Birthday Present for Nephew?

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My nephew is turning 1 and he is absolutely adorable! What would you recommend as a gift for the little cherub?

Thanks.

D

deleted3782

A savings bond. Its one thing he will appreciate later in life.

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
invisble, thanks....will take a look at those links...

exwhy, thanks....my dad, the boring chemist, is getting him the savings bond

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
invisble, thanks....will take a look at those links...

exwhy, thanks....my dad, the boring chemist, is getting him the savings bond

How about a gold coin? He won't be able to remember anything until the age of 2 or 3. If you want something fun, maybe a little astronomical projector so he can watch the stars moving around the ceiling as he falls to sleep. He'd enjoy moving shapes & colors at his age, and the stars themselves later on.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How about a "book" of fables?
You know the huge good night reads so he can grow up loving to read?
My momma used to always have books in the house and we would go on the weekends to the ol Public Library and we would sit with other kids and get read to.
I still remember that to this day. I love books.
:smile:
http://www.umass.edu/aesop/fables.php

Last edited:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My nephew is turning 1 and he is absolutely adorable! What would you recommend as a gift for the little cherub?

This Barney Move & Groove Dance Mat thing. My mom got it for my cousins first Christmas (he was 11 mos.) He used it constantly until he was about 4 or so. Barney will fall over if hugged too much, so be prepared to blow him up a few times a week. :smile:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
You do know that regardless what you buy the little guy the toy will be overlooked in favour of playing with the box and wrapping paper.

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Anything recommended for toddlers and not made in China. Then I'm sure the parents would also appreciate clothes and a case or two of diapers etc...

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you like his parents, a cuddly toy. If you don't like them, a tin drum! :biggrin1:

Or, seing as he's probably not going to realize it's from you or remember it later, something for him later in life? I have a silver mug with my name engraved on it, given to me when I was a baby by an "uncle" I don't remember, or wouldn't otherwise have heard of.

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
You do know that regardless what you buy the little guy the toy will be overlooked in favour of playing with the box and wrapping paper.

QFT!

Get the little guy an empty cardboard box. If you get a large one, turn it into a fort or house - he won't play with anything else!

lwd

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
QFT!

Get the little guy an empty cardboard box. If you get a large one, turn it into a fort or house - he won't play with anything else!

Truth be told, I am leaning toward tha fleshlight suggestion....not sure if he's hung or not...baby fleshlight, anyone :) ?

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Tiffany's has a really cool sterling silver fork and spoon set for little children. You could also get your nephew a monogrammed sterling cup. I have mine from when I was a little boy, it's a really cool piece of memorabilia from when I was small.

Another dining related gift is the Wedgewood Peter Rabbit china for children. I have my set up in my china cabinet.

nitzaski

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I would suggest something that your nephew will treasure later in life - I still have silver spoon and fork and teddy bears that were bought when i was a toddler and i still love them all and would never part with them

(blimey - i do sound a bit soft! :biggrin1:)