Bisexual/Hetrosexual... Your definitions

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok, Im struggling to find a line between Bisexual and Hetrosexual. So what are you definitions of each?

When does Bisexual become bisexual? When does a hetrosexual no longer become hetro?

Thank you, Al.

tele

Just Browsing
Media
definitions are contextual. they are constantly changing and different from person to person, so I say forget about them. sexuality is not a disease that needs a diagnosis.

alx

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know what you are saying, this is why im finding it hard to define the two, hence why im asking people that do actually categorise the two.

GogMegog

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
definitions are contextual. they are constantly changing and different from person to person, so I say forget about them. sexuality is not a disease that needs a diagnosis.

Lols. BTW, its really become some psychological that when a person become bi and when hetro.
With passage of time and sexual relations, we go ahead to find out more and more. It happens rarely that someone keep the lines going parallel to the mindset and check that whats happening in the inner self.

Gecko4lif

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Heterosexual = Enjoys sex with the opposite gender
Bi-sexual = enjoys sex with both genders

I considering sucking dick and eating pussy sex.

If your just flirt or kissing you are on the realm of curious rather than full blown

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Defining these terms is meaningless, especially since it's going to be a different definition for everyone.

I consider myself heterosexual but just a little queer. I've dated and slept with a few women ages ago but I don't think that I should use the term bisexual to describe myself because I haven't dated a woman in so long. I am obviously primarily heterosexual. I suspect others would disagree with me and say that I'm bisexual. Either way, I don't care. Neither offends me or changes me.

Rodin2008

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If u had a experience with the same sex once or twice hetro with a little curiosity, if more than twice but also having sex with the opposite sex you are bi, but if your only having sex with same you are gay. Simple!

BiMaleHungWV

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Robin, sorry your definitions don't work for me. For me Bisexuality is more about attraction and identity and less about experience. I am married to a gay man and have only had sex with women twice and a pre-op transsexual once. However, I fully identify as Bisexual as I am still attracted to men and women.

Biresource.org
"The BRC uses bisexual as an umbrella term for people who recognize and honor their potential for sexual and emotional attraction to more than one gender (pansexual, fluid, omnisexual, queer, and all other free-identifiers). We celebrate and affirm the diversity of identity and expression regardless of labels"

Bisexual Resource Center - What is Bisexuality? is a whole article that discusses Bisexuality.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Robin, sorry your definitions don't work for me. For me Bisexuality is more about attraction and identity and less about experience. I am married to a gay man and have only had sex with women twice and a pre-op transsexual once. However, I fully identify as Bisexual as I am still attracted to men and women.

Biresource.org
"The BRC uses bisexual as an umbrella term for people who recognize and honor their potential for sexual and emotional attraction to more than one gender (pansexual, fluid, omnisexual, queer, and all other free-identifiers). We celebrate and affirm the diversity of identity and expression regardless of labels"

Bisexual Resource Center - What is Bisexuality? is a whole article that discusses Bisexuality.

See, I knew that someone would say that, but I feel like a fake calling myself bisexual on a website like this.

Most of the other people here on LPSG who call themselves bisexual actively engage in sex with people of both sexes.

Rodin2008

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
But u don't have need to continue having sexual intercourse with a woman. Your only having intercourse with a man. How does that make you bi? Just because u have or had an attraction to a female or past sexual experience. Sorry but I find that if u are what you practice. Nothing wrong with that.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with petite. I wouldn't feel fair saying that I'm bisexual. Do I find women attractive. Yes. Would I have sex with a woman, maybe. But I've never had sex with a woman. The only thing I've done with one is kiss and that was along time ago, nothing below clothes. I would say I'm bi-curious. But I still think I would pick a man over a woman.

BiMaleHungWV

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Again activity does not equal identity. Yes my sexual activity has been and mostly continues to be almost exclusively homosexual. However, I am still attracted to some women and could potentially have sex with women. My original post listed a good article to get more understanding of bisexuality, go to Bisexual Resource Center - What is Bisexuality?. The key thing is respectiving that different people define bisexuality difently and that is ok. For me it is a self identity thing. I will always be bisexual because I can and do look at both genders in a sexual way. I just don't have sex with everyone I find sexually attractive. Those of you that identify as exclusively heterosexual men , do you have sex with ever women you see that turns you on?

dong-in-khakis

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Different people define sexuality different ways, but it's so simple.

Heterosexual, which of course is what is referred to as straight is this: 100 percent straight, no deviation at all, no attraction sexually or erotically to a member of the same sex.

Bisexual is when a person is truly sexually attracted to both sexes. Bisexuality occurs in different degrees I believe, like you see "50/50", etc.

Homosexuality or gay is 100 percent attraction sexually or erotically toward the same sex.

All else is bull.

Have a good one..!

NY4Curious

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Firstly I think all human being are sexual above all else. The urge to reach sexual climax is second only to the urge to eat.
I think a person who primarily has sex with members of the opposite sex and occassionally has been known to have sex with members of the same sex is straight.
I think a person who frequently has sex with both members of the opposite sex and the same sex is bisexual.
How often is frequent, I think that depends on the individual. Some people really enjoy sexual experiences and actively work at having it as often as possible both alone and with others. Certainly their ratio would be much higher than a person who is satisfied with having a sexual experience, alone or with others, once a week.
Rules don't apply to human behavior, as such. Other factors enter the situation, a person raised with anti sexual religious actitudes may have difficulty accepting the terms bisexual or homosexual and may refer to himself as straight even though he rarely has intercourse with a member of the opposite sex.
On the other hand a person who is cultivating an image of a worldly wise sophisticate, and I've met far more of these than the former, may refer to himself as bisexual even though he rarely if ever has sexual relations with members of the same sex.
That's just how the human animal behaves. Only complex answers to simple questions. Don't worry about how others define you, just get off as often as you can alone or with others.
Who the others are, as long as you find them sexually appealing, you should enjoy the encounter.

Silvertip

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Unsure
For me Miss Petite already said it better than i could, so I'll just offer my own quick definitions:

Bisexual = An unnecessary and undesirable definition that is needed only by the insecure to label others.

Heterosexual = An unnecessary and undesirable definition that is needed only by the insecure to label others.