Black on White Racism in my area. Media dont say shit about it.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Since your'e reading this datdude this is my picture taken from my webcam a few months ago.I don't lie about who or what I am,ever.
Should you like to expose me as a "fraud".
Feel free to yahoo me and see for yourself.Or ask around.
C.B.:saevilw:

OK, Cigarbabe you know I would protect you at any cost, but I can no longer live with myself for perpetuating such a heinous lie.

That picture is NOT Cigarbabe. In a sordid backroom promise to her and Mr. Ed, I vowed to keep the secret they have been hiding from everyone. Don't ask me how I found out their sordid secret, but I did. I only out them at the risk of my own life to be honest to you my friends on LPSG.

Mr Ed and Cigarbabe are in reality...

Diahann Carrol and Vic Damone.

THERE! I SAID IT AND I AM FINALLY FREE OF THIS BURDEN!

Oh and Cigarbabe? GOTCHA!!! :saevilw:

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Are you sure? I thought I was Ray Charles and Mr. Ed was Ethel Merman!
Good one,Osiris!
cigarbabe:saevilw:

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaha!
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Are you sure? I thought I was Ray Charles and Mr. Ed was Ethel Merman!
Good one,Osiris!

That would be a concert. You on keyboards and Ed belting one out. C'mon Ed, let's hear it...

There's NO business like SHOW business like NO business I know.... :biggrin1:

And for the record, RAY, this is my favorite song of yours...
(I put this on our home voicemail when the wife's ex wouldn't get the hint. I'm evil.)

Leave My Woman Alone
Artist:Ray Charles

If you don't want, you don't have to (get in trouble)
Say, you better leave my woman alone

Well, I know you are a playboy
And you've got women all over town
But listen buddy if you ever sweet-talk my little girl
I'm gonna lay your body down

You know you don't want, oh yeah (get in trouble)
(Say it) Oh, you better leave my woman alone

Well I know you got your money
And you've got a new fifty-six too
But if I ever see my little girl in your new car
I'm gonna do some work on you.

You know you don't want, oh yeah (get in trouble)

Well I don't believe in trouble
So I don't want to start a fight
So if you'll take heed and stay away from my little girl
Then everything will be alright

You know you don't want, yeah (get in trouble)

My woman alone
My (woman alone)
You better leave (woman alone)
Better leave (woman alone)
My woman alone (woman alone)
I said (woman alone)
I said (woman alone)
I said (woman alone)
My- (woman alone)
-i- (woman alone)
-i- (woman alone)
My woman (woman alone)
Oh, now (woman alone)
Oh, oo (woman alone)
Oh yeah (woman alone)
Oh yeah (woman alone)

(Say it) Yeah, you better leave my woman alone
My woman alone
My woman alone

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
getting back to the main issue. I aggree, I'm to tired of hearing the race card played out. Every ones ancestors were slaves at one point weather it was serfdom in Europe or the slaves in Egypt. Every other race has found a way to move beyond it except for blacks. It's time for blacks to have a little personal accountability. Lets not forget, yeah It was Europeans that bought the dsales but it was Africans that sold out their own people for trinkets. Sort of like rap singers today. Selling out your race for some bling bling. History has a way of repeating itself. people will percieve you on how you represent yourself. You earn respect you can't demand it.
Completely disregarding the fact that slavery in this country JUST ended a little over a century ago, your post would be valid. And Africans had no needs to sell their people for trinkets. They had gold and diamonds all around. What would they need some silver for?

Though, I do agree with your point about rappers whoring Black culture for money. God forbid you ever say "bling bling" again. Please.

And I hate that quote. Respect is earned, but its use is so misconstrued. Respect is a term used in reciprocity. If you want respect, you show it. Black people for the most part attempt to show respect, but don't get it a lot. It's sad, but true.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Islamic is NOT A SKIN COLOUR OR ETHNIC GROUP

Did I say it was?

Maybe I should have gone on to list more religions that are, or have been discriminated against, women, homosexuals, and any other minority groups that suffer discrimination. I am going to read up on the Nation of Islam.

I have always wanted to understand more about race relations in the US, they are so different to other places in the World, and I think that understanding "race" in the US tells us a lot about the overall culture of the US and its attitude and behaviour towards others. I think that I am beginning to get it, but I need to read more. Any suggestions welcome.

