Birthday Present for 4 Year Old?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by lwd, May 13, 2009.

1. lwd

lwd New Member

My cute niece is turning 4. I only see her a few times a year. Any suggestions on what to buy her?

Thanks.

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

One of these.

4 year olds love taking photos. Any robust digital camera will do but those ones are good quality and have loads of storage (200+ images) and, if her parents are at all techie, the software that comes with it can be fun.

It does require the parents have a PC to print / save the photos - I'm guessing they do.

3. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

You can buy almost anything for a 4 year old and they'll like it. Ask her parents what sort of TV shows she watches, or what cartoon characters she's into. Then buy -anything- that relates to that TV show/cartoon, and you're golden. :tongue:

4. DGirl

Gold Member

A VISA gift card!!! You can get a 25$ one. Or if your a high roller, 50$....."

Easy as pie..."

Oh and send it with a really cute birthday card that you sign.
    She can then get what SHE wants...."

5. lwd

lwd New Member

Okay, thanks, ladies. Do people consider gift cards uncreative and the easy way out? My parents always send me (individually) gift cards. On the one hand, I appreciate not getting a "gift" that would suck. On the other hand, it seems to me that the process is pretty mechanical and not much thought has been put towards their purchases.

Opinions?

6. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I agree with you, on both things. :tongue: Don't get a 4 year old a gift card.

7. greatdickismydrug

greatdickismydrug New Member

NO GIFT CARD! the four yr old will not appreciate it and the parents will hate you when they end up at Toys R Us spending twice as much as the card is worth! LOL

Kids at this age still love opening the present just as much as the present itself.

Wander into any SuperStore and head towards the toy section. There will probably be plenty of moms there to advise you. If not, anything involving a pony, dog, kitty, or, princess will do. Look at the age range on the package that will help too.

Make sure it's wrapped nice and she will love it.

8. Principessa

Gold Member

Anything with a Disney Princess on it or Dora the Explorer. :smile:

NO! Gift cards are totally inappropriate for a child that young.

Yes, we do especially for children, where it's woefully hard to mess up a kid gift. :rolleyes: :duh: Ask your sister what size she wears and who her fave Disney Princess is. Then get her one of those Disney Princess dress up outfits, they usually come with tiara, shoes, and plastic jewelry.

You're an adult and probably don't live near them. They have no idea what your wants, needs, likes, or dislikes are anymore. So, for you a gift card makes sense.

9. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Agreed, no gift cards. Go with Dora or Disney Princess, or Barbie, you can't go wrong with that. Littlist Pet Shop works as well.

10. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Given current economic projections: Mutual Funds.

Draft saved Draft deleted