Bisexuality -- easier for women than men?

D_Jerry_Atric

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Finally....this subject has come up on LPSG. I'll say this is a right interesting topic. I guess I'm bisexual. I tend to think of bisexual as more of a 50/50 thing. The way I describe myself is my sexual preference is heterosexual but my sexual orientation is bisexual.

Anyway....I feel that yes, it is harder for men to admit bisexuality than women. I'd go into reasons, but I'd only be re-hashing what others have already said in this thread.

What I'm wondering about is for all the bi men......do you have problems mentioning your sexuality to girlfriends? I feel that because there is a higher chance of catching an STI in gay male sex than lesbian sex....I'm afraid that if I tell a girl I'm bisexual, she'll be less inclined to sleep with me because she'll think I'm carrying some nasty disease.

Actually statistically you are more likely to catch an STI from a woman than from a man.

Look at the numbers for HIV, more heterosexual people have it than male homosexuals and male bisexuals.

Also bisexuals and homosexuals are more likely to use safer sex and get tested for HIV and other STIs than heterosexuals do.

Also herpes is spread around A LOT by women having sex with each other.

I'm totally out about my sexuality. I do not lie or stay in the closet to family, friends, or people who I want to date, have a relationship, or sleep with. I've never had someone refuse me because of it either.

Last edited:

MagicJohnsonFan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I dont believe that straight men take bisexual women seriously. That is why they accept it more. "Its a phase thing that they did in college." My guess is that bisexual to them means girl on girl action recreationally. Picture all the "girls gone wild" mentality. And the fantasy of having a 3-way dominates the logic. But not a serious one on one long term relationship. That would make them a dyke. And the hypocrites then will preach how that is wrong.

Interesting that you would say that...In the (very few) relationships I've had with men who couldn't deal with my bisexuality, the guys did indeed either think it was phase or now that I had them I wouldn't need/want to be with girls any more. Maybe it's just the people I choose to hang out with, but I've been extremely fortunate in that almost all the guys I've dated and every one of my friends (and family who know) have been supportive and understanding - to the extent that they're able.

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
Finally....this subject has come up on LPSG. I'll say this is a right interesting topic. I guess I'm bisexual. I tend to think of bisexual as more of a 50/50 thing. The way I describe myself is my sexual preference is heterosexual but my sexual orientation is bisexual.

Anyway....I feel that yes, it is harder for men to admit bisexuality than women. I'd go into reasons, but I'd only be re-hashing what others have already said in this thread.

What I'm wondering about is for all the bi men......do you have problems mentioning your sexuality to girlfriends? I feel that because there is a higher chance of catching an STI in gay male sex than lesbian sex....I'm afraid that if I tell a girl I'm bisexual, she'll be less inclined to sleep with me because she'll think I'm carrying some nasty disease.

exactly man.

i am straight in my opnion. i do not LUST towards other men but i can say with out issues that one man is better looking than another. i do not want a penis in me in any way but i do like seeing them and admire a pretty or large one. i have no fantasys of being with a man 1 on 1 in a sexual setting but i really enjoy MFM's or bigger group settings i am not ATTRACTED to a at all and deffently not because he had an 11 inch penis, but i WOULD like to touch it just to feel the reality of it just like some one would want to touch a famous sculpture of cool prop from a movie...... in other words i am very comfortable and secure in my sexuality. but i would never have said any of that save the first line ANYWHERE but here or the bed room

because!!! i don't wanna be called faggot and harassed or put in a position where i have to do 10 years just for defending myself, unless its your sister, no guy (save a FEW gems) would care if a girl he knew fooled around once or twice with one of her friends

bigbiboy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think if more guys just admitted they are bisexual and stopped hiding it from the world male bisexuality would soon become as acceptable as female bisexuality. The fact that so few men admit to having sexual feelings for other men just enforces the taboo surrounding the whole subject. I don't broadcast it to everyone I meet but I am very open about being bisexual to my friends and family and have met with very little bigotry. The sooner the guys get it all out in the open the sooner we can all enjoy fucking the hell out of each other, guilt free and no stupid social stigma attached.

And for any guys worrying about trying the bisexual life, my advice is go for it. Sex with another man is just as rewarding (and often more so) than sex with a woman. It will open up a whole new world of sexual pleasures and turn ons. And to hell what others think, because if it feels this good it's worth it.

D

deleted356736

The most recent comprehensive statistics I saw on sexuality, updated on Kinsey's flawed research, saw around 3% of men and 3% of women as exclusively homosexual, and an additional 6% of men as bisexual or potentially bisexual and around 40% of women as bisexual or potentially bisexual. It was a big difference, and there were various hypothesis raised: from social acceptability to the attractiveness of the female form to an evolutionary slant from our distant past when men hunted in small groups and women waited at the settlement in larger groups together.