Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was just wondering what type of birth control do the women of lpsg use? Is it hormone induced? If so what type? (Depo Provera, The Patch etc?) Do you have any ill side effects from it?

If you aren't using a hormone type of birth control ( what are you using) and are you happy with it?

The reason why I am asking is because I have recently gone back on the pill, even though I am over 35 my gynecologist suggested I go back on a pill called "Micronor" by Janssen-Ortho- since I wasn't getting regular periods.

It is a progesterone type of birth control and I only have a 3 hour window to take it, or else I may get pregnant if not taken at the same time each day. I know it seems a bit extreme, however the combined estrogen and progesterone pills make me sick to my stomach. Anyone else on this type of pill?

BikerGirlnAtl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm on a pill called Levlite and so far so good. This is the third brand I have been on due to complications and such. What time of day are you taking your pill? I found if I took the pill during the day I would experience severe nausea so my Dr. recommended me taking it right before I go to bed that way I'd sleep through the discomfort. This seems to work for me and I also eat a small snack when I take the pill that way there's something on my stomach and that really helps too. If you experience more complications I wouldn't hesitate to call you physician and ask him/her about it, that's what they're there for. Good Luck with it!

walla99

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I have an IUD and it works for me. I'm not good at taking a pill every day at the same time and I don't like the idea of synthetic hormones either. It's also highly safe and effective (almost the same as a tubal.), and easily reversible. It's also one of the cheapest long-term birth control...the longer you use it, the cheaper it is. It's good for 10 years but can be taken out whenever you want. I've used the pill and patch before, btw.

duckie

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i got my tubes tied at 30. I didn't want to have any more kids after 30 and since I was getting a c-section, I asked the dr to tie my tubes. Before that I was using the pill and hated having to take a pill everyday or the fear if I forgot. I love the freedom of not having to worry about birth control so does my honey.
Good luck and good for you for thinking about this before its too late :baby:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Yasmin and it worked wonders. I was in the hospital last month with cramps so bad I was puking. This month the day I knew there was to be pain, I started the pill.. no pain what so ever. There is a pain god.

MidwestGal

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was just wondering what type of birth control do the women of lpsg use? Is it hormone induced? If so what type? (Depo Provera, The Patch etc?) Do you have any ill side effects from it?

If you aren't using a hormone type of birth control ( what are you using) and are you happy with it?

The reason why I am asking is because I have recently gone back on the pill, even though I am over 35 my gynecologist suggested I go back on a pill called "Micronor" by Janssen-Ortho- since I wasn't getting regular periods.

It is a progesterone type of birth control and I only have a 3 hour window to take it, or else I may get pregnant if not taken at the same time each day. I know it seems a bit extreme, however the combined estrogen and progesterone pills make me sick to my stomach. Anyone else on this type of pill?

none except condoms and on the rare occasion I am was with my fuck buddy of 6 months without (we were both tested for everything prior to sexual involvement) I chart my period and have for years. But I have thought about going back on some type of birthcontrol again but I need to see what all of my doctors concur since I am on so many meds as it is.

The extra hormones were making me more sick to my stomach than I already was getting so I wasn't keeping them down.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I've been on Seasonale for 4 years and no periods since then. It's great. I've considered getting a hysterectomy because i know i cant be on the pill forever and i'm pretty sure i'm not going to have any more children. If i'm off of the pill i bleed for weeks and pretty much get anemic. Not to mention those kind of cramps that TK gets- Puking and all!

I took micronor when i was nursing my daughter since its estrogen free. I'm not a fertile person so i didnt worry much about taking it later than the previous day. If you think you might get pregnant from this potential risk and you arent wanting any children right now, use spermicide or something else to help prevent it.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
i'm also taking orthro micronor and i've been on it for about 6 months now. i don't have any problems with it, but every woman's body is different. my doctor also recommended micronor for me because i have heart irregularities and this pill is less likely to affect me due to the lack of estrogen. i like how it's worked for me and i plan to stick with it.

honeydew

Experimental Member
Media
I am on Mirena IUD which is the one with progesteron. I was having such heavy periods I would miss work at times. This little baby stays in for five years and I only have a slight discharge during my period now, if any at all. Since I was not concerned about pregnancy at the time, and that was not the reason for getting it, I only had to pay a fifty dollar co-pay.:smile:
It hurt like h$!! when getting it but I love it.

Honeydew

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not on any birth control at the moment. Dr. took me off because my triglycerides were elevated......and I have to get the triglycerides down before I can go back on the pill. Supposedly High Triglycerides and Birth Control pill are a no no. High Triglycerides can be an indicator for heart problems later on down the road. Anyways I have to take fish oil suppliments and attempt a diabetic diet for a while (limit white product carbs and limit alcohol) in an attempt to get the Triglycerides down.

Before the high triglycerides I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.

D_Ivana Dickenside

Sexy Member
Media
Not on any birth control at the moment. Dr. took me off because my triglycerides were elevated......and I have to get the triglycerides down before I can go back on the pill. Supposedly High Triglycerides and Birth Control pill are a no no. High Triglycerides can be an indicator for heart problems later on down the road. Anyways I have to take fish oil suppliments and attempt a diabetic diet for a while (limit white product carbs and limit alcohol) in an attempt to get the Triglycerides down.

Before the high triglycerides I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo.

ortho tri-cylcen lo is wonderful! it cleared up my skin, reduced my period cramps, and shortened my cylce to three (sometimes two) days. i used to take that brand before i switched over to micronor.

blondstranger

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not on anything right now seeing as I've been single for 3+yrs. But when I was in a steady relationship, I was on the Depo shot. I tried 4 or 5 different pills and would wind up dehydrated and really sick from the nausea and vomiting from the hormones. One even threw me into a mild depression that seemed to take forever to clear up. I finally changed doctors b/c my first wasn't listening when I told him what was going on with the side effects... but the 2nd doc suggested the shot and when I was on it it was wonderful. My periods were only 3 days long, very light, and my emotions were incredibly stable. It was great.

Now it's just condoms...

Marlboro woman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I use Marvelon, (it probably trades as something else in the USA) and I've been on it for about ten years now. My doctor says that I need to come off it and find something else, because it's not recommended for women who smoke to take it for more than a few years, although I am settled with my boyfriend now and we will probably consider children before too long - in which case I will definitely need to quit smoking.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
That's very refreshing thinking, Marlboro woman, about quitting for having kids. :)

It seems everyone is giving a different answer. My girlfriend is actually afraid of trying any of them because of the side effects. I'm a bit afraid to change anything myself with her because we're so good together as is and my ex had severe emotional side-effects with it, although she has about a four day flow and then cramping on the second week between flows.

Did you all go through quite a few before finding a good one or does a good doctor kind of "know" what to prescribe to a given woman? Thanks.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I couldn't go without my cigarette break at work. Sorry for using LPSG to publicly air my dilemma about giving up smoking :frown1:

They don't make them addictive for nothing. Good luck with giving it up. :smile:

I know there's a joke about using a big penis instead of a cigarette whenever you're craving a smoke somewhere in there, but it's too late for me to come up with it. Ah well. :wink:

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Guy-jin said:
Did you all go through quite a few before finding a good one or does a good doctor kind of "know" what to prescribe to a given woman? Thanks.

I wish. :biggrin1: