Black lives matter : in their own words(really)

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Just in case you think the US police have a monopoly on beating black people... with prolonged violence and upsetting scenes...

4 French cops have been placed under investigation after beating and racially abusing an innocent bystander as protests were held in Paris concerning a security bill that would restrict the public from photographing or filming the police. They picked on this guy who had nothing to do with the protest, pushed him into his office, beat and abused him, then arrested him and charged him with resisting arrest.

Sadly there were office security cameras that captured the whole thing. Ooops.

Michel Zecler beating: Four French policemen charged over assault

Reactions: ActionBuddy

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just in case you think the US police have a monopoly on beating black people... with prolonged violence and upsetting scenes... 4 French cops have been placed under investigation after beating and racially abusing an innocent bystander as protests were held in Paris concerning a security bill that would restrict the public from photographing or filming the police. They picked on this guy who had nothing to do with the protest, pushed him into his office, beat and abused him, then arrested him and charged him with resisting arrest.

Sadly there were office security cameras that captured the whole thing. Ooops.

Michel Zecler beating: Four French policemen charged over assault

Cops filmed committing racist brutality... doing exactly what the public needs to see!... Hopefully the extreme irony of this case will not be lost on the French.

A/B

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Cops filmed committing racist brutality... doing exactly what the public needs to see!... Hopefully the extreme irony of this case will not be lost on the French.

A/B
France is a racist country, they have big problems with their north African/Algerian-descended populations who have been essentially left to rot in barrier housing estates. The French do not like to admit to it.

Abraracourcix

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
France is a racist country, they have big problems with their north African/Algerian-descended populations who have been essentially left to rot in barrier housing estates. The French do not like to admit to it.
As a French person, I’d like to thank you for stating this! Definitely true.
A LOT of French people only think about now when it comes to cultural issues but don’t even try to remember or understand how we got here and who’s fault it is

Reactions: DiamondJoe

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
As a French person, I’d like to thank you for stating this! Definitely true.
A LOT of French people only think about now when it comes to cultural issues but don’t even try to remember or understand how we got here and who’s fault it is
My intention was not to slap the French per se but to highlight that it's not entirely an American problem. I lived with a French chap for some years and my mum has lived in France extensively and it always struck me a) how segregated it was (although no-one ever admitted it and b) what an absolute bunch of cunts French police are. They do not fuck about.

Again, not to say that Britain is in the clear (think Steven Lawrence and everything that came after...) but the racism in France is excused or ignored, blamed on some supposed, self-inflicted failure of immigrant populations to sufficiently integrate as "proper" French people.

I had a (black) British friend who's bag was snatched in Paris a couple of years back. She attempted to report it to a passing police officer but it wasn't until she made it clear she was English/a tourist that he took her seriously.

What's your take on Charlie Hebdo and the resultant Arab boycott/war of words?

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My intention was not to slap the French per se but to highlight that it's not entirely an American problem. I lived with a French chap for some years and my mum has lived in France extensively and it always struck me a) how segregated it was (although no-one ever admitted it and b) what an absolute bunch of cunts French police are. They do not fuck about.

Again, not to say that Britain is in the clear (think Steven Lawrence and everything that came after...) but the racism in France is excused or ignored, blamed on some supposed, self-inflicted failure of immigrant populations to sufficiently integrate as "proper" French people.

I had a (black) British friend who's bag was snatched in Paris a couple of years back. She attempted to report it to a passing police officer but it wasn't until she made it clear she was English/a tourist that he took her seriously.

"What's your take on Charlie Hebdo and the resultant Arab boycott/war of words?"... Let's not stray too far off topic of this thread, please. Not to "dismiss" the subject, but, there are several threads here that address the Charlie Hebdo terror attack.

Other than witnessing the general poverty of minorities in and around Paris, my personal "awakening" about racism in France was out in the countryside.

My hosts' landlords invited us to spend a weekend at their country house in a small 12th Century village about 60 miles northwest of "City of Light". On my walks around the village and roads through the fields surrounding it, I kept noticing that so many of the cars and trucks that were parked or driving by, had the same bumper sticker. It was yellow, with a black silhouette of the continent of Africa, and words that I, being illiterate in French, naïvely thought might be something supportive, like Aid for the famines there at that time.

I asked my friend to translate it for me. The gist of it was "Africans Out of France, Now!". I was shocked. (I was young!)... Of course, I'm not so naïve about French racism anymore.

A/B

Last edited:

Abraracourcix

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

No offense taken don’t worry about that, I’m well aware of the problems you’re referring to and I wish our governments and police would do better, be better. They work for us and yet they fail us, but I feel it’s getting like that pretty much everywhere, citizens going in the streets, protesting, showing their anger and fears and no one listens. I don’t know how everything’s gonna turn out
So no offense taken, really. It’s global and you’re talking about facts.

