Birth Control Questions

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
the reasons to take birth control pills are not always just to prevent contraception. For me it was a way of lessening and nearly ceasing my menstrual cycle to give me relief from endometriosis. But I had to try many different products to find the one that did not make me have symptoms much worse than the cure. And yes, hormonal surges can be equally as bad as bipolar illness in some women.

Njqt466 has covered the whole question quite well earlier otherwise. And if a woman is on BCP and you do not know her already intimately, it is wise to rely on a condom for disease protection. The pill has nothing to do with that.

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
I know everyone's saying evil things about Yaz and Yasmin these days, but Yasmin is part of what saved me from literally having a partial psychotic break every month. If you do what the package says and go to the doctor again in a little while for a heart and potassium check (instead of ignoring your symptoms/side effects like the women who got sick from it did), it is a God's-honest-truth life saver for people like me with genuine PMDD. Plus, no more huge deep zits on my back scarring me and making me cry even more. Little zits,sure, but I've got Clearasil and Bare Minerals Foundation for those.

Sorry but anyone can do what ANY package of drugs tells you to do, and they still can suffer side effects and such. Whats works for someone doesn't mean it'll work for another person.

D_Ellerby Eatsprick

Experimental Member
Media
all pills have different hormone cocktails...
she really needs to discuss these side effects with her physician...
the weight gain is also a reaction to being on the wrong cocktail...
I only suggest depo if you like being riddled with tumors after prolonged use...

I thought Depo was taken off the market because of the health risks associated with it?? I recall a couple years ago, that Canada's version of "Food and Drug Administration" took Depo off and sent a public notice that Depo would be discontinued.

Hmm...

tasteslikejellyjam

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought Depo was taken off the market because of the health risks associated with it?? I recall a couple years ago, that Canada's version of "Food and Drug Administration" took Depo off and sent a public notice that Depo would be discontinued.

Hmm...

unfortunately America is a lot slower with that kind of thing...
actually more like they don't care...
the FDA is also a very corrupt political place...
they pushed through many unsafe products because of lobbying...
This is who runs the FDA & Dept of Ag

some of the wonderful products made by Monsanto & pushed through the FDA for consumer use before proper testing could be done... or there was testing but the finds were covered up because the market potential was more appealing...

Please be aware that these products are illegal in Canada & most of Europe but not the US...

rBGH - known carcinogen & main cause of reproductive problems in children... found in dairy products...
Aspartame - causes neurological disorders along with brain tumors in those as young as 19... found in diet products as a sugar substitute...
Mercury - metal poison found in contaminated sea food... was decalred safe for human consumption earlier this year by the FDA...

and the list goes on... Depo is still on the market in the US... so far there have only been class actions in Canada... in the US some women's groups are petitioning the FDA to remove it from the market... they've been unsuccessfully doing that since 1995...

Last edited:

Long&Thick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I talked to her roommate about it a few days ago and she said it must be just me, because she's yet to see a change. I've kind of backed off really worrying about her and what she does. I'll always care for her and things like that but it's her life, her decisions. She's been on the pill since Thanksgiving. I would imagine some of the side effects would kick in by now. If anything, I have noticed an increase in her appetite. She doesn't eat often, but when she does she eats like a snake. I have a feeling she'll notice a change and start eating less and less, and doing "bad" things to her body to make the effects go away because she doesn't realize it's the pill. I hope she doesn't do that. IF things like that do happen, she'll keep it under cover, the last thing she wants to hear is an "I told you so" from her parents, who are against the whole thing. It's a pain she's the one to jump through hoops for her boyfriend. That just tears me up.

I'm trying to move on and not hang out with her as much, not because of the BC pill issues, but because as of now, there's nothing more that can happen between us, she told me she's going to try and make things work with her boyfriend in Germany and that was that.

I'll probably say bye to her before I leave for Christmas break, tell her I had fun being with her this semester, and that she have an enjoyable break. I'll hug her and kiss the top of her head (I'm 6'7, she's 5'4) and then I'll leave, to move on to other things. That's the way I have it planned out anyways.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*SNIP*

Please be aware that these products are illegal in Canada & most of Europe but not the US...

rBGH - known carcinogen & main cause of reproductive problems in children... found in dairy products...
Aspartame - causes neurological disorders along with brain tumors in those as young as 19... found in diet products as a sugar substitute...
Mercury - metal poison found in contaminated sea food... was decalred safe for human consumption earlier this year by the FDA...

and the list goes on... Depo is still on the market in the US... so far there have only been class actions in Canada... in the US some women's groups are petitioning the FDA to remove it from the market... they've been unsuccessfully doing that since 1995...

I used to make out with a guy that was highly allergic to aspartame. They used to put it in sugar free gum. Imagine my horror when after kissing me he puked. :yikes: Fortunately, he knew what the problem was and I stopped chewing that brand of gum. :cool: Believe it or not we are friends to this day.

tasteslikejellyjam

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to make out with a guy that was highly allergic to aspartame. They used to put it in sugar free gum. Imagine my horror when after kissing me he puked. :yikes: Fortunately, he knew what the problem was and I stopped chewing that brand of gum. :cool: Believe it or not we are friends to this day.

well that was a random story...
but highly entertaining... XD
most people who have an allergy have migraines that can lead to vomiting...
this product was being tested as pesticide when someone discovered its tasty qualities...

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i love you, girly!

you really do come out with some weird & random shit :biggrin1:

Long&Thick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
We ate lunch today, she commented on her larger than average appetite and her weight. I asked her weight (I know, guys shouldn't do that, but I asked politely, as a friend) and she said she was normally between 118 and 120, she weighed in at 121/122 late last week she told me. I asked her which brand of pill she was on and she told me that it was a "generic version of Seasonale". I proceeded to ask her if she's done any research on the pill before she started taking it. She replied "no". I thought to myself..."what a dumb move". I wish she would have listened to her parents, but of course they know nothing according to her and they are just jealous because she is so thin and pretty. Burns me up that she has to be the one to make the changes...but I'm not going to say anything else about it to her. She's going to have to learn I guess :confused: