Bith dates

godiluvabig1

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jonb@Jul 28 2005, 06:19 PM
Sex: Very male.

Actually, I'm only a few months older than Bruce. I was born 5/29/83.
[post=332691]Quoted post[/post]​
LOL... Actually, for sex, I would've put "often." But that's still cute... and I'm shocked... yet another person closer to my age who seems much older... kudos for you jonb

Donk

Experimental Member
Media
I am one of the people who will not post my birthdate in my profile for privacy reasons. That decision is not from some sinister motive to pretend that I'm older or younger than I am. (Suffice to say, Katie, I'm too old for you!) It is simply one of many private details I would not feel comfortable disclosing publicly on this site.

This site is a place for frank and open discussion of many intimate topics--topics that many of us would not feel comfortable discussing openly with people we know in other contexts. For me, it is only the cloak of some degree of anonymity that allows me to participate freely on this site. So I restrict details that would let people who know me offline piece together my identity if they happen to stumble on this site (or even if they are active participants themselves--who knows?). Others here obviously have a higher comfort level with revealing their identities, and those individuals are free to post their birthdays, faces pics, professions, full name, address, and social security numbers if they wish. But if you were to impose such full disclosure on every participant, it would have a real chilling effect on the exchanges on this board.

I guess one option would be to post falsified personal info., but I have a very low tolerance for dishonesty, and I just can't bring myself to post falsehoods. So I prefer to remain silent on such points.

Just my 2 cents.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by Otis88@Jul 29 2005, 09:27 AM
If people don't want to post their birthday (or any other personal information), then they shouldn't have to. That's one of the good parts about a forum like this, you can be as anonymous or open as you would like and for the most part get the same benefits.
[post=332911]Quoted post[/post]​

the problem with that though is that we have galleries of cocks, and some pussies and boobies. And we have minors here. Not sayin there's anything wrong with minors. I believe this totally should be an open forum. However, I get like, a billion PMs. A lot of them sexual. I don't respond unless there's an age and they're over 18. Like, I'll respond to the non sexual ones no matter what. But still. It should be manditory. "Privacy issue," as Donk said, or not.

Donk

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by surferboy+Jul 30 2005, 06:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(surferboy &#064; Jul 30 2005, 06:43 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Otis88@Jul 29 2005, 09:27 AM
If people don&#39;t want to post their birthday (or any other personal information), then they shouldn&#39;t have to.  That&#39;s one of the good parts about a forum like this, you can be as anonymous or open as you would like and for the most part get the same benefits.
[post=332911]Quoted post[/post]​

the problem with that though is that we have galleries of cocks, and some pussies and boobies. And we have minors here. Not sayin there&#39;s anything wrong with minors. I believe this totally should be an open forum. However, I get like, a billion PMs. A lot of them sexual. I don&#39;t respond unless there&#39;s an age and they&#39;re over 18. Like, I&#39;ll respond to the non sexual ones no matter what. But still. It should be manditory. "Privacy issue," as Donk said, or not.
[post=333287]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Requiring someone to enter a birthdate is not an effective way of keeping the underaged out of the forum, as there is no way to ensure honesty. At any rate, you could require people to enter a birthdate when they register for membership without making it mandatory to disclose that info. in one&#39;s public profile. Maybe the registration process already does this--it&#39;s been so long since I registered I can&#39;t remember. I know you are required to enter an e-mail address but not required to post that publicly.

Your policy of not responding to sexual PMs if no age is disclosed is a very good one. And if people want to converse with you in that vein, there is nothing stopping them from voluntarily telling you their age.

Finally, if you really want to know someone&#39;s age, try asking that person in private. Sometimes people are more willing to divulge things privately than publicly.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Jul 26 2005, 06:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; Jul 26 2005, 06:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-smallman@Jul 26 2005, 07:13 PM
[post=331918]Quoted post[/post]​

That doesn&#39;t help. You are one of those posters with a largely blank profile. No one is going to search through every post you&#39;ve made just so they can find this one thread where you&#39;ve mentioned your age.
[post=331934]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

LOL - I love the direct, matter-of-fact tone of your post, DMW. :+

ItsJustMe

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by kilbasadad@Jul 28 2005, 09:57 PM
Hell I must be the old man in the group at my ripe age of 39 and WOW 40 is just around the block. Well in two months.
[post=332802]Quoted post[/post]​

I turned 40 this past March and it&#39;s fabulous so far&#33; Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.