My thoughts on the Charlie Hebdo story are pretty mixed. I think at some point they maybe really hurt some people, I had Muslim friends who felt hurt by the drawings, so maybe they should have stopped being that critical and keep low profile for some time. Although, obviously, of course, SURELY it doesn’t mean they had to die because they drew, I believe free speech is a major opportunity that we have and we should use it as much as we should, just enough so that you don’t hurt your neighbors and I think this is maybe where some members of the paper crossed the line. But come on you don’t shoot someone for that!
But it’s just what I think. Sometimes it’s hard to have an opinion about this in France cause some people will make you pass for someone who practically glorify terrorism if you don’t have the same take on the subject, for some people the team of Charlie Hebdo did nothing wrong and don’t mind about the Muslim community who got hurt cause free speech overpass everything else, I don’t know something like that.

Abraracourcix

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"What's your take on Charlie Hebdo and the resultant Arab boycott/war of words?"... Let's not stray too far off topic of this thread, please. Not to "dismiss" the subject, but, there are several threads here that address the Charlie Hebdo terror attack.

Other than witnessing the general poverty of minorities in and around Paris, my personal experience with racism in France was out in the countryside.

My hosts' landlords invited us to spend a weekend at their country house in a small 12th Century village about 60 miles northwest of "City of Light". On my walks around the village and roads through the fields surrounding it, I kept noticing that so many of the cars and trucks that were parked or driving by, had the same bumper sticker. It was yellow, with a black silhouette of the continent of Africa, and words that I, being illiterate in French, naïvely thought might be something supportive, like Aid for the famines there at that time.

I asked my friend to translate it for me. The gist of it was "Africans Out of France, Now!". I was shocked. (I was young!)... Of course, I'm not so naïve about French racism anymore.

A/B

Damn I never heard about this
I guess now I’ll pay attention so I can repaint their bumper in a very black color ?

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Staten Island Bar Owner Arrested For Deliberately Hitting Deputy With Car, and Violating COVID-19 Order Again, NYC Sheriff Joseph Fucito Says
Staten Island Bar Owner Arrested Again For Violating COVID-19 Order Hit Deputy With Car, NYC Sheriff Says
Summary + Excerpt:

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — The co-owner of a Staten Island bar that authorities said has been defying coronavirus restrictions was arrested early Sunday. Danny Presti, age 34, fled from his bar, Mac’s Public House, after deputies observed patrons entering the establishment Sunday night in violation of city and state closure orders. Deputies attempted to arrest Presti as he left the bar early Sunday, but he got into his car, struck a deputy and kept driving for about 100 yards even as the deputy was left hanging onto the hood. Presti was eventually stopped and taken into custody. He has been charged with assault, Sheriff Fucito said.

The deputy who was struck, Sgt. Kenneth Matos, suffered broken bones in both legs. He was taken to Staten Island University Hospital.

New York bar owner accused of driving into deputy because he can't open bar when he wants
Excerpt:

New York lawyer Rebecca Kavanagh said in a Twitter thread Sunday that if a Black person had deliberately driven into a group of sheriff’s deputies he’d be charged with attempted murder at best and shot and killed at worst. “In fact in Brooklyn, in 2017, Justin Murrell was charged with Attempted Murder after a cop was dragged by a car he was driving, even though the dragging was unintentional,” Kavanagh tweeted.

Reactions: ActionBuddy

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Staten Island Bar Owner Arrested For Deliberately Hitting Deputy With Car, and Violating COVID-19 Order Again, NYC Sheriff Joseph Fucito Says
Staten Island Bar Owner Arrested Again For Violating COVID-19 Order Hit Deputy With Car, NYC Sheriff Says
Summary + Excerpt:

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) — The co-owner of a Staten Island bar that authorities said has been defying coronavirus restrictions was arrested early Sunday. Danny Presti, age 34, fled from his bar, Mac’s Public House, after deputies observed patrons entering the establishment Sunday night in violation of city and state closure orders. Deputies attempted to arrest Presti as he left the bar early Sunday, but he got into his car, struck a deputy and kept driving for about 100 yards even as the deputy was left hanging onto the hood. Presti was eventually stopped and taken into custody. He has been charged with assault, Sheriff Fucito said.

The deputy who was struck, Sgt. Kenneth Matos, suffered broken bones in both legs. He was taken to Staten Island University Hospital.

