Birth Control.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Ladies what form of birth control do you use?

I myself use "Implanon" along with insisting on condoms for casual encounters. (I hate condoms but it's better than getting an STD)

Implanon is a etonogestrel implant that is inserted under the skin on the inside of the upper arm.
A appointment is made with a trained GP (trained as in in implanting the implant).
They will do a physical and a pregnancy test.
Here in Austraila it is available with a script and you then return to the GP with the implant.
The implant it's self is a 4cm -2 inch long flexible stick with a small metal strip running along it's length so it will show up in X-rays.
It comes in a long blister pack, ready loaded in a one use only, large bore hypodermic needle/applicator.
The GP with administer a local to the site that the implant will be inserted.
A small nick will be made and the inplant will be injected under the skin.
The small wound is then closed with a single stitch.
I found I was very bruised after the procedure.
It lasts for three years.
The beauty of it is that it's a no brainer.
No need to remember to take the pill every morning and I saw no reduction in my libdo while using it.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
(Almost) none here either. We're not exactly fertile without assistance. One planned child in 8 years kinda makes me lazy. I keep meaning to get an IUD but so far the various methods endorsed by the Catholic Church work pretty well for us. But, like I said, there are underlying fertility issues for my husband and me.

wi_sugargrl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Is anyone taking Yaz? New bc pill out there - it has a diuretic in it to help battle the weight gain. One of my nurses at work had a horrible allergic reaction the other day - had to have epi and benedryl in the ED. Scarry!!!

Sugar

christina

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
im a depo girl! i can honestly say that im just not responsible enough to take the pill everyday at the same time, and my work schedule changes from time to time and when ur in the middle of gettin ppl ready its not like u can just stop and say oh wait i need to take my pill. The shot just works better for me, and i go in every 12 weeks and i dont have to worry about my period!

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I understand the reality of our generation...but I still find that statement profoundly saddening.
I know. :frown1:

I grew up in the Bay Area, condoms were everywhere and protecting my sexual health was hammered into my head as a priority from an early age. A lot of people were sick and dying in my community circa mid to late 80s and I have never forgotten.

I'll get around to it, though. You know, the person who I allow it to happen with, because you know almost every single one has asked :rolleyes:, must be someone who I trust with my life - and no one has quite made it there yet. :smile:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nun :eek: Ooops - Irish Freudian slip. :redface:
None - my man has that end of things taken care of.
:eek: What!?!?! But he promised me some of his best swimmers so we could have beautiful beige babies with green eyes!

(Almost) none here either. We're not exactly fertile without assistance. One planned child in 8 years kinda makes me lazy. I keep meaning to get an IUD but so far the various methods endorsed by the Catholic Church work pretty well for us. But, like I said, there are underlying fertility issues for my husband and me.
I have a friend who used to be a nun. She quit after 20 years because she felt it was too restrictive for her. .:tongue: She is now a hospital chaplain and grief counselor. Anywho she told me a joke you may appreciate. :smile:

Q: What do you call people who use the rhythm method of birth control?
A: Parents :biggrin1:

I understand the reality of our generation...but I still find that statement profoundly saddening.
As do I especially since I am 10 years older than the both of you.

Wow, your wife has adenomyosis too! I totally empathize with her as I know her pain. :redface: Does she have any spotting or cramping with Yaz? What about vaginal dryness?

Hmm, I will have to ask my ob/gyn if that will work for me as well.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i use ortho mirconor pills. they're just like the ortho tri cylcen pills, except they don't have any estrogen hormones in them. my dr. recommended these because i have heart irregularites and the estrogen would make it worst. but he also recommended it to control my acne. if i'm not on the pill, i'll seriously break out like a teenager.

as much as i hate condoms, i still use them too. my brand of preference is pleasure plus. i swear these are the best condoms i have ever used! it feels a lot better than the trojan or durex brands. the only thing is these suckers don't come cheap. it costs around $13 USD for a box of 12.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Does she have any spotting or cramping with Yaz?

Light degrees of both, mostly around when she would normally have her period. For all the weirdness possible with being on a constant dose, she's come out fairly lucky.

What about vaginal dryness?

Not that we've noticed. Granted, I'm not a doctor...but I do spend a good deal of time in the neighborhood. :biggrin1:

D_Hyacinth Harrytwat

Account Disabled
Media
Alesse over here, first type I've ever tried. I get headaches and crave chocolate sometimes, which never used to happen before. It's levonorgestrel & ethinyl estradiol so you have to take them every day at the same time but it's not too hard to do - I don't care if I have to take them in public.

It's free, you get a bag of (regular sized) condoms with it, and a pap smear if you need one. Goooo Canada!

zacktoria

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
im a depo girl! i can honestly say that im just not responsible enough to take the pill everyday at the same time, and my work schedule changes from time to time and when ur in the middle of gettin ppl ready its not like u can just stop and say oh wait i need to take my pill. The shot just works better for me, and i go in every 12 weeks and i dont have to worry about my period!

Me too!! I agree it's the easiest way to go. However my niece did get pregnant while on the shot! lol So it does make me worry a bit but not enough to get and IUD.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
Me too!! I agree it's the easiest way to go. However my niece did get pregnant while on the shot! lol So it does make me worry a bit but not enough to get and IUD.

the same thing happened with a friend of mine. he and his then-girlfriend-now-wife got pregnant with their son while she was on the shot. not even a few months after she gave birth, they got pregnant again with their daughter. i am sure she has changed birth control methods since then!

walla99

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have a Paraguard IUD. I love it. The only drawback is I don't get the short periods I got with the pill.

My current boyfriend and I used condoms also until we both got tested for stds.

The problem with birth control is it's never 100% error-free. I got pregnant using a condom. Obviously it wasn't put on soon enough. I had a friend who got pregnant with an IUD and I know someone who had baby #5 while he had a vasectomy...rare yes but it can happen.