Bisexuality! I am Visible

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by kjguy, Dec 9, 2011.

1. kjguy

kjguy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    [​IMG]

I have fully come to terms with myself! I am more than willing to make my bisexuality known! I'm actually quite proud now, and have become somewhat of a bisexual activist. Not hardcore or anything, but adamant about letting my voice be heard and talk about my experiences. I enjoy my sexuality now. As confusing as it was growing up; so much uncertainty and fears, and not feeling like I had a place to belong, it's comforting to feel like I have an identity now! I'm so ready to bi pride it up!

2. D_CountVonBhigBohner

D_CountVonBhigBohner Account Disabled

Good for you Kj....welcome to the world of bisexuality.

3. D_Terry_Tugnuts

D_Terry_Tugnuts Account Disabled

Well done and good luck! My wife has been happily bi for years and her positive attitude helped me to come to terms with my bisexuality. We're both proudly bi and make no secret of the fact. Still prejudice around, sadly, even in the swinging world where you'd expect people to be more accepting.

4. bijockfl

Gold Member

Albums:

Awesome guy I am with you and i wish i was literally beautiful body, cock and ass

5. actioncfc

actioncfc Active Member

Albums:
    Great body btw!

6. B_beltboy

B_beltboy New Member

Not so bad, yourself, dude...;)

7. Wyldwill420

Wyldwill420 Member

Albums:
    I fully Agree and hope to be openly bi someday...

8. Countryguy63

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Feels awesome to not only accept it, but feel proud about it. :biggrin1:

Congrats :smile:

9. sexplease

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm happy when you're happy. Now, if you ever find yourself in California, you're more than welcome to get your sexy Bi-ness on me.
    :)

10. badger2395

badger2395 Member

Congratulations! You sound like you've had to deal with some significant challenges in the past, and gotten through them. As a bi guy myself, I was much much happier once I accepted my bisexuality. Have fun!

11. DevonTexas

DevonTexas Well-Known Member

Albums:
    That's awesome. I'm still kind of hiding in mine. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

12. EagleCowboy

EagleCowboy Well-Known Member

Albums:

AWESOME!! :biggrin1:
    Another out and proud bisexual activist like myself!! Feels pretty good, doesn't it?

13. Wyldwill420

Wyldwill420 Member

Albums:
    Anyone in San Diego ? maybe we can share in this and spread the word, so to speak..?

14. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    Welcome to the club!:smile:

15. NYHoti

NYHoti Member

Albums:
    Way to go kjguy. I am just trying to come to that point. I always hid it from women but now I want to be upfront about it with them. You have any tips for approaching the subject with new female friends? I usually get the "I am speachless" and I need a a couple of days to let it sink in. But I am always nervious about bringing it up. But I want to be honest with them.

16. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

It's so cool you've come to this clarity in your life. I wish you all the best.

17. kjguy

kjguy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    From my experiences, straight women really don't like bi guys, and it can be a challenge to balance your want to tell them and how you'd expect them to react. For me, I will have to tell any prospects I could see a relationship with. I don't think you necessarily have to bring it up on the first date though. Give them time to figure out who you are a person, as a potential lover. Let them get a feel for you without the "oh, god he's bisexual" thoughts kicking in. I would tell them early, yes, but don't let it stop you from sharing more about yourself besides...

18. kjguy

kjguy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    And thank you everybody for the support! If anyone is interested in following my tumblr blog, where I often post many funny and enlightening things about bisexuality in news, media and otherwise, send me a message. I'll give you the link! I recently posted a parody of Queen's Bicycle song, called Bisexual instead! It makes my day!!

19. bigbull29

Gold Member

Albums:
    Being bisexual doesn't necessarily mean you're confused; it may be the opposite: you know yourself better than most gays or straights.

Accepting male bisexuality (less so for female bisexuality as lesbian sex is not as degrading or demeaning to femininity) is very hard for society because it undoes the two neat compartments we have for men: straight men and gay. Anything in the middle or less than 100% cannot be conceived as it turns our notion of masculinity on its head. Still today, a man is either normal and A (heterosexual majoritiy), or abnormal and B (homosexual minority). If he is somehow AB and bisexual, our notions of true manhood are shattered. So we must uphold our current understanding of correct male sexuality and deny its very existence.

Very interestingly, I just read an article in a major newspaper where scientists were essentially saying that "real" male bisexuality does not seem to exist, but that female bisexuality does, provided the woman is not predominantly a lesbian. I've also seen so many studies that contradict this (I don't need any studies to know that many men are bisexual). This conclusion is utterly delusional, and it just goes to show you how much science and culture can be joined at the hip.

#19 bigbull29, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  20. kjguy

kjguy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Exactly, thank you! And yeah, the studies talked about most, are the ones done by Northwestern. Their first study showed that male bisexuality in fact did NOT exist, of course the way proceeded with things was flawed. Earlier this year, they conducted another study, this time with evidence that male bisexuality does exist! The fact, that we even had to conduct studies on this in the first place is ridiculous....

Draft saved Draft deleted