Bisexuality and you...well me..but you too

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have no issue with people being bisexual. ON a personal level, I have been leery of getting romantically involved with bisexual men (and I have had a couple of opportunities) because of fearing that I would get attached and then he would take the "easy way out" and return to women. That probably was unfair but I think I'd make the same decision today.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

MH07

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
here is my experience with bisexuals:

they want the freedom to have sex with a man but the security (and social acceptance) of settling down with a woman. before you get all bent out of shape, answer this question--when was the last time you heard of a "bisexual" man sneaking out on his boyfriend to have sex with a woman? never.

my work here is done.

blm

Incorrect. The gay world is replete with stories (including mine) of gay guys with bisexual lovers "sneaking out" of the gay relationship to have sex with women.

MH07

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just a little problem I've been coming across for a while now.

Recently I've started to let everyone know that i'm bi because basically I don't care anymore. People can't seem to grasp how I feel in general and it kind of bugs me. Like, people will say "Well being bi is just a road stop to gay town" or "Do you prefer men or women more? Honestly, for me it's not about the sex. It's basically my capacity to love a man or a woman equally. I don't care if they have a penis or a vag, if I'm attracted to them i'll go for it without question. It just kind of bugs me how some people who i'm close to will actually say this to me and they can't really grasp the concept. I've also said that it lowers my chances of not having a date on friday night? (so far that idea has failed me miserably:p)

How about anyone else? Anyone else feel this way or am I just one whacked out kind of guy? Thoughts/comments appreciated!

ps..if if the typing on this is horrible I apologize. I tore a ligament in my wrist today so I'm trying to type with one hand:p

Personally, I think labels are ridiculous. I agree with the other posters who say everybody is somewhere in-between; some more "gay" and some more "straight", but everybody's in the middle.

Just reject the labels and be who you are, and to hell with what anybody else says or thinks.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I agree with this but I also think in my case bisexuallty was a necessary stepping stone for me to come to grips with my homosexuality. I was probably not bisexual but in my mind it made sense because I was having sex with both female and male. But maybe I was just trying to gain acceptance??? Who knows it was a wierd time...
Maybe...but in the future, it seems it would be easier for bisexuals if homosexuals came to terms sooner, heheh.

Though ideally everyone should be accepted for who they are, we all know that isn't always the case.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
You don't hear about it because it's a one way street.
Wow! I'm stunned to see you in this thread, and expressing that opinion on top of it. :rolleyes:

I also have an odd friend that went from being "bi", to being straight. He's now happily married with two lovely kids. No straying, no checking out men, he's just completely happy with his wife. I asked him if he misses any of the past, and he said that he really doesn't, that it seems like a different lifetime. He doesn't regret the past, but he just couldn't see that interest ever coming back, especially since this life is so much more fulfilling to him than how he was before.

D_Adoniah Sheervolume

Account Disabled
Media
i dated a bisexual; in fact, he's the only person i've ever said "i love you" to in the romantic sense. people would ask if i wasn't afraid he'd leave for a woman. my response: what difference does it make if he leaves for a man or a worman, he LEAVES. all one can do is offer oneself, as one is at this point in the journey. if it's not enough for another, so be it.

this also applies to the OP. be true to yourself, don't misrepresent, and eventually you'll meet wonderful people who will appreciate you for you.

signed, a fag who wouldn't mind being with a woman again (preferably with another hot man in the bed too--wink).

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dont really know why some people have a problem with bisexuals, so, we love and have sex with both men and women, whats the problem? Gay ppl get alot of flak just for who they sleep with, bisexual ppl get the same flak from the the gay community, whats up with that crap???

D_Adoniah Sheervolume

Account Disabled
Media
I dont really know why some people have a problem with bisexuals, so, we love and have sex with both men and women, whats the problem? Gay ppl get alot of flak just for who they sleep with, bisexual ppl get the same flak from the the gay community, whats up with that crap???

i think it's an "us (gay) against them (straights)" attitude. i understand, but definitely don't agree, with it!

just 'cause folks are gay, doesn't mean they can't be prejudiced or bigoted. and they, like anyone else, have the chance to be swayed from those unfortunate beliefs by thoughtful discourse like that displayed here.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

The reason bi people get flack is:

1. Some people believe they are really not bi, and are gays who want to somehow stay connected to the straight world. Straights feel threatened by it, and gays feel betrayed by it.
2. Another theory is that their sexuality has not fully developed and they're somewhat confused about what they really want.
3. When the AIDS crisis first started it was mostly confined to gay men and intravenous drug users. It was believed at the time it would stay like that, but then married women started getting it from their bisexual husbands who were fooling around with other men. That part of it is happening all over again in the black community, but those men on the "down low" don't even consider themselves gay or bi. They have sex with men, often unprotected, and sadly black women now have an increase in HIV.

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

well speaking as a gay person I think I can say somethng about this and actually have an inkling of what I'm talking about :rolleyes:

uber-pc gay political activists basically don't believe bisexuality exists and they believe it is their mission in life to save you and rescue you and drag you screaming out of the closet by constantly haranguing you with their crusading zeal.

gay guys also get flak from them. I cant tell you how many times I've been accused of being in the closet simply because I dont feel like parading around flaunting my sexuality under everyone's nose (mainly out of respect for others but also due to the need for self-protection (i have let down my guard here at lpsg a bit which was maybe not a wonderful idea))

of course it goes without saying that other non-gay uber-pc political activists also don't believe bisexuality exists and they believe that is their mission in life to ... (see above)

personally imHo I think everyone is bisexual but half of all people are not even consciously aware of it

in a perfect world I would call myself bisexual too, but there are some people who think they control language and also think they are the judge of others who might get their knickrs in a knot about that because I've never actually had sex with a woman although I could and I would under the right circumstances. I mean it wud depend on the woman and when and where and why and its not just about sex.

But yeah most peeps would give me flak for daring to call myself bi, so I normally dont bother and so I end up having to make even more compromises just to try to get along in this inadequate imperfect world ... :smile:

BigLittleMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
my comments may have upset a few people here and i understand that. my point is from my point of view only. that's why i started with the statement of it being my experience.

i have no problem with bisexuals. fuck who you want. what i don't understand is why the bi's i've had contact with get upset because i choose not to get involved with them. if it's about acceptance...

blm

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
well speaking as a gay person I think I can say somethng about this and actually have an inkling of what I'm talking about :rolleyes:

uber-pc gay political activists basically don't believe bisexuality exists and they believe it is their mission in life to save you and rescue you and drag you screaming out of the closet by constantly haranguing you with their crusading zeal.

gay guys also get flak from them. I cant tell you how many times I've been accused of being in the closet simply because I dont feel like parading around flaunting my sexuality under everyone's nose (mainly out of respect for others but also due to the need for self-protection (i have let down my guard here at lpsg a bit which was maybe not a wonderful idea))

of course it goes without saying that other non-gay uber-pc political activists also don't believe bisexuality exists and they believe that is their mission in life to ... (see above)

personally imHo I think everyone is bisexual but half of all people are not even consciously aware of it

in a perfect world I would call myself bisexual too, but there are some people who think they control language and also think they are the judge of others who might get their knickrs in a knot about that because I've never actually had sex with a woman although I could and I would under the right circumstances. I mean it wud depend on the woman and when and where and why and its not just about sex.

But yeah most peeps would give me flak for daring to call myself bi, so I normally dont bother and so I end up having to make even more compromises just to try to get along in this inadequate imperfect world ... :smile:

you say your bi and you've never slept with a woman?

sbeBen

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
you say your bi and you've never slept with a woman?
Exactly Monster, that is the point he is making! Otherwise I am 100% straight as I have never slept with a man! It is about what is in your head and heart:wink: