Bith dates

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Katiecav_34D, Jul 26, 2005.

1. Katiecav_34D

Katiecav_34D Member

I wish people would put at least what year they were born when they are filling out their profiles. I prefer to talk to people aound my own age 17, I have to ask just about everyone how old they are.
    Thanks
    Katie

2. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    if someone hasn't filled out their birth date, they must have a good (or bad) reason for choosing not to do so - why bother withholding information like that unless you don't want people here to know your age? there's not necessarily anything sinister about that; some people just like their privacy, and prefer not to give out personal details online, so it's not reasonable to demand that they tell everyone how old they are. doubtless a few conceal their ages for rather more unsavory reasons, but I like to think that they are a small minority.

in either case, asking them nicely probably won't persuade them to change their minds.

3. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Not necessarily. Some people don't bother to fill out any of their profile information. If someone requests a link to some site that shows nudity and he can't be bothered to do something as simple as fill in the date of birth space on his profile, I really can't be bothered to direct him to naked pictures.

4. smallman

smallman New Member

5. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

That doesn't help. You are one of those posters with a largely blank profile. No one is going to search through every post you've made just so they can find this one thread where you've mentioned your age.

6. godiluvabig1

godiluvabig1 New Member

I don't put my age because a lot of people judge me by it... I'm over 18, but I'm still young... Hell, I might go ahead and put my age... I'm 19, and I know it's no help to put it in this thread, DMW, so I'll add it to my profile for future reference...

7. Sheppard

Sheppard New Member

Well it seems you have to put in a day, you can't just put in a year.

But I am tired of the asl? questions, so now I can say "read the bloody profile!"

8. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

I'm born on 7/29 - 1983. Birthday coming up.

Bruce

9. coolioc

coolioc New Member

Just a thought: Why don't those who want to keep details private just use a birthdate close to theirs so we can have a decent idea of whom we are conversing with. i.e. if your birthdate is 7/29/83 (happy 22nd Bruce!!), you can change it to 8/17/82. At least that's a ballpark estimate that hides your identity, but still keeps everyone feeling like they're talking to someone in their early 20s.

Those that don't post any date, just assume they are under 18 until it can be verified otherwise. It protects them and you.

10. lapdog2001

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't think anyone here thinks of you as being just a kid or immature in any way.
    You have certainly 'proved' yourself since singing up and participating.

..... Oh yeah, you're hot as hell too! ;)

LapDog :p :9 :p

p.s. How did your basic training go? When do you leave us again?

11. Knight

Knight New Member

Yeah you're hot godiluvabig1! :D

And we're the same age ;) we should do stuff lol.

Anyway usually the people not filling in their age don't fill in other things like gender etc and you probably shouldn't get involved with them, at least I don't. eg one member PM'd me recently saying 'she' was a female in the US but had only one post and hadn't filled in anything in their profile...

Be careful :)

12. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm young too. My birthday's 9/14/84 (almost 21, baby!) And like, if people are closed minded enough to not think yer opinion is valid because of yer age, then they don't deserve to know yer opinion. *hug*

13. AmericanWoman

AmericanWoman New Member

Okay, help a newbie out. What the hell does "asl" mean? I've been a member for, hmmm, say six hours, and I've already gotten two unsolicited PMs utilizing that expression with a "?". Safe to assume now the "a" stands for age - I'm 31, such in my profile. What about the "s" and the "l"?

And yeah, good to be reeeaaalll careful sharing any specific, restrictively identifying information on this or any message board.

And I wish these smilies to the left would stop twitching as I write... :yoiks:

14. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:

No. It should be exact birthday. And I think it should be required to join the site. Also, I dunno if it's like that or not, but I also don't think it should be able to be changed.

15. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

ASL is age/sex/location. If someone here asks me for that, I assume that they don't read the forum. Looking up someone's profile is as easy as clicking a mouse, and I have filled out my profile. So my response is a simple, "it's in my profile."

16. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    mine's even simpler: "go away"

17. Steve26

Gold Member

Albums:
    Birthdates can certainly be changed in profiles; I've noticed some members doing this in the past. They must imagine nobody is noticing. :dunce:

Steve

18. iggy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

No. It should be exact birthday. And I think it should be required to join the site. Also, I dunno if it's like that or not, but I also don't think it should be able to be changed.
    [post=332604]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

I cant stop thinking why should anybody hide their birthdates... only if you're pretending to be older or younger...

19. godiluvabig1

godiluvabig1 New Member

I got kicked out of the Navy... I got the NROTC scholarship I applied for, but I didn't get pulled out of boot camp like I was told would happen...

I got kicked out because I was supposed to run a mile and a half in 14 min 45 sec, but the fastest I could do it was 15 min 55 sec because I'm iron anemic (which they told me after I failed my run)... So they kicked me out and took away my scholarship... :grr:

It's currently under investigation because the entire thing wasn't supposed to happen... I wasn't even supposed to go to boot camp in the first place and I was supposed to keep the scholarship...

I don't care about getting it back, and I sure as hell don't wanna go back into the military after the way they screwed me over, so I'm back for good... And I start school next month... I'm majoring in Elementary Education, and the Navy can kiss my ass, along with all four of my recruiters that screwed me over...

20. jonb

Gold Member

Sex: Very male.

Actually, I'm only a few months older than Bruce. I was born 5/29/83.

Draft saved Draft deleted