birth control

1811: I got some ass last night for the first time in awhile. Its bittersweet though, because after she said that she'd been off the pill for a month. :eek:
I had pulled out anyways.. I guess force of habit when I don't wear a rubber..

but my question is... how long is birth control effective? Should she have taken a morning after pill?

sammygirly: Welllll......they say the hormones from the pill stay in your system for at least a month afterwards (many women planning pregnancies have little success in the first months after stopping the pill), sometimes longer....but, sometimes shorter too.

Regardless, doesn't matter how long it stays in the system - you should have been FULLY aware of your partner's birth control methods and STILL wore a condom.

Tsk.
Shame on you.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, but miss your pill EVEN ONCE, and you're more fertile than ever. I know because I knew a woman who was trying to get pregnant, and that was one thing her doctor told her to try.

AnonyMs: Don't forget to get an HIV test after having unprotected sex. Each time you choose to engage in unprotected sex, the clock starts at zero. You need a negative result six months from your last potential exposure before you know for sure you are truly disease-free.

Heck, while you are at it, get the whole STD panel.

1811: i appreciate the advice guys ;)

i know its smart to get the HIV test and whatnot. although im not in a rush to have a Q Tip stick into my cock.

i def. shoulda worn a rubber, i know, but things get different in the moment. crap. i'll update on how things go =P

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=1811 link=board=sex;num=1056051069;start=0#4 date=06/20/03 at 22:46:57]although im not in a rush to have a Q Tip stick into my cock.
[/quote]

Huh?

HIV tests, as well as the standard STD panel, are done with a blood test.  Your urethra usually only gets swabbed when they need to do a culture after they already suspect that you've got something bacterial.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
STDs, like other diseases, can be either bacterial or viral. Examples of bacterial STDs include syphilis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia. Examples of viral STDs are HIV/AIDS, HPV, hepititus, and herpes.

For non-STD illnesses, the flu or the cold are examples of viral illnesses, while an infected cut on your finger is caused by bacteria.

Bacterial problems are usually brought under rapid control by simple antibiotic drugs. The bacteria causing the illness can be grown outside the body, using a culture medium. A doctor can take a swab of the puss, etc, from an infected area, have the lab grow a culture, and examine it under a microscope or by other tests to confirm the diagnosis. However, some bacterial illnesses can be identified by a blood antibody test, rather than taking a culture. Therefore, in the standard STD panel, a blood antibody test is used to check for syphillis, not a swab. Other bacterial STD often often have obvious signs (sores, discharge), and a swab is usually used to confirm the diagnosis made on the basis of these signs.

Viral conditions are more complex to deal with. Hence, there is no magic cure for the common cold. The virus can only reproduce inside living hosts, and can not be grown in a culture like bacteria. As such, confirmation of a viral diagnosis is usually based on antibody tests only.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I'd like to say, my ancestors cured rabies with just some coneflower seeds and roots. Now the altmedicine types sell it as a cure-all, so the plant in question will probably soon be endangered. But because they put it in everything, the immune system gets weaker, just like when you put penicillin in everything.

What plant is it? It begins with an E.

Of course, rabies' reproduction is different from HIV's, because HIV, like Ebola and SARS, is made of RNA, not DNA.

brad2002: I know which plant you are referring to, jonb, and I'm not going to name it because I don't want to give anyone any ideas. Anyone with a health concern needs to see a doctor. Taking herbal pills from GNC or eating plants out of the garden is no substitute for genuine medical care. Not that you are suggesting such a thing. Our ancestors (on any continent) may have treated some diseases effectively with herbal rememdies, but we should remember that their life expectancy was something ridiculous, like 40, if that.

Most STDs can be treated quickly, effectively and at little monetary cost, but must be done under the direction of a physician. Those which have no cure still need to be treated intelligently.

I waited too many years before having my first HIV test because I was afraid to know the truth and was too embarrassed to speak to my doctor about it. He recommonded that I go to a county health clinic (to keep it out of my medical records and protect my privacy). When I did and got back a negative result, I wa so relieved. I can't believe I was so foolish to keep away from good medical care for so long - and all because I was in denial about the possibilities.

See a doctor. Wear a condom.

BTW, Sammygirly, assuming that the Pill will be effective for ANY amount of time after you have stopped taking it, or even missed a dose, is a dangerous proposition.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Don't worry; they'd be a first if they could cure AIDS anyway. And they'd be the first Westerners to find a use for an American plant.

Seriously, the failure of altmedicine types is when they put echinacea in everything. Same thing that happens when you put penicillin in everything.

I was mostly remarking on how viruses have been cured before. It's just RNA viruses that haven't. (And I know an HIV patient who suddenly got worse when he started taking AZT.)

bustyredhead: Prudence is intelligent when it comes to dealing with the effects of sex. She definately should have taken a "Morning After" pill, unless she's really got the desire to tie you down. :)

Anyways, off-topic, I doubt they'd cure AIDS, mainly because cures never make as much money as medications. One of the cons of a capitalistic medical system - in case you cared. lol

- Nene (The Nurse ;))

1811: thanks for the advice guys. turns out things are ok phew.

and to those who advised a condom - they don't fit me

bustyredhead: Well, obviously not. ;) lol Ever tried one of those female condoms (not on, but in the girl). Not sure if you're too thick for those. Also, I once knew a guy about your size who had custom-made ones. They cost a lot, apparantly, but they were worth it just for the visual effect. :)

- Nene (Protected By Latex)

TopheavyTeen: Its just better if your too large for most ready avaliable condoms for the female to use as many different forms as possible.

Well that I have noticed anyways.

Trackers: I agree with Nene. She really should have either stayed on the pill, or took a morning after pill. There is always as chance that your cum could find it's way into her pussy.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
The withdrawal method's useless. As are the caps that just cover the head.

Condoms are your only defense against HIV, short of abstinence.