Birth Control Pills

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by thirtyseven, Mar 13, 2011.

1. thirtyseven

thirtyseven New Member

So this girl told me she took birth control pills.
    From what I know of her, and I've known her for many years.
    She's still a virgin and does not sleep around..

I'm curious as to why she would want to take bc pills..

Did she do it simply because she wanted to avoid magic week?
    Or what is the reason? Can some of the ladies here explain this one to me?

No I'm not in a relationship with her and I'm not looking to see if she's lying. I was just curious why she would take BC pills if she wasn't avoiding pregnancy...

Thanks in advance!

2. bulldogfan5

bulldogfan5 New Member

Depending on her age, she could take it for reasons such as controlling acne...i know someone who takes it for that who is also a virgin.

3. thirtyseven

thirtyseven New Member

she's 20 and always says "Drink plenty of water its good for your skin."
    Lol... really?? BC for acne control?

Well. Hope to hear from the ladies if anyone else does that.. or if there are other reasons us guys don't know of.

4. GayFrog

GayFrog Member

The 'Pill" is not just for birth control. It can protect against ovarian cancer, relieve menstrual pain, help with skin disorders like acne and blemishes, regulates the menstrual cycle and helps with hormone disorders.

Hope this was helpful, and answered your question.

5. VernalTiger

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    ^ ^ ^ What he said. There are plenty of lesbians who have never even touched a penis who have taken the Pill at some stage or another.

For many women it's primarily about hormonal regulation, because Mother Nature is sometimes a vindictive bitch who likes to beat us into submission 12 weeks a year.

6. thirtyseven

thirtyseven New Member

Lol thank you! I think I understand why now. Was just curious but I get it now haha

7. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Every time I have taken it, it has been to correct my own cycle. I have a lot of endo disease.

8. xX_Sarah_Xx

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Personally, I took BC because my menstruation was much too heavy. Up to the point where during that week I fainted multiple times because of the combined effects of low blood pressure, blood loss and pain.

A lot of younger women are on some type of "birth control" to help calm down their hormones a bit. It's usually a very light type of BC pill. Acne is often related to hormonal changes and so the pill can help control it. There's a "BUT" to this though.

I would say for young women, as long as there are no severe problems or she's not taking the pill as birth control in se, it's not advisable to start changing her hormone system. Always best when it comes to hormones, to let nature run it's course. Hormones have a big effect on us, and every individual is different. Pills are fabricated to serve the "average", and for things as lawsuit-dangerous as a failed birthcontrol pill, pharmaceutical companies will not take the risk. The intake of hormones will almost always be higher than "necessary". (This plays a part in the enhanced chance for breast cancer.)

Personally, I think not enough women (and men!) realise this. Having to take corticosteroids is something people watch out for, and hesitate to do, but birth control hormones are used en masse. I wonder sometimes how people will look back on this 50 years from now...

On a second note, to the OP, a girl on birth control usually does STILL have her period. Most birth control pills are taken for 21 days, and then in a 7 day break the girl has her period. I'm not sure if you realised this, reading your first post. If you didn't, then hey, here's that cleared up for you ^^. If you did, ignore this :p

9. MsThang

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
    Verified:
    Photo
    I was anemic due to heavy bleeding during my period. Now I only have spotting for one or two days with BC pills. Just wonderful.

10. Smooth88

Smooth88 New Member

Albums:
    My sister takes them because to control the bleeding and discharge during her period.

Draft saved Draft deleted