Bizarre UK happening

londonhanger

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ladies, for those of you not in the UK we have a popular daily newspaper called ‘The Sun’ that features a full page woman normally in her teens or twenties with her boobs out daily on page 3. Having grown up with this it seems normal but when you stop to think about it, it is completely bizarre, especially in 2010. What are / would be your thoughts when picking up a discarded copy on a train or bus and turning the front page to be confronted by such an image? To add possibly insult to injury the woman in question is 'quoted' commenting on political / serious foreign news that day.

ConstantComment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have read the Sun newspaper and its sister Sunday paper News of the World. I think they're both a hoot. If there is sexual angle to a scandal, those newspapers will find it. My favorite headline by them was when Halle Berry was acting in the Flintstones' and her ex lover sold their story. Headline: Flintstones' star's lover said he made her Bed Rock.

As far as these Page 3 girls, I am not concerned. I haven't come across a reason as to why I should be. The newspaper took a decision back in the 90s not to feature women who are surgically enhanced. That's good but then I don't know how much they are photoshopped. But women are photoshopped in many magazines. And as far as questions about big political issues, well, Miss America and Miss USA candidates are asked about world peace as well. I can't imagine the quality of the answers are determined by whether one exposes her breasts and the other prances around in a bathing suit (that exposes as much as underwear does).

I feel that there are greater women's issues to deal with. And if women had more routes to wealth (far more important policy issues IMO), then the takers for Page 3 would naturally dry up.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
We are now so brain washed in Britain to think other than a whore or a pimp is considered deviant. Mike Ashley can (try) to hide it with expensive judges and lawyers, but if you are Joe Bloggs or his missus you'll be pilloried.