Black Friday: Anybody Else Be Up Early?

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Running on nothing but strong coffee after getting up extra early ...
Still stuffed from the day before, but always grab a piece of Pecan Pie for the road ...
Fighting the crowds and waiting in long lines ...
Rushing to the next store on your list …

It’s almost my favorite day being Black Friday, anybody else scour the ads for every last deal and plan your route the night before?

:cool: 2008 Sale Ads (most of them so far anyway) ...

Black Friday Ads - The Official Black Friday 2008 Website

TGI Black Friday - Ads 2008

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I haven't seen anything I must get... Sure some nice stuff out there but no I gotta have. There are some nice deals for BluRay players. about 200 bux

Last year it was arriving exactly at 3am and waiting til 5am when the store opened. I got what I wanted! I got the last voucher they had. Boy, I had some nasty looks when I was leaving since they rang up my purchase at one of the registers that wasn't on the regular register aisle. I don't blame them though who wants to wait in a line 50 people deep at every register to check out.

$230 (after rebate, which I received) computer system, CPU, LCD monitor, 3-in-1 printer. Not super dooper fancy but it surely was better than my old system.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Depends on what time I have to be at work that day.

Yep, I'm working one of those holiday retail jobs now. So that's a definite work day.

I won't get to get back to my family for Thansgiving and probably not even for Christmas because of work. (and the fact that my family lives in Indiana and I live in Texas...) But I do have a place to spend those days with friends and having a nice dinner. So not to worry there.

Last edited:

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
nope...I will still be under the influence of all those calories I plan to consume the night before...

I've done the crack of dawn black friday shopping before & even went out for midnight shopping last year..I'm over it...

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
ya know...on second thought, I am in the market for a new TV, so I might be tempted if I see any deals out there that I can't refuse...

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Probably not, but if there is an amazing offer on a Notebook PC I may go.

D

deleted3782

I generally hate shopping. I dislike fighting my way through malls and big box chain retailers, I dislike spending gobs of money, and I really dislike commercial Christmas. In fact, I have convinced my family to quit exchanging presents and to instead go on a family vacation...where we enjoy each other's company and explore spots around the world.

That being said (and having firmly established myself as a grinch), I will not be anywhere close to a store on Friday...perhaps I will spend my time starting a new SimCity...named Whoville.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've been guilty for the last 8 or 9 years of getting up early on Friday after Thanksgiving and standing in line at Walmart. Dumb, maybe, but last year I
got what I went after - a 42" flatscreen TV for around $700.

This year maybe I''ll luck up on a new computer system (if I can find one still with Windows XP.)

Wish me luck!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Back when I was into Christmas, I was a last minute shopper. Then I reformed and started making gifts for people.

This year I bought my Mum a box of chocolates from Maxim's. I don't think I'll be buying anything else. Where I live it's just another working day.

I read somewhere a few years ago that the US economy is hugely dependent on Christmas. Something like 25% of the GDP. So do yer duty and get out there and shop!!

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I got up early once on this day and stood in line with a friend. It was all for not. Anyway...I am a perfect shopper for people. It is in fact my super power. A nice drink book I found this year at Create and Barrel is called 101 Chanmpagne Cocktails. It runs about 18 bucks in the store and about 12 bucks on Amazon. This is my first tip of the season.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Update: I will be up VERY VERY EARLY that day! I have to be at work at 4 AM! :eek:

I think I should have an IV of coffee hooked up to me around 2 AM or so...

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I work in a wholesale shop, so I must work, but thankfully I can be there at my regular time. I'm not really hurtin' for anything either, but I might hit up the GAP real fast b4 hitting the freeway. I'm a GAP whore...I thought you knew.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I quit playing Christmas/Xmas/Seasons Greetings-bleatings decades ago. Although I'm not a christian, I still feel and have felt for most of my life that using Christ as the patron saint of 4th quarter earnings to be a bit tasteless. I give gifts throughout the year, when I want to, to people I love and those who are in need. One of the things about living in Buenos Aires that agrees with me is La Navidad, although celebrated, is a minor holiday and the majority of the population is getting ready to blast out of town on December 23rd or 24th for a month of vacation. Very sublime. For those of you who live in countries where the majority population is catholic (at least Latin countries) you know that Easter/Páscua is the real giant holiday. Fortunately, there are plenty of Easter Break get-a-ways from which to chose during that time of year, as well.

However, if anyone on LPSG would like to give me a blowjob on December 25th, I won't turn them down.
:smile:

Last edited: