Black on White Racism in my area. Media dont say shit about it.

B_Trues

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Dude, you make me want to cry. Ignorance, this is. Africa was not always the way it looks now. Africa was a land where people lived very peacefully. Each country had it's own King and their stature was that of Europe around the same time. They adorned themselves with gold and diamonds and communities were built where all people shared all things. It wasn't until the Europeans came into the country with these things called guns and instigated a power struggle amongst its rulers and raped the country of its youth that Africa hit it's all time low. It never really recovered from that. For the record, Africa isn't just a bunch of tribes running around in dirt shooting each other. It has cities much like the World cities that every other continent has. The only difference is that it's people are still fighting each other in a power struggle for who can get the biggest guns, the baddest weapons.
Yip, no mension of the high black on white crimes, or even the 1300 years of arab slave trade and slave CASTRATIONS, BTW, atleast the European countries with their 300 year of slave trade put a stop to that.
Like I said, everything was fine when everyone was equal. The introduction of guns inspired the downward spiral into what it is today. That being said, if not for the European rape of Africa, it is impossible to predict what it would be today. It's a plight that could have happened to ANY people, but it happened to the Africans. The result is the plight of both Black Americans AND Africans, but it's up to the choices that we make now with better and sound mind as to how we resolve them.
Again, only picking on whites, and why are on earth are islamic acts so ignored, they believe in a dogma, and that is debatable and changeable, which, i have never heard a black person complain about arab slave castrations and the Arab slave trade which carried on 5 times longer than the European one, it is also, 5 times worse, and no I do not support forced slavery, and do acknowledge that that was wrong, but the white world also provided many good to black people and many or most of the medical solutions on market today, I mean, 200 years ago, the average life span was 30, but now, much thanks to white research, it has tippled, so all the thanks white people for tripling your lifespan, is a 'F***you WhiteT'?

Black supremacy? Surely, you jest. There is a double standard on racism, but I am not sure you understand what you are saying. White people are never banned from going to Black schools or attending Black functions, etc. They choose not to go. In fact, most Black institutions invite White people to attend and give them scholarships and everything just for showing up.
Certainly in south africa as we speak they do!, and also with South Africa's BEE thing, research it! and MalcomX, i think he was one of the most callous speakers in history, and partly responsible for sucking terrorist dicks, and black on white hatred.

Definitely. We as a younger generation need to use our 20/20 hindsight and not focus on what happened before, but focus on how we can make better today.
Agreed, but can everyone, I am will still hate people who hate me because of my race though, and I could expect others to do the same to me. I do support being critical on peoples cultures(not the art part) and religions though.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Quote:
Originally Posted by dong20

I said I understood why someone may say it, I just said that IMO in a strict meaning of the word 'pride' in this context makes little sense. Pride suggests (to me) some form of personal accomplishment, and one's skin colour isn't so much an accomplishment as a physical feature, much like shoe size. The word really doesn't matter that much and it doesn't merit any deeper discussion which can only serve to detract from the bigger picture.:smile:

I beg to differ. The point is not about the meaning of the words, it is the response to those who try to say that you are inferior because you are Black, Asian, Native, Irish, Islamic, whatever. I am XYZ and far from being ashamed, I am proud. It actually turns the ridiculousness back on those who think they are better because of the colour of their skin, or faith or nationality or whatever.

I believe that's what I said and it's certainly what I meant....but I don't want to get into a semantics debate over it.

I also believe that a few on both sides of any divisive issue will have a stake in perpetuating it, thus ensuring their sad and empty lives have some fragment of worth, and of course garnering plenty of free media coverage to boost their fragile egos. But then, I'm a cynic.

I agree, and Playainda makes fair mention of Mr. Jackson in this regard.

Indeed.

Ignoring that fact that you're implying logic enters into what is patently an illogical position; it would seem to me that most reasonable people are not racist to begin with and those being assholes are generally among the very last to realise it, admit and then take steps to address it, by definition. Still, every step in the right direction helps.

I think you mentioned the nurturing of racism, one wouldn't nurture someone to be an asshole.

