Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
heres my situation.my girlfriend an i had sex a few days ago and i came inside her. shes on the combination pill and has been for a year. its 14 days til her next period so shes most fertile now. she for sure takes her pill EVERY day within 3hrs of each other. im 21 she 19. what are the chances of her being pregnant? Im very worried about it and need some honest input wheater it makes me feel good or bad...just honest. her birth control is also the generic stuff

also anyone had the pill fail them?

Rubenesque

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The pill is incredibly reliable as long as it's taken correctly.

The period a woman has when she is on the pill is not an actual period, she is not releasing an egg as her reproductive system has been shut down by the hormones in the pill.

Don't worry too much - but in future, bag it!

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
i have a grandchild named ZOEY...she was concieved after adjusting strength of pill...but like the poster above says...pill is nearly fool proof...if used proper....will not tell you not to worry...but next time a trip to planned parent or doctor for the RU482...might be warranted...

college777

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Coventry, Rhode Island, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Most birth control is extremely effective. If she is on a combination pill you have 2 things going for you. 1st the estrogen suppresses ovulation so their should be no egg to be fertilized. 2ns, the progesterone portion makes the uterine lining more harsh for implantation. If she takes it religiously and trully within 3 hours you should be fine. The only question to ask is if she has been on antibiotics lately? BTW I am a pharmacist, I get asked this stuff all the time

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
she takes the pill daily. she takes it within a small time window. if she hasn't been on antibiotics, doesn't take st john wart or medication (usually seizure medications) that might hinder the pill, the effectiveness rate is 98%. you shouldn't have to worry. the odds of her getting pregnant are pretty damn slim. even with missing a day, then doubling up the next, the pill is still in 85-87% effective.

if you are worried, in the future use condoms on her most fertile days or a contraceptive insert (films, foam or tablet) as a back up form of b/c. condoms have the added benifit of reducing exposure to STDs,STIs. you are both being careful and responsible, don't worry so much. sex is meant to be fun.

ML

the planned parent hood web site should have tons of information. educated is better than panicked any day of the week.

Birth Control - The Pill

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
heres my situation.my girlfriend an i had sex a few days ago and i came inside her. shes on the combination pill and has been for a year. its 14 days til her next period so shes most fertile now. she for sure takes her pill EVERY day within 3hrs of each other. im 21 she 19. what are the chances of her being pregnant? Im very worried about it and need some honest input wheater it makes me feel good or bad...just honest. her birth control is also the generic stuff

also anyone had the pill fail them?

While it's great that you are aware of her cycle and obviously conscientious, I'd have to say you're both ,fine don't worry. :cool:

It's been about 6 years since I was on the pill. I used a generic mini-pill and never had a problem. MickeyLee's advice is correct though. Many a baby has been born when mom had to take anti-biotics.

lays

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
thanks for the replys guys. i got one more question. how soon after having sex can she take a pregnancy test and it be pretty accurate? can it be befor her scheduled period?

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It should be pretty reliable indeed. And if it should seem that it has failed, there's always abortus. At this age, you better don't get a child.

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
It should be pretty reliable indeed. And if it should seem that it has failed, there's always abortus. At this age, you better don't get a child.

Yikes, my parents were a little younger when they had me. I am glad they did abort me. While it is difficult to raise a child, it is not the end of the world. Then there are always family's looking to adopt.

Last edited:

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
thanks for the replys guys. i got one more question. how soon after having sex can she take a pregnancy test and it be pretty accurate? can it be befor her scheduled period?

This was what I found on a pregnancy test site:

All pregnancy tests look for the presence of hCG. hCG is short for "’’human chorionic gonadotropin’’". It is a hormone produced by the placenta during pregnancy. It is not produced until implantation (when the fertilized egg attaches to the. Implantation does not occur until 6-12 days after ovulation. So the soonest you can take a pregnancy test and get a positive test result is seven days after ovulation, though many women will get a false negative at this time.
It can be tough, but you should try to wait to take a pregnancy test until 10-12 days after ovulation.

If you two are worried, you both may want to find some other birth control methods available.

Last edited: