Bith dates

Katiecav_34D

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I wish people would put at least what year they were born when they are filling out their profiles. I prefer to talk to people aound my own age 17, I have to ask just about everyone how old they are.
Thanks
Katie

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
if someone hasn't filled out their birth date, they must have a good (or bad) reason for choosing not to do so - why bother withholding information like that unless you don't want people here to know your age? there's not necessarily anything sinister about that; some people just like their privacy, and prefer not to give out personal details online, so it's not reasonable to demand that they tell everyone how old they are. doubtless a few conceal their ages for rather more unsavory reasons, but I like to think that they are a small minority.

in either case, asking them nicely probably won't persuade them to change their minds.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Jul 26 2005, 05:46 PM
if someone hasn't filled out their birth date, they must have a good (or bad) reason for choosing not to do so

Not necessarily. Some people don't bother to fill out any of their profile information. If someone requests a link to some site that shows nudity and he can't be bothered to do something as simple as fill in the date of birth space on his profile, I really can't be bothered to direct him to naked pictures.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by smallman@Jul 26 2005, 07:13 PM
[post=331918]Quoted post[/post]​

That doesn't help. You are one of those posters with a largely blank profile. No one is going to search through every post you've made just so they can find this one thread where you've mentioned your age.

godiluvabig1

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't put my age because a lot of people judge me by it... I'm over 18, but I'm still young... Hell, I might go ahead and put my age... I'm 19, and I know it's no help to put it in this thread, DMW, so I'll add it to my profile for future reference...

Sheppard

Just Browsing
Media
Well it seems you have to put in a day, you can't just put in a year.

But I am tired of the asl? questions, so now I can say "read the bloody profile!"

coolioc

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Just a thought: Why don't those who want to keep details private just use a birthdate close to theirs so we can have a decent idea of whom we are conversing with. i.e. if your birthdate is 7/29/83 (happy 22nd Bruce!!), you can change it to 8/17/82. At least that's a ballpark estimate that hides your identity, but still keeps everyone feeling like they're talking to someone in their early 20s.

Those that don't post any date, just assume they are under 18 until it can be verified otherwise. It protects them and you.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by godiluvabig1@Jul 26 2005, 09:39 PM
I don't put my age because a lot of people judge me by it... I'm over 18, but I'm still young... Hell, I might go ahead and put my age... I'm 19, and I know it's no help to put it in this thread, DMW, so I'll add it to my profile for future reference...
[post=331938]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't think anyone here thinks of you as being just a kid or immature in any way.
You have certainly 'proved' yourself since singing up and participating.

..... Oh yeah, you're hot as hell too! ;)

LapDog :p :9 :p

p.s. How did your basic training go? When do you leave us again?

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Yeah you're hot godiluvabig1! :D

And we're the same age ;) we should do stuff lol.

Anyway usually the people not filling in their age don't fill in other things like gender etc and you probably shouldn't get involved with them, at least I don't. eg one member PM'd me recently saying 'she' was a female in the US but had only one post and hadn't filled in anything in their profile...

Be careful :)

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by godiluvabig1@Jul 26 2005, 09:39 PM
[post=331938]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm young too. My birthday's 9/14/84 (almost 21, baby!) And like, if people are closed minded enough to not think yer opinion is valid because of yer age, then they don't deserve to know yer opinion. *hug*

AmericanWoman

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Sheppard@Jul 26 2005, 09:01 PM
Well it seems you have to put in a day, you can't just put in a year.

But I am tired of the asl? questions, so now I can say "read the bloody profile!"
[post=331944]Quoted post[/post]​

Okay, help a newbie out. What the hell does "asl" mean? I've been a member for, hmmm, say six hours, and I've already gotten two unsolicited PMs utilizing that expression with a "?". Safe to assume now the "a" stands for age - I'm 31, such in my profile. What about the "s" and the "l"?

And yeah, good to be reeeaaalll careful sharing any specific, restrictively identifying information on this or any message board.