New York bar owner accused of driving into deputy because he can't open bar when he wants
Excerpt:

New York lawyer Rebecca Kavanagh said in a Twitter thread Sunday that if a Black person had deliberately driven into a group of sheriff’s deputies he’d be charged with attempted murder at best and shot and killed at worst. “In fact in Brooklyn, in 2017, Justin Murrell was charged with Attempted Murder after a cop was dragged by a car he was driving, even though the dragging was unintentional,” Kavanagh tweeted.

Umm?... Wouldn't this news item be more on-topic in the Coronavirus thread?

Reactions: bramguy60

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Police guide advising forces to treat BLM protesters as terrorists could lead to ‘unnecessary deaths’, Yale professor warns | The Independent

Document is ‘untethered to reality,’ says professor Phillip Goff

A police guide that encourages law enforcement to treat Black Lives Matter (BLM) protesters as terrorists could result in unnecessary deaths, a Yale University professor has warned.

Phillip Atiba Goff, an expert in racial bias in policing, described a research paper published by International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association (ILEETA) as "dangerous" and "distressing".

The ILEETA document contains conspiracies, misinformation and inflammatory rhetoric that could incite officers against protesters and people of colour, critics say.

The document is alleged to put BLM in the same category as antifa, an umbrella term for leftist militants, describing both as “revolutionary movements whose aims are to overthrow the US government” and claims they are planning “extreme violence.”

“It’s stunning. It’s distressing in many ways. It’s untethered to reality,” said professor Goff, who is also CEO of the Center for Policing Equity

So, if according to "law enforcement" BLM protestors are "terrorists" then what about THESE fkrs?

Armed Michiganders Gather Outside Secretary Of State's Home To Deny Voting Results | HuffPost

Trumpkin pastor calls for Democrats and journalists to be executed

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-...ntis-on-coronavirus-statistics-010351103.html

Or FOR THAT MATTER, what about STATE SPONSORED TERRORISM?

Florida state police raid home of Rebekah Jones, data scientist who challenged DeSantis on coronavirus statistics
Congress Is About to Bar Unidentified Federal Agents From Policing Protests – Mother Jones

Nigel Atkinson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Police guide advising forces to treat BLM protesters as terrorists could lead to ‘unnecessary deaths’, Yale professor warns | The Independent

Document is ‘untethered to reality,’ says professor Phillip Goff

A police guide that encourages law enforcement to treat Black Lives Matter (BLM) protesters as terrorists could result in unnecessary deaths, a Yale University professor has warned.

Phillip Atiba Goff, an expert in racial bias in policing, described a research paper published by International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association (ILEETA) as "dangerous" and "distressing".

The ILEETA document contains conspiracies, misinformation and inflammatory rhetoric that could incite officers against protesters and people of colour, critics say.

The document is alleged to put BLM in the same category as antifa, an umbrella term for leftist militants, describing both as “revolutionary movements whose aims are to overthrow the US government” and claims they are planning “extreme violence.”

“It’s stunning. It’s distressing in many ways. It’s untethered to reality,” said professor Goff, who is also CEO of the Center for Policing Equity

So, if according to "law enforcement" BLM protestors are "terrorists" then what about THESE fkrs?

Armed Michiganders Gather Outside Secretary Of State's Home To Deny Voting Results | HuffPost
Trumpkin pastor calls for Democrats and journalists to be executed

Or FOR THAT MATTER, what about STATE SPONSORED TERRORISM?

Florida state police raid home of Rebekah Jones, data scientist who challenged DeSantis on coronavirus statistics
Congress Is About to Bar Unidentified Federal Agents From Policing Protests – Mother Jones

I'm so glad you posted this. This is literally insane. They are teaching them propaganda.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Seattle Police Ruled In Contempt For Firing "Less Lethal" Weapons At BLM Protesters

A federal judge has found the Seattle Police Department in contempt for violating an order to stop the "indiscriminate" use of chemical irritants or projectiles against protesters, except in cases where officers faced imminent danger.

The Monday ruling by Judge Richard Jones of the Western District of Washington in Seattle said the department had failed to prove that its use of pepper spray, pepper balls, blast balls and paint balls during four Black Lives Matter protests was warranted.

A/B

bramguy60

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Seattle Police Ruled In Contempt For Firing "Less Lethal" Weapons At BLM Protesters

A federal judge has found the Seattle Police Department in contempt for violating an order to stop the "indiscriminate" use of chemical irritants or projectiles against protesters, except in cases where officers faced imminent danger.

The Monday ruling by Judge Richard Jones of the Western District of Washington in Seattle said the department had failed to prove that its use of pepper spray, pepper balls, blast balls and paint balls during four Black Lives Matter protests was warranted.

A/B
ridiculous

bramguy60

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight