Bisexuals Can't Be Faithful

Do you think that bisexuals can be in a committed relationship?

• Yes.

Votes: 83 82.2%
  • No.

Votes: 18 17.8%

• Total voters

DaMoose

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hello LPSG'ers, I have something I wanted to bring up...

11th grade I met my best friend, and we fooled around, I forget when. He, pretty much, is the one that made me question myself, I always knew I looked at guys, but I figured it was normal. When I introduced him to some one I surf with, he kind of kicked me to the curb because he didn't want his girlfriend to find out he took it in the ass.

In a few months I met this guy through my other best friend, and we dated for about a month, with no sex. He broke up with me because I didn't put out, and because (and I quote) "a bisexual can't remain faithful to his boyfriend, because he'll always want some pussy." This is a man, no a boy, who cheated on me within the second week, and broke up with me because I didn't put out.

Do y'all, the "homosexuals," the most discrimated group (I feel) believe that such an idiotic generalization is true? Please ignore my bias opinion. Oh, and anyone is free to answer of course! Gay/Straight/Bi/Female (<--lol)

MOOSE

Media
I haven't been in a relationship with a guy yet, but I really want to. I just got out of a 3 year relationship with a girl. I think this comes down to the individual and if he is a cheater or not. I don't see why bisexuals specifically would be more likely to cheat. Just because were attracted to a bigger pool of people? I don't speak for all bisexuals but I would never cheat on anyone, I was cheated on (By a straight girl) and know the pain it causes, I would never put anyone through that.

I'm not sure though what feelings I would have for a guy, if I would care for him and love the same way I have for my ex-gfs. I know I am extremely attracted to guys, more so than women, but I honestly don't know if I'm capable of love. Every guy I talk to about potentially going out knows this up front, because if it turns out I'm only sexually attracted to guys I don't want my first to feel used by me if I end it.

N2jocks

1st Like
Media
Hmm.....I think it depends on how you define cheating. To most people having sex with more than one partner at a time would be considered cheating. Now, seeing that bi-sexuals are attracted to both sexes, it seems to me if they are married to one person and both agree to a set of rules for their relationship, then they would not be cheating under the parameters of their definition. I feel that only bi-sexuals can understand other bi-sexuals. Gays and straights can not understand the need for sex with the opposite sex and feel threatened by it. I feel most straights want a one on one relationship. And I feel a lot of gays want a one on one relationship...but there are also a lot of gay guys that want a partner but want to be able to have sex with others as well...once again it boils down to how they define cheating and the parameters of their relationship. Make any sense to you?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I gotta get out more, I'd never heard that before.
In my experience straight men can't be faithful.:tongue:

njqt466

Nitrofiend

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My gf and I are both about the same amount straight and gay, and we have no problems being faithful to one another. Ultimately the argument that bisexuals can't be faithful because they MUST have other sexes is about as stupid as the argument that says straight and gay people can't be faithful because they must have other cock/pussy. It's a matter of personality and how happy you are with your partner to begin with. Bad people are bad people, gay, straight, bi, or whatever.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Personally, I don't see the difference. I had a gf once who was bi and expected me to be faithful for her but at the same time expected me to think it was okay for her to be as flirty as she wanted to be. She told me if I was bi then I would understand, which I thought was a load of crap. She also said that there were certain things a woman could offer than men could not, which of course is true, but no less true than the fact that there is no one woman out there who can offer a man everything that every other woman can offer, so this seemed like another remarkably stupid argument to me.

Anyway, to be in a committed relationship is a choice and has nothing to do with sexual orientation the way I see it. Bisexual people should have just as hard or just as easy a time pulling this off as anyone else.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If you're really in love with the person you will be definately monogamous.
YOU have to be motivated to be committed to the relationship.

Just thought I would toss out there that this seems remarkably naive to me, even though I know a lot of people think this way. At least the first sentence. The second is of course true.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
While it is nonsense to think that a bisexual can't be faithful, there is (in fact) some survey data out there that suggests they are far less likely to think that monogomy is the whole point of a relationship.

(You must remember that the main reason for insisting on monogomy historically is that it was the only way to be certain of the paternity of resulting children. That, of course, applies only to heterosexual "cheating," a point not lost on bisexuals. Doesn't matter how often you do someone of your own sex, or how many of them you do, it will not cause the slighest doubt about the paternity of any children you might have with an opposite sex partner.)

handcuffsfan4

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i personaly think that basing relationships on sex is wrong. all that sexual orientation means is which sex you want to have sex with not love. so it all depends on your perception of cheating. plus there are many more things that attract people to eachother like looks, smarts,... personality (ect.). so why would someone who is Bi cheat more than someone who is stright? but realy who bases their relationships on what people look like anyways?

hottxanboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I dunno...I'm gay and I've date 2 bi guys before and both have left me for women, and both times the reasoning was "I just want a more normal life." I'm actually "hanging out" with a bi-guy now and it feels like we are dating, (no sex yet either) but I'm scared to get to emotionally involved with him becuase I don't want to just be another "fling" or "experiment" for anoter bi dude.

it's hard to say.

blah69420

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well Hottxanboy, I think you just need to find a gay male if you are worried about him leaving you for some pussy. He is Bi after all wanting the best of both worlds.

Who ever said stated the idea of setting ground rules in a relationship is right. Its only cheating if one side has a advantage.

I guess its a touchy subject for some people.

Belly_Dancer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think that difficulties with commitment and/or fidelity occur with pretty much the same frequency, regardless of sexual orientation.

I find it interesting that the question presented in the poll for this thread is, "Do you think that bisexuals can be in a committed relationship?"

It doesn't say, "Do you think that bisexuals can be completely sexually faithful to one person?"

I could make some comments on the definitions of "committed" vs. "faithful," that they mean different things to different people, and that IMO, the two are not always tied completely together. But I don't want to hijack this thread completely.

The bottom line is, I think some people are more likely than others to "cheat" or go through serial breakups...always thinking things will be a bit better with the next person. And these people will have those tendencies whether they are straight, gay, bi, Christian, Jewish, Muslim (yes, it's true, I know for a fact), younger, older, male, female, or transgendered.

I think the ability to commit and/or to be faithful has a lot more to do with an individual's psychology, and the intensity of his or her sex drive, than it has to do with the orientation of his or her sex drive.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Being faithful is no different for bisexuals than it is for anyone else.

I do, however, feel that unless there is an agreement in place with their partner regarding the other sex that they will be sacrificing a part of themselves.

I know I wouldn't be happy in a relationship with a man who denied me the pleasure of giving him head. A bi male dating a woman would be faced with the same loss if hemmed in with strict monogamous rules. Is that part of them expected to just wither and die, forgotten?

I'm not open enough to share my mate with anyone else, if that's a failing in me, so be it. I also know that I wouldn't feel comfortable putting those kinds of restrictions on another persons pleasure. Because I can't reconcile these two things I have to confess that I would discriminate against getting involved with a bisexual man because I think one of us might suffer in the long run.

To all those who have had successful relationships either as or with a bisexual, you have my admiration. I'm not there yet.

To reiterate, I absolutely believe that bisexuals can remain monogamous, but I question if it is the healthiest thing for them to do so.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find it interesting that the question presented in the poll for this thread is, "Do you think that bisexuals can be in a committed relationship?"

It doesn't say, "Do you think that bisexuals can be completely sexually faithful to one person?"

The poll asks about a commited relationship, but the original post only asked about faithfulness.

I didn't even notice the poll 'til you mentioned it.