And I wish these smilies to the left would stop twitching as I write... :yoiks:

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by coolioc@Jul 27 2005, 02:47 AM
Just a thought: Why don't those who want to keep details private just use a birthdate close to theirs so we can have a decent idea of whom we are conversing with. i.e. if your birthdate is 7/29/83 (happy 22nd Bruce!!), you can change it to 8/17/82. At least that's a ballpark estimate that hides your identity, but still keeps everyone feeling like they're talking to someone in their early 20s.

Those that don't post any date, just assume they are under 18 until it can be verified otherwise. It protects them and you.
[post=332028]Quoted post[/post]​

No. It should be exact birthday. And I think it should be required to join the site. Also, I dunno if it's like that or not, but I also don't think it should be able to be changed.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by AmericanWoman@Jul 28 2005, 01:25 PM
What the hell does "asl" mean? I've been a member for, hmmm, say six hours, and I've already gotten two unsolicited PMs utilizing that expression with a "?". Safe to assume now the "a" stands for age - I'm 31, such in my profile. What about the "s" and the "l"?

ASL is age/sex/location. If someone here asks me for that, I assume that they don't read the forum. Looking up someone's profile is as easy as clicking a mouse, and I have filled out my profile. So my response is a simple, "it's in my profile."

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Jul 28 2005, 06:54 PM
ASL is age/sex/location. If someone here asks me for that, I assume that they don't read the forum. Looking up someone's profile is as easy as clicking a mouse, and I have filled out my profile. So my response is a simple, "it's in my profile."
[post=332609]Quoted post[/post]​
mine's even simpler: "go away"

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Originally posted by surferboy@Jul 28 2005, 02:42 PM
No. It should be exact birthday. And I think it should be required to join the site. Also, I dunno if it's like that or not, but I also don't think it should be able to be changed.
[post=332604]Quoted post[/post]​
Birthdates can certainly be changed in profiles; I've noticed some members doing this in the past. They must imagine nobody is noticing. :dunce:

Steve

iggy

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by surferboy+Jul 29 2005, 02:42 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(surferboy &#064; Jul 29 2005, 02:42 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-coolioc@Jul 27 2005, 02:47 AM
Just a thought: Why don&#39;t those who want to keep details private just use a birthdate close to theirs so we can have a decent idea of whom we are conversing with. i.e. if your birthdate is 7/29/83 (happy 22nd Bruce&#33;&#33;), you can change it to 8/17/82. At least that&#39;s a ballpark estimate that hides your identity, but still keeps everyone feeling like they&#39;re talking to someone in their early 20s.

Those that don&#39;t post any date, just assume they are under 18 until it can be verified otherwise. It protects them and you.
[post=332028]Quoted post[/post]​

No. It should be exact birthday. And I think it should be required to join the site. Also, I dunno if it&#39;s like that or not, but I also don&#39;t think it should be able to be changed.
[post=332604]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I cant stop thinking why should anybody hide their birthdates... only if you&#39;re pretending to be older or younger...

godiluvabig1

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by lapdog2001@Jul 28 2005, 11:45 AM
p.s. How did your basic training go? When do you leave us again?
[post=332544]Quoted post[/post]​
I got kicked out of the Navy... I got the NROTC scholarship I applied for, but I didn&#39;t get pulled out of boot camp like I was told would happen...

I got kicked out because I was supposed to run a mile and a half in 14 min 45 sec, but the fastest I could do it was 15 min 55 sec because I&#39;m iron anemic (which they told me after I failed my run)... So they kicked me out and took away my scholarship... :grr:

It&#39;s currently under investigation because the entire thing wasn&#39;t supposed to happen... I wasn&#39;t even supposed to go to boot camp in the first place and I was supposed to keep the scholarship...

I don&#39;t care about getting it back, and I sure as hell don&#39;t wanna go back into the military after the way they screwed me over, so I&#39;m back for good... And I start school next month... I&#39;m majoring in Elementary Education, and the Navy can kiss my ass, along with all four of my recruiters that screwed me over...

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Sex: Very male.

Actually, I&#39;m only a few months older than Bruce. I was born 5/29/83.