I don't believe so. Please, show me where I did.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Whoa, whoa, whoa...one problem at a time. I thought we were talking about problems related to race relations in the US of A. I can't speak for Arabs and I have no idea what Arabian slavery has to do with Black and White relations in the United States. I'm not going to act like I know anything about it, because I don't. It's horrible. But we can lead by example.

You're taking quite the defensive stance on this subject. I applaud you on your knowledge and research on the subject of the people of Caucasian decent around the world, but I cannot comment or even deal with such an issue. For me to even FEIGN knowledge on the subject or how to deal with it being that I am not apart of it, would imply my own dimwittedness. So I will have to decline on how Arab people treated each other or how it is in South Africa. But will comment on the fact that South Africa is STILL more segregated than the USA is. That I know. But White people are still a majority. I fail to see how it is a state of Black supremacy.

Thank you for your facts on the subject, but let's deal with the matter at hand. Black on White crime hardly exists in the same regard as White on Black crime happens. Most documented crimes of Black people towards White people are not race related (someone gets robbed, etc.) but a group of skin heads dragging a Black person down the road tied to the back of a pickup truck hardly can be justified as not. Let's not put our own subjective twists on the subject either. If this matter is to be dealt with, it must be deal with equally on both sides and there needs to be a level of objectivity in dealing.
Agreed, but can everyone, I am will still hate people who hate me because of my race though, and I could expect others to do the same to me. I do support being critical on peoples cultures(not the art part) and religions though.
You will hate people who hate you because of your race? No, see you have no idea of knowing who hates you because of your race. If you think like that, then you are BREEDING hate into the minds of those you meet. Hate is defeated with love and compassion and that is what you should show.

Are you working towards understanding? I am not understanding your stance at the moment.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
trues said:
Originally Posted by dong20

because you are Black, Asian, Native, Irish, Islamic, whatever.

Islamic is NOT A SKIN COLOUR OR RACE OR ETHNIC GROUP

You misquoted me, I didn't say the above. Please learn how to use the quote function and correct this. Thanks.

B_Trues

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
You will hate people who hate you because of your race? No, see you have no idea of knowing who hates you because of your race. If you think like that, then you are BREEDING hate into the minds of those you meet. Hate is defeated with love and compassion and that is what you should show.

Are you working towards understanding? I am not understanding your stance at the moment.
I am not and have not said that i'm psychic, I am saying that if someone verbally attacks me through insulting my skin color, of coarse, I will do more to punish him/her, as they are clearly racial hatters.
I don't stereotype people as I have said before, I will only act if someone, attacks my skin color group directly.

B_Trues

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It's just as much of an ethnic group as Jewish.
And, Arab, and Persian, and Indonesian, and Somalian, and Turkish are all part of the same 'ethnic group'.
NO, I don't see how Islamic could be considered an ethnic group, just as Christian is not an ethnic group, unless Black, white, Jamaican and all are all belong to the same 'ethnic group', which would redefine ethnic group.

Thing is that I think skin color should be invisible and ignored to peoples relationships, likes or dislikes, I do support purism though, although I don't think it is socially politically correct, diversity is good for evolution, if only we could keep it and ignore it at the same time.

Try: Ethnic group - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
their is not an ethnic group listed as 'Islamic'

B_Trues

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think that the conclusion, this thread should reach is that the media should be 100% objective, and should not ignore certain acts done by certain people just because of their ethnic group, religion or culture. The media should also be able to freely critical on the dogma's, cultures, religions, or zeitgeists which are circulating around a certain group, but also have the same objectivity to all groups.

Other than the media, people should be judged individually or on the philosophies which they encourage, this holds for all communities.

Also that governments should be much more strict on people who discriminate against other people, because of their skin color.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I do believe dong20 and playaindia have spoken in these last two pages what I, have not been able to get across.
Hotrocker, if there was equality in any measure, this thread would not have happened. To say that,blacks hispanics, and asians are not restricted from anything, or disenfranchised, is patently absurd. This could only be spoken by a white guy, who has never had things happen to him or his family, because of his race.
Trues, we blacks don't speak to the Arab castration, because it's not our experience, and we, {I} don't have the capability of speaking to something that doesn't involve me in one way or another, as playindia said.
dong20, we agree on most issues! when I say I am proud to be black,etc. I am proud of the heritage that I could'nt choose and have done my best to make my family and by extension,my "people" proud,whether they know of my accomplishments or not. Pride is a family issue strictly speaking, to me.
Thank you Drifterwood,Osiris,njqt,Kotchanski you have all been very good friends to me,and I appreciate your input on this troubling subject.
hugs to most,
cigarbabe:saevilw:

Hotrocker

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do believe dong20 and playaindia have spoken in these last two pages what I, have not been able to get across.
Hotrocker, if there was equality in any measure, this thread would not have happened. To say that,blacks hispanics, and asians are not restricted from anything, or disenfranchised, is patently absurd. This could only be spoken by a white guy, who has never had things happen to him or his family, because of his race.
Trues, we blacks don't speak to the Arab castration, because it's not our experience, and we, {I} don't have the capability of speaking to something that doesn't involve me in one way or another, as playindia said.
dong20, we agree on most issues! when I say I am proud to be black,etc. I am proud of the heritage that I could'nt choose and have done my best to make my family and by extension,my "people" proud,whether they know of my accomplishments or not. Pride is a family issue strictly speaking, to me.
Thank you Drifterwood,Osiris,njqt,Kotchanski you have all been very good friends to me,and I appreciate your input on this troubling subject.
hugs to most,
cigarbabe:saevilw:

Hmm, why is it, then, that its easier for a black middle class male to get into a university over a white middle class male? And I hope not to read "because they try harder" as a response...

Theres a quota to meet thanks to the absurdity that is "affirmative action."

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
And, Arab, and Persian, and Indonesian, and Somalian, and Turkish are all part of the same 'ethnic group'.
NO, I don't see how Islamic could be considered an ethnic group, just as Christian is not an ethnic group, unless Black, white, Jamaican and all are all belong to the same 'ethnic group', which would redefine ethnic group.

Thing is that I think skin color should be invisible and ignored to peoples relationships, likes or dislikes, I do support purism though, although I don't think it is socially politically correct, diversity is good for evolution, if only we could keep it and ignore it at the same time.

Try: Ethnic group - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
their is not an ethnic group listed as 'Islamic'
Dude. I didn't say it was, I just said I felt it was just as much an ethnic group as Jewish. And ethnic group isn't denoted by the color of your skin. You can have people of different "colors" in one ethnic group.

And seriously, you quoted wikipedia? I could edit that article right now to include "Islam". Try something more accurate, like a dictionary. (i.e. ethnic - Definitions from Dictionary.com)

And your argument makes no sense. You support purism because it invokes evolution of a species? No. Evolution is instigating by the mixing of genetic materials across generations. By theory, we would evolve more if we weren't pure.
I think that the conclusion, this thread should reach is that the media should be 100% objective, and should not ignore certain acts done by certain people just because of their ethnic group, religion or culture. The media should also be able to freely critical on the dogma's, cultures, religions, or zeitgeists which are circulating around a certain group, but also have the same objectivity to all groups.
Well, the only fallacy in this argument is that the media reports things that are relevant to certain people or society. For the media to report in the United States about castration in Saudi Arabia would be met with, "Oh my God, those poor people. They should do something about it."

So instead of focusing on the issues of other countries, why don't we focus on our own. It is IMPOSSIBLE to repair someone's leg when both of your arms are broken.
Other than the media, people should be judged individually or on the philosophies which they encourage, this holds for all communities.

Also that governments should be much more strict on people who discriminate against other people, because of their skin color.
In a perfect world, this would be possible. But I still wouldn't condone the government stepping in on race relations. It is a problem that people need to handle as individuals and how they act in every situations.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hmm, why is it, then, that its easier for a black middle class male to get into a university over a white middle class male? And I hope not to read "because they try harder" as a response...
Probably because the black middle class male had better grades? What does class have to do with anything?

At any rate, it's just as bad as a White person with a 2.0 GPA getting into North Carolina A&T (an HBCU) with full tuition assistance from the school and me with a 4.3 GPA and a 1340 on the SAT getting $1,200 for the full year. (It's about $10,000 a year to go including room, board, books, etc.).

Affirmative Action is a necessary evil that takes place equally both ways. I'd think more people from other races would take advantage of it.

While, I'd prefer the better person get a job and NOT the person who is a Black woman who had no credentials, it works for the better in some cases. There are many employers who will hire unqualified Black people just to say that they have them working there, KNOWING they cannot perform the task, just so that they could fire them later. The worse reality? It's more than likely that a qualified Black person DID apply for the job and STILL didn't get it. AA is a double-edged sword. And until every does their part to end racism, I can't see why it is totally necessary to remove it from our country.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think you're confused, here is the link to your post that I quoted from, this might help your memory: link to Post 83 by dong20 , which i quoted from

Perhaps, but not about what I did and didn't write. To make it simple, follow this easy step by step instructions:
  1. Go back and read post 83. Now,pay attention; do the colours give you a clue? If not then
  2. Go back and read posts 46 and 79.
Anything you still don't understand is entirely your own problem.:rolleyes:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I think you're confused, here is the link to your post that I quoted from, this might help your memory: link to Post 83 by dong20 , which i quoted from

"The point is not about the meaning of the words, it is the response to those who try to say that you are inferior because you are Black, Asian, Native, Irish, Islamic, whatever."

Your link has exposed your error, Trues, as it proves dong20 did not refer to "Islamic" an ethnic group in the above passage.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hotrocker, you are definitely part of the problem.Weren't you just saying
that your black friend, doesn't BOO HOO over not having things go his way,but here you are crying about A.A.? Instead of seeing the good it has done for many people,you decry it. Because your'e grades,possibly, weren't good enough to get you into school. As playaindia said; "probably because the black middle class male had better grades". But that doesn't seem fair to you,does it?
Some white guy with a lower gpa,should have first choice,maybe?
Yeah, that makes perfect sense,to whites, who have been doing this forever. Simply getting by because of a percieved superiority,doesn'tcut it,anymore. Not all whites,of course think like you do, {thank God} but I feel that quite a few, are angry because AA has made the footing more equal for the disenfranchised.
Playaindia said it perfectly!
Thank you playaindia.
cigarbabe"saevilw:

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Since your'e reading this datdude this is my picture taken from my webcam a few months ago.I don't lie about who or what I am,ever.
Should you like to expose me as a "fraud".
Feel free to yahoo me and see for yourself.Or ask around.
C.B.:saevilw:

D_Sir Fitzwilly Wankheimer III

Experimental Member
Media
Now, maybe?

It really depends upon the time and place. Truth be told, it's only recently in America's history that a white on black crime would have been reported let alone received media attention.

I'm not saying that blacks aren't racist too! I'm just saying that the massive, media attention that a white on black crime gets is very recent only within the last 20-25 years.

Your missing his point. Why does it have to be a race issue? People use the terms to be derogative. Honky is just as bad as nigger, but it's not as effective because white epole could care less? The only reason ngger is offensive because black poeple have let get under their skin. Nigger is no worse than calling you a fuckhead, If I were to say "you don't have the cerebral capcity to understand" an educated person would see that as a good jab where someone who didn't know what that meant would be more offended by me saying "you're a dumbass"

getting back to the main issue. I aggree, I'm to tired of hearing the race card played out. Every ones ancestors were slaves at one point weather it was serfdom in Europe or the slaves in Egypt. Every other race has found a way to move beyond it except for blacks. It's time for blacks to have a little personal accountability. Lets not forget, yeah It was Europeans that bought the dsales but it was Africans that sold out their own people for trinkets. Sort of like rap singers today. Selling out your race for some bling bling. History has a way of repeating itself. people will percieve you on how you represent yourself. You earn respect you can't demand it.