Kotchanski, I am very sad but not surprised to read of your experience in South Wales. I am afraid that I see it all the time to varying degrees. Some of my people read, pride in our country, to mean hate the English. It and they are really very stupid. Pride, as CB says, is about pride in yourself and your people, not the negative of disrespecting someone else.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
By the way, Islam is an ethnic group...by definition. Hell, Christian could be one too. If Christians weren't so segregated amongst themselves. I don't think any religion has as many denominations as Christianity, lol.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
If anyone has looked at the link provided by datdude,it says the mother
"thinks" it was racially motivated. The police have said it was not gang related and not racially motivated,so where did datdude get the idea,
that this had to be racially motivated? He made it up.
There is nothing in this story to suggest, that hate crimes against whites
or blacks aren't reported. Though he only mentioned Black on white crime
is never reported,this story shows it is reported.
I think we were right, when some of us concluded, that he had another agenda,and that is to try, and create diviseness here at lpsg between the members irrespective of differences.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just to add my two cents in (this comes from the AA absurdity posted previously):

Racism is alive and well in the US. My husband has been involved in the hiring process at most of the places he's worked, and has seen managers and VPs throw resumes into the trash based on someone's name. That's right, just their name on a resume. Why? Because the name was Indian.

In my experience, I worked with a man in a supervisory position who routinely called another employee a "gook bitch" and other Asian racial slurs, constantly made it very clear that he didn't like black people, and systematically drove all the young, assertive females out of the company. He also sexually harassed other women in the company. He was eventually fired but only after close to 10 years of this behavior.

I don't know where some of you people live or who you associate with, but I'm white woman living in an area of the country that's supposed to be relatively progressive, and I still know people who think it's okay to not like "niggers" and/or black "culture." Apparently if you lump all black people together in one "culture" it's okay to hate them now. Somehow because I'm also white, other white people think they can tell me their true feelings on race relations, and it's not as colorblind as some of you would like to think.

I have an interesting story that I heard on the radio. A black American woman moved to France about 15 years ago, and she told an anecdote about going to the movies in France. She said that in the US, if they went to a white area movie theater, they could cut in line with no one saying anything because these black girls with their attitudes were somehow intimidating. In France, she tried to do the same thing, but got pushed to the back of the line by little old ladies swinging their purses-- just like they would have done to a white person cutting in line. Her point was the the French are (were) much more colorblind and treated her as they would anyone else.

So what about these young women using the sterotype of violent, aggressive black women to cut in line? To me, it's just proof that racism indeed exists in the US, and that maybe these women score a win by playing on the fear white people have of black people in a movie theater, but when those women try to get a job, do you really think whites aren't going to think of those same stereotypes while hiring? So, yes, a win for them at the movies, a loss at hiring and other important things that are still largely controlled by whites.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just to add my two cents in (this comes from the AA absurdity posted previously):

Racism is alive and well in the US. My husband has been involved in the hiring process at most of the places he's worked, and has seen managers and VPs throw resumes into the trash based on someone's name. That's right, just their name on a resume. Why? Because the name was Indian.

In my experience, I worked with a man in a supervisory position who routinely called another employee a "gook bitch" and other Asian racial slurs, constantly made it very clear that he didn't like black people, and systematically drove all the young, assertive females out of the company. He also sexually harassed other women in the company. He was eventually fired but only after close to 10 years of this behavior.

I don't know where some of you people live or who you associate with, but I'm white woman living in an area of the country that's supposed to be relatively progressive, and I still know people who think it's okay to not like "niggers" and/or black "culture." Apparently if you lump all black people together in one "culture" it's okay to hate them now. Somehow because I'm also white, other white people think they can tell me their true feelings on race relations, and it's not as colorblind as some of you would like to think.

I have an interesting story that I heard on the radio. A black American woman moved to France about 15 years ago, and she told an anecdote about going to the movies in France. She said that in the US, if they went to a white area movie theater, they could cut in line with no one saying anything because these black girls with their attitudes were somehow intimidating. In France, she tried to do the same thing, but got pushed to the back of the line by little old ladies swinging their purses-- just like they would have done to a white person cutting in line. Her point was the the French are (were) much more colorblind and treated her as they would anyone else.

So what about these young women using the sterotype of violent, aggressive black women to cut in line? To me, it's just proof that racism indeed exists in the US, and that maybe these women score a win by playing on the fear white people have of black people in a movie theater, but when those women try to get a job, do you really think whites aren't going to think of those same stereotypes while hiring? So, yes, a win for them at the movies, a loss at hiring and other important things that are still largely controlled by whites.

Snoozan,

A number of those of us of color have often discussed the dysfunctions of many in the black community and how that behavior through the media is seen as how ALL BLACK PEOPLE behave. There are dysfunctional people of every color. We used to say that uncouth persons lacked "home training" but unfortunately some of them did learn this at home. This is what Bill COsby is being bashed for attacking right now. This behavior is not about being black . It may have its roots in poverty of many different kinds but being black is not the cause. NO ONE can say anything to Dr. Cosby about not understanding. THis man pulled himself up from the city streets of Philadephia to become who he is today. So he knows wherefore he speaks. Yes bad behavior is at a crisis level. But it is definitely not just a black thing. It is a heart thing and that has no color.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Just to add my two cents in (this comes from the AA absurdity posted previously):~snip~
Excellent documentation. I wish that there were more people like you, who would be interested in discussing these topics out in the open like that.

^_^

All the more reason why saying that it doesn't exist doesn't MEAN that it doesn't exist...which is what most people on the other side of the fence attempt to do. :rolleyes:

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Snoozan,

A number of those of us of color have often discussed the dysfunctions of many in the black community and how that behavior through the media is seen as how ALL BLACK PEOPLE behave. There are dysfunctional people of every color. We used to say that uncouth persons lacked "home training" but unfortunately some of them did learn this at home. This is what Bill COsby is being bashed for attacking right now. This behavior is not about being black . It may have its roots in poverty of many different kinds but being black is not the cause. NO ONE can say anything to Dr. Cosby about not understanding. THis man pulled himself up from the city streets of Philadephia to become who he is today. So he knows wherefore he speaks. Yes bad behavior is at a crisis level. But it is definitely not just a black thing. It is a heart thing and that has no color.

I will agree he knows what he speaks on that issue, but Mr. Cosby (he is not deserving of the respect of Dr. for what I am about to relate) has no right to hold young black people hostage to his morals.

Mr. Cosby is known for giving millions to black universities and I applauded him until he started going to schools as the keynote speaker and instead of honoring the graduating, he slams the athletic. At one university, he was introduced to the QB of the football team. It was a once in a lifetime thing for him as Bill Cosby was his idol. Instead of shaking his hand and being polite Cosby rejected the shake and proceeded to tell the young man how much of a lazy slacker he was because he was getting by on his sports. I seem to recall Cosby was a track runner and I think that helped get him into school.

Why do I point this out? to show that even the best intended in the black community also falter and have faults.

There is no perfect person, white, black, red, or any color. We are human and not perfect and we would do well to remember that when we go about attacking each other over our differences.

There isn't enough love in the world now. Why can't we keep our little slice of the world here at LPSG a little peaceful and a haven from the hatred we live with day to day?

Just my opinion, but what does that really amount to in the long run anyway?

Excellent documentation. I wish that there were more people like you, who would be interested in discussing these topics out in the open like that.

^_^

All the more reason why saying that it doesn't exist doesn't MEAN that it doesn't exist...which is what most people on the other side of the fence attempt to do. :rolleyes:

Well put. This reminds me of those people who try to say the Holocaust didn't happen. Like it or not attrocity happens and it happens everyday for the stpidest of reasons.

Well put sir.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Cosby did indeed get into Temple with a partial,I believe, track scholarship. We used to go see him, when we went to the Penn Relays,he would take a "winning lap" run with the athletes he now so despises.
Can't help but think maybe he doesn't want to remember all that,now,hmm?
Osiris and Naughty,your'e both right! I believe hatred is bred in poverty,amonst other things,but there isn't enough love in this world,I thought I was the only one saying that!
But again,there is no color to bad behavior,it's in all people.
Whether you choose to go that route,make all the difference.
cigarbabe:saevil:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cosby did indeed get into Temple with a partial,I believe, track scholarship. We used to go see him, when we went to the Penn Relays,he would take a "winning lap" run with the athletes he now so despises.
Can't help but think maybe he doesn't want to remember all that,now,hmm? cigarbabe:saevil:

I don't know about that. The athletes of today are very different than in his day. But then again society is very different as well as peoples expectations of certain groups.

If you had told people the president of Princeton University 60 years ago that his fine institution would soon admit women AND that 20 years after that professors would be pressured by parents and administrators to give out more A's to students, he would have laughed in your face. :tongue: We used to have something called college material; but now everybody is college material! That's why so many institutions of higher learning graduate vast multitudes of lazy, whiney, wastrels, tramps; fools.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know about that. The athletes of today are very different than in his day. But then again society is very different as well as peoples expectations of certain groups.

If you had told people the president of Princeton University 60 years ago that his fine institution would soon admit women AND that 20 years after that professors would be pressured by parents and administrators to give out more A's to students, he would have laughed in your face. :tongue: We used to have something called college material; but now everybody is college material! That's why so many institutions of higher learning graduate vast multitudes of lazy, whiney, wastrels, tramps; fools.

"No child left behind..."

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
. Somehow because I'm also white, other white people think they can tell me their true feelings on race relations, and it's not as colorblind as some of you would like to think.

That's been my experience.

My wife is Latina, although her very fair skin allows her to pass for white. You'd never guess she speaks Spanish fluently.

I'm dismayed at the number of times we've been at dinner parties among white middle class suburbanites who think its safe to start bashing latin immigrants with racist jokes and such. They'd never say such things in mixed race circumstances. Its been entertaining to watch their surprised reactions when my wife erupts like a volcano and storms out of the house.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's been my experience.

My wife is Latina, although her very fair skin allows her to pass for white. You'd never guess she speaks Spanish fluently.

I'm dismayed at the number of times we've been at dinner parties among white middle class suburbanites who think its safe to start bashing latin immigrants with racist jokes and such. They'd never say such things in mixed race circumstances. Its been entertaining to watch their surprised reactions when my wife erupts like a volcano and storms out of the house.

:rolleyes::tongue: Tell me about it! I often get white people who think I hate Jews and make horrible anti-semitic remarks to me. When I express my displeasure they are always shocked.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hmm, why is it, then, that its easier for a black middle class male to get into a university over a white middle class male? And I hope not to read "because they try harder" as a response...
Theres a quota to meet thanks to the absurdity that is "affirmative action."
Grrrrrr!!! :mad: Tell me you don't really believe that nonsense you wrote! :mad: Perhaps if you put down your bong long enough for the smoke to clear you would realize that in order for a black middle class male to just be accepted into a Big 10 or Ivy League University he has to work 3 times as hard as a white male from the same background.

Does Affirmative Action allow for racial quotas? Yes, it does. What you and many other white males fail to realize is, that number is truly infinitesimal. More importantly if you abolish AA, no minorities will be able to get into good schools or obtain positions and careers worthy of their intellect and talent. Why? Because of the attitude which you and many others have exhibited here!

I've tried so hard to keep my cool on this thread but your post plucked my very last nerve. FYI: My dad was the Deputy EEO officer for a Navy base for a little over 20 years.

datdude

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If anyone has looked at the link provided by datdude,it says the mother
"thinks" it was racially motivated. The police have said it was not gang related and not racially motivated,so where did datdude get the idea,
that this had to be racially motivated? He made it up.
There is nothing in this story to suggest, that hate crimes against whites
or blacks aren't reported. Though he only mentioned Black on white crime
is never reported,this story shows it is reported.
I think we were right, when some of us concluded, that he had another agenda,and that is to try, and create diviseness here at lpsg between the members irrespective of differences.

You give me too much credit!!
Trying to create diviseness here at lpsg between the members irrespective of differences.
Yeesh, kind of dramatic.

I did not make it up, it’s my opinion based on the area I lived in, that this event went down. I know about the racism that goes on in that area. I repeat one little local area that you know nothing about!!! You did not like the post from the start and started to say I was lying and had some agenda. The agenda thing is all in your head. Maybe if I wasn’t white