Billionaire Bob Johnson makes a suggestion.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by naughty, Jun 4, 2008.

1. naughty

Gold Member

How many of you thought that former BET owner Bob Johnson was being rather presumptuous in a approaching the head of the black caucus and urging them to pressure Sen Obama in taking Sen Clinton as his running mate? First, even though supporters have been screaming for this concession, who is to say that Sen Clinton herself really can bring herself to be second in command and honestly support Sen Obama when she clearly doesnt seem to have any intention of concession? Even though some think it would be best for the party, I think it is unfair for either to be pressured into this if this is not what they truly believe could work.

2. marleyisalegend

Gold Member

Albums:
    bob johnson is a wack-job. if he told me not to jump off a cliff i'd dive headfirst

3. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is the first I'm hearing of it. Do you really think Barack Obama, who has campaigned for these many months against the undue influence of big moneyed interests on our federal government, is going to bow to some billionaire network mogul?

Given the enormity of what the Obama campaign has accomplished, I cannot realistically seem them being "forced" into any strategy by outside pressures. I'm confident they understand what a poison pill Hillary is and will avoid her being on the ticket at all costs. They'll wrangle with finding the most diplomatic means of telling her to piss off, but that will be the message nonetheless.

4. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

If Barack was smart... he'd at least ask her to be VP... not only would that cement the whole democratic electorate behind a single ticket... not only would it be historic to have BOTH a black man and a woman heading the administration.... it would probably be a good guarantee against Barack getting shot...
    Because, no matter how much certain lunatics might hate having a black president... those same lunatics hate Hillary even more....

Draft saved Draft deleted