Bisexuality: Is anyone really 50/50?

arthur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm gonna leave this one to my dear 'friend' Carrie Bradshaw...who said;

"You know I'm not even sure bi-sexuality exists? I think it's just a layover on the way to gay town."

SATC Season 3, Episode 4: "Boy, Girl, Boy, Girl..."

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

"You know I'm not even sure bi-sexuality exists? I think it's just a layover on the way to gay town."

A moronic quote, from a moronic character, from a moronic show... :rolleyes:

EagleCowboy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm a true 50/50 bi in every sense.
Men offer us that which women cannot, and women offer that which men cannot.
We can also invest ourselves 100% into any relationship just like anyone else.
For me, I would LOVE to have another relationship with another bi male and str8 female!

There are different degrees of heterosexuality, homosexuality, and bisexuality.
How many different degrees are in hetero, I don't know. How many are in homosexuality I don't know but can probably guess.
I DO know that here are 13 different degrees of bisexuality. And yes, it is far more common than most people think. Most bisexuals prefer a bit of anonymity, and since they are capable of blending in on both sides, they never feel a "need" to "come out".

For those that insist that bisexuals are really "gay men needing to come out", my response is that they need to get their head out of their ass and realize they are dumber than a box of rocks!

To me real bisexuality is not just someone who can have sex with a man or woman but someone who can have a relationship with in just sex. do any of you fit into the catagory? I'm gay and I could have sex with a woman but I could not have a relationship with one.
Easily.

its funny i have stra8 friends and gay friends that really don't understand about me being bi they all think i feel more for one sex then the other... its just not true i can find something sexy in everyone remember being sexy isn't always how someone looks
You ain't alone there! I get that a lot, too. It just perplexes me that they can't get that I like it all equally!

Is there anyone who is legitimately 50/50 bi? What I mean is, when you go out for a night, you don't really care who you end up flirting with or potentially going home with. Or do you go through stages in which you are into the opposite sex, then get the yearning for the same sex and alternate back and forth? Or can your sexual appetite be satisfied by either gender at any time?
Yes, but there's more to it than that.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
To me I'm attracted to the person..not their gender.

I'm attracted to their own uniqueness, their sensuality, their face and body, their intellect, their quirks..all the things that makes them "them" regardless of their sex.

It's something about them "individually" that speaks deeply to my inner aesthetic and triggers my desire for them.

That's the best way I can describe it at the moment.

laxplayer

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Originally, I was going to leave this post alone because it is not only completely uninformed but totally rude. After your response below, I now just think you're a bigot.

Please enlighten me: why do you find it so unbelievable that bisexual people should exist? I mean, hell, hardly 30 years ago homosexuality was viewed as a curable disease. Why can't we cure you of your homosexuality? Granted, I know this is an argument reductio ad absurdum but seriously man, if we know there is a gay person and we know there is a straight person, why is it so unfathomable that there should be some sort of crossover?

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm much the same as Dragonfly...

Different things attract me to the different sexes, but the only thing that makes me more likely to be attracted to one over the other is the individuals in the room at any given time.

I'm attracted to men based on their intellect and sense of humour, I couldn't care less what they look like, or how much they have hanging between their legs.

I'm attracted to women based on their appearance and dominance (read that as the true sense of dominance - Intellect and attitude, not the moronic descriptions self-appointed dominant women give themselves in chat for example, where they curse like a sailor, belittle people for anything and everything, while showing how intellectually challenged they are via poor spelling and spouting complete nonsense about how intelligent they are all the while copy/pasting from some easily searchable source)

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think that bisexuality is interesting. I totally wished that I were bisexual. I wouldn't be stuck with trying to meet guys all the time. At least, I could have a relationship with a woman while on a lull with men. But it is tiring trying to keep a man's interest. It really is. Especially nowadays. People have broadband...cellphones...how does ANY ONE know that they have a stable relationship? (IT is like working at a job knowing that you could go to work and be fired. That is how it feels for me.)

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think that bisexuality is interesting. I totally wished that I were bisexual. I wouldn't be stuck with trying to meet guys all the time. At least, I could have a relationship with a woman while on a lull with men. But it is tiring trying to keep a man's interest. It really is. Especially nowadays. People have broadband...cellphones...how does ANY ONE know that they have a stable relationship? (IT is like working at a job knowing that you could go to work and be fired. That is how it feels for me.)

*HUGS*
I can tell you are still suffering after all these years you poor bastard!

*More Hugs*

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I wish I could figure that one out! I almost always feel out of place in both straight crowds and gay crowds, like I can't really identify with either, leading to a rather alienated and lonely existence. :frown1:

Most bisexuals prefer a bit of anonymity, and since they are capable of blending in on both sides, they never feel a "need" to "come out".

buzzrider7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I've been looking high and low, but no luck. Seems like there must be some kind of venue for bi people to gather in SF, but haven't been able to find anything. Any suggestions, Red?

Can't you find others like yourself, buzz?

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm not bi, but I've always thought that it was difficult to meet quality people in San Francisco. Work seems to offer some possibilities but, for me anyway, that's too risky.

I've been looking high and low, but no luck. Seems like there must be some kind of venue for bi people to gather in SF, but haven't been able to find anything. Any suggestions, Red?