Birth Control

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Imported, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Imported

Gold Member

hung: Please enter any comments as you consider appropriate. Would appreciate hearing how successful your option is. Conversely, any failure of your selected system. Thanks.

2. Max

Max New Member

Hung,

I think you don't mean the rhyme method (though I'm sure good sex should be poetic :)) .. so much as the rhythm method ... maybe it should have a good beat to it as well ...

A more serious point. Your poll is hard to answer if like us you have used several methods over the years. In our case we began with the pill, occasionally used the diaphragm (why are all these things almost impossible to spell?) and after we had three children I had the snip.

Other comments ..

1. The cap (diaphragm) is fiddly, and if our experience is anything to go by I reckon a big guy may inadvertently but easily dislodge it.

2. The pill is fine for a while, but of course long term there are health risks with it.

3. Condoms ... the ones available when I needed them were never any good for me for the usual reasons. I felt — and was — strangled. Also, I often have the ability and the need to come twice with the one erection .. no way do I want to pull out and go through the contortions necessary to apply another condom half way through. I want to stay right in there! I also had severe doubts about the ability of the condoms to contain a very large ejaculation .. so the whole idea was a non-starter so far as I was concerned.

4. Funnily enough .. pretty well the best sex we ever had was always when we had no need for any contraception becuase we were trying for a baby. That always felt .. so good. Any other dads (or mums) here agree with this?

Max

3. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

I won't get pregnant ... I use mouthwash! ;D

4. Imported

Gold Member

Finedessert: I am a Good example of why they should have had the pill in 1932. ::)

Grandpa

5. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

But this brings up an interesting point. I know most of us have had complaints on how condoms fit. Since this seems a genuine concern, how does being well endowed fit in with attempts to stay protected during sex?

Truth be told, I haven't had too many women who were comfortable with or willing to take on my size. And if I weren't that lucky, I just had to grin-and-bear it with the condoms available ('cause it's not like your school nurse is gonna hand out free Magnum XLs, y'know).

6. johnstone1985

johnstone1985 New Member

Naive 17 Year Old Alert!!!!

I know what the cap is and all the details ect. but how the hell do you put it on?

7. jonb

Gold Member

I think the cap is a condom that just goes on the glans. It's useless; sperm CAN ricochet, after all.

8. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

It's the style these days to wear the cap backwards.

The poor sperm doesn't know whether it's cumming or going.

Pecker

9. Max

Max New Member

The cap (at least in UK parlance) is a female method ... a diaphragm placed over the cervix. Now you see the likely problem ....

10. johnstone1985

johnstone1985 New Member

I'm still none the wiser :(

I'll just wait till my time (excuse the pun) comes :)

11. Imported

Gold Member

DoubleDigitDick: Ah, bummer here. No way to mark multiple options. The situation for me is that my long term partner is sterile, and we both prefer no barriers. But we often share a girlfriend or two. So, for those moments, I use a condom.

When I was younger, I tried a few different brands until I settled on Trojans Magnum size. They're okay, but they are a rather snug fit, and don't cover the whole length. But, that's not that big of a problem when it only 8 inches fits inside.

12. Imported

Gold Member

thatsme: I didnt see the option of

NO Birth Control?

If everyone used birth control, there woulld be no births. or that would mean birth control is useless ( as evidenced by births) so stupid to use it at all.

13. Imported

Gold Member

jsmith: Hey fellas,
    As I wrote in another section by accident, does anybody know of a wider condom than the Trojan Magnum XL? It seems like there are definatly some other guys who get choked by them, so do ya'll know of any special order places if there aren't wider ones?
    Thanks

14. Imported

Gold Member

thingsteal: Wife and I did pull-out for 10+ years. Occasionally we would use a condom (Magnums!) if she was ovulating. Pulling out worked 100%.

When we decided to have kids and I nailed her the first time I shot inside her while ovulating. What amazing luck.

After the last kid, we decided we were done with babies and I got a vasectomy. Intercourse has never been better now that we don't have to worry about making any more babies and my wife really likes getting filled with my cum (minus the sperm).

15. Imported

Gold Member

ruscorp: BYOC works for me! :D

16. Imported

Gold Member

johnholmeshorse: I know I may get flack for this but me and my now fiancee go bareback. We have both been tested and we are both clean. We use spermicide gel. We both hate condoms and she loves feeling the natural me inside. We tried the condom thing a few times but they were a pain. I used them when I was younger but now that we are commited to each other, and that I have good control, we don't see it as an issue.

17. Imported

Gold Member

hung: Thanks for all the comments to this poll question. I appreciate all the information and can appreciate everyone's viewpoints.

Draft saved Draft deleted