Birth control pill, no periods?

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
My girl is really getting worried and I am a little too now. She was on one pill for about 6 months and had a lot of bleeding all the time so they switched her pill. She has been about 3 months and hasnt had a period on it. She told her doctor and they said it could take a while for her body to get used to it and resume normal cycle. She had a pregnancy test at the doctors and it was negative.

She has been very good about taking her pill and hasn't missed a day.
We always use condoms as a second form of protection so to me, I don't think we have anything to worry about. We have always used them correctly and never had a break.

Is it normal to go this long on a new pill? What should she expect in the future.

dsimmons01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife had problems with the pill. She had a lot of spotting and they switched her and it was better..but she had no sex drive. She is going off the pill and is going to look into a diaphram (sp). The pill just doesnt suit well with some people.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I have been on about a dozen different birth control pills. I found that the generic version of my current pill makes me have irratic bleeding. Many other pills didn't do this and i've been known to skip periods on my week of inactive pills. The last 6 years or so i've been taking the pill non stop with no week off ever, no more periods for me. It's great. But im also not a fertile person so i dont have to worry as much about pregnancy when i dont have periods, i just take a test a few times a year to make sure since im on some medicines that could be toxic to a pregnancy.

Since she's been in her doctors office and had a test, its highly unlikely she is currently pregnant, but with the odd bleeding there could be a chance the pill is not working properly for her and i wouldnt trust it 100%. Most docs like to see how you react after 90 days and are happy to switch you to another one to see if it works better.

lickme69

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I got pregnant on the pill, so I do not trust them! They do mess up your cycles and the doctor says this is normal. Finally they did a test on me and told me I was pregnant. Birth control was definitely a problem for me. I now have my tubes tied.

bigboobies

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i've been on and off various birth control for the majority of my life, mostly for menstrual reasons, rather than as birth control. i never found any of the pills actually suited my body, especially in the long term. they either sending my blood pressure sky-rocketing, gave me different bleeding problems or various other things!

the method i preferred (and found suited my body) was having the depo-provera injection (once every 90 days), which i had for about 6 years, and during which time i didnt have periods [yay!!] (aside from some spotting for the first few months).

the only reason i now have a coil fitted instead (meaning i do have periods - and other medication to try and minimise the amount i actually bleed) is that they were concerned for my bone density and the risk of osteoporosis, as the likelihood of these problems raises when you dont have a proper menstrual cycle. (or so they told me!) they gave me the choice of a coil or an implant, but i'm a bit of a wimp about needles and stuff, and i wasnt sure i liked the idea of having something put in under my skin, so i opted for (in my opion) the lesser of 2 evils!

its definitely worth trying other things (in my opinion) and asking about the positives and negatives of different methods - and there are so many different choices out there its worth trying different ones until you find one you like.

Sariko

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I had really strange periods on various pills, I would bleed like a stuck pig for years straight (literally a week or less off every few months), then I stopped having periods regularly, only every few months. Now I have an IUD and I don't bleed at all, I highly recommend them if you're monogamous.

EboniGoddess

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know. I've been on the nuvaring and depo (ring and shot) and the shot causes you to loose your period and i've taken a ring out after 3 weeks and put a new one in so i didn't get my period. Im not sure about the pill. There are so many on the market. The pills have the least effective rate out of all the hormonal methods. I have an IUD now. Pehaps she should try it. Its not the one advertised. Merana (or however you spell it) only lasts 5 yrs. The one I have last 10 yrs and has no horomones. Its made of copper which paralyzes sperm and also blocks sperm from meeting the egg. Its the most effective method I believe. Im sorry I can't help you with your situation though. Maybe if you told the name of the pill she's on other women would be able to help...sorry