Bisexuality: Is anyone really 50/50?

D_ewjjde

Just Browsing
Media
A lot of times, it seems people who claim to be bisexual or claim sexual interest in both sexes to at least some extent, seem to base it on an experience or two they had at some point earlier in their life.

Is there anyone who is legitimately 50/50 bi? What I mean is, when you go out for a night, you don't really care who you end up flirting with or potentially going home with. Or do you go through stages in which you are into the opposite sex, then get the yearning for the same sex and alternate back and forth? Or can your sexual appetite be satisfied by either gender at any time?

for me, it goes back and forth... i flirt with just about anyone. i "get the yearning for the same sex and alternate back and forth". evryone should enjoy a good cock every now and then, not just women. :)

takethecurve

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Wilmington (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I had friends who were legit 50/50...and at one point in my life I was pretty close to that. Since I came out, I've also still had the desire to be with girls and have. Very few people (about 10% in each category) are 100% straight or 100% gay...but also very few people are 100% 50/50. Most people tend to lean one way or the other.

The Kinsey study is really interesting on that topic.

D_ewjjde

Just Browsing
Media
what does legitimately mean? i think if you are wired that way, something will spark your interest and that will propel you toward one partner or another. i don't think it is a "whichever" proposition.

I just meant rather than a person saying something along the lines of "Well, a couple times when we were drunk, a buddy of mine gave me head" or "I hooked up with a couple of girls before I came out" they legitimately enjoy being with both genders an equal amount.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I consider myself bisexual and the last part of the way you described it is pretty accurate. I'm attracted to both sexes (i.e I can see the beauty in both) and I like to have sex with both sexes. It really could be any guy or girl, potentially anywhere or anytime if the attraction was there. I really don't 'go back and forth' between who I 'want' to be attracted to.

I'm sure someone will disagree with me on this next statement, but I think that being completely heterosexual is much more unnatural than being completely homesexual. Yes, I know that based on what society brainwashes into us that is a huge faux pas, but just because everyone believes a huge lie doesn't mean it's true.

My reasoning for this is that men have much more in common with men than they do with women (and vice versa) and contrary to popular belief men don't find other men 'disgusting' (and vice versa for women).

That said, I believe that most people are to some degree bisexual, not completely 'straight' or 'gay'. And if anything, being competely homosexual is much more plausible than being completely heterosexual.

Just my opinion, I'm sure not everyone will agree with me. :wink:

Last edited:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have never been 50-50. Rarely would I even say out loud anything suggesting I might be bisexual. Not because I want to deny it, but because sometimes it doesn't even feel true. I jokingly refer to myself as heteroflexible, which always feels like a more accurate way to describe my sexual preferences. I strongly prefer to be with men. But some women are just not to be resisted.

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I consider myself bisexual and the last part of the way you described it is pretty accurate. I'm attracted to both sexes (i.e I can see the beauty in both) and I like to have sex with both sexes. It really could be any guy or girl, potentially anywhere or anytime if the attraction was there. I really don't 'go back and forth' between who I 'want' to be attracted to.

I'm sure someone will disagree with me on this next statement, but I think that being completely heterosexual is much more unnatural than being completely homesexual. Yes, I know that based on what society brainwashes into us that is a huge faux pas, but just because everyone believes a huge lie doesn't mean it's true.

My reasoning for this is that men have much more in common with men than they do with women (and vice versa) and contrary to popular belief men don't find other men 'disgusting' (and vice versa).

That said, I believe that most people are to some degree bisexual, not completely 'straight' or 'gay'. And if anything, being competely homosexual is much more plausible than being completely heterosexual.

Just my opinion, I'm sure not everyone will agree with me. :wink:

I luv and adore you, and completely agree! :kiss:

pierceplace

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Sometimes I really think I am...
I like them as whole different worlds , not like my bisexual fantasy is being with a guy and a gal at the same time, but I do enjoy sex not looking gender... just big boobs or a nice ass.
BUT cock just gives you too many options you just gotta let your gay percent increase.

HungThickProf

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sometimes I really think I am...
I like them as whole different worlds , not like my bisexual fantasy is being with a guy and a gal at the same time, but I do enjoy sex not looking gender... just big boobs or a nice ass.
BUT cock just gives you too many options you just gotta let your gay percent increase.

Cock is fucking amazing. Pussy is nice too =) BUT COCK IS FUCKING AMAZING!

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I can't speak from any experience (there are many women I find very beautiful but I have zero sexual desire for females) but I have heard people who have had relationships with both their own gender and the opposite, say "I fall in love with the person, not the gender".....

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I believe there are people who truly do like both equally...

I used to work with a guy who openly flirted with/pursued both female & male coworkers...he even hit on me one day.

I also have a female friend who is single & whenever there's a party or something, you never know if she's gonna show up with a male or female date. :smile:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
A lot of times, it seems people who claim to be bisexual or claim sexual interest in both sexes to at least some extent, seem to base it on an experience or two they had at some point earlier in their life.

Is there anyone who is legitimately 50/50 bi? What I mean is, when you go out for a night, you don't really care who you end up flirting with or potentially going home with. Or do you go through stages in which you are into the opposite sex, then get the yearning for the same sex and alternate back and forth? Or can your sexual appetite be satisfied by either gender at any time?

It took me a while to be able to answer this, because it offended me somehow to imply that it was impossible for me to be for real.

And my sexual appetite cannot be satisfied by either gender at any time. The time and situation dictate who is best able to satisfy, as there are times when beef stew is what you need and others when apple pie is the thing, and still others when nothing but fresh salad or a beverage are apropos. What am I, a sex device with an on/off switch? I am not. I am an aesthete.

secondbest69

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
its funny i have stra8 friends and gay friends that really don't understand about me being bi they all think i feel more for one sex then the other... its just not true i can find something sexy in everyone remember being sexy isn't always how someone looks

latinluva

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yup I'm 50/50, I first thought I was gay, but pussy was just too good. I love both men and women. They both have something to offer that the other can't. It's two different experiences all together. It's like going out for Beef tacos one night and loving it, then you go out for fish tacos the next night and loving that too. At times you just feel so blessed to have both....if you wish.

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
Yup I'm 50/50, I first thought I was gay, but pussy was just too good. I love both men and women. They both have something to offer that the other can't. It's two different experiences all together. It's like going out for Beef tacos one night and loving it, then you go out for fish tacos the next night and loving that too. At times you just feel so blessed to have both....if you wish.

great post ... that's the same joy that I feel.

stormmaker

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
To me real bisexuality is not just someone who can have sex with a man or woman but someone who can have a relationship with in just sex. do any of you fit into the catagory? I'm gay and I could have sex with a woman but I could not have a relationship with one.

jameshawket

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I feel like for me, I identify with bisexuality, because I am sexually attracted to both men and women. I've never had sex, so I can't say which I like better, but I've been in two relationships, one really short lived one with a guy, and one slightly longer one with a woman. As far as the making out and cuddling, kissing, sexualized aspect, I really liked being with the guy. As for the emotional spending time, connecting, communication part, I liked better with the girl. I think I liked them both in equal but very different ways. But I think it's hard to say that you can 50/50, because that term is so subjective, and can be different for each person. You could be 50/50 for X girl and Y guy, but when it comes to Z guy, or Z girl, you might not be attracted to whatsoever. I don't know if that made any sense, but that's what I think.

v32bone

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
having lived my life predominantly straight but always very interested in cocks (nd less interested in men, lol), I've found as I've grown older that I spend equal amounts of time fantasizing about both. In real life, I seem to lately find a huge affinity and attraction from bi women. Quite possibly because I'm not the macho type though my outward appearances are "classically" straight, in a big, bearish sort of way (I know this is so full of contradiction that it makes it all the more ludicrous that I am attempting to define something so fluid and so very linguistically based). I am what I am and in every moment the percentages shift, the desire spins, and I thoroughly enjoy whatever and whomever is the object of my momentarily desire regardless of age, race, gender, definition. It's a nice liberating place to be. So why do I claim 70/30 status? Strictly experiential...so much more of my time has been spent spent on the hetero side of the equation during life as far as opportunity, experience and upbringing. But that's no reason to not want to make up for lost time, is it? ;)

lilpansycuckold

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
this is a question that is almost impossible to answer because MOST people are going to lie on a survey/questionaire in a study. i think most people who have been open enough to meet many different kinds of lifestyles would agree with the following 3 statements:

1. Heterosexual males are more likely to have some thoughts of attraction to the same sex but far less likely to act on them.
2. Homosexual males are least likely to have some thoughts of attraction to the opposite sex but are far more likely to act on them.
3. Females, due to their biological makeup, have the capability to most easily be 50/50. Females are not constrained to the "rules of the erection".

I am an extremely submissive, bottom-only, very femininely and small built male. So from my experience, I can say that i get approached and flirted by males from both orientations. I also cross-dress in a pretty passable way and have found that males who would categorize themselves as "almost" 100% heterosexual are HIGHLY attracted to me when I dress up and males that categorize themselves as any level of homosexual are not attracted to me at all. So there might be something to say about opposites attract in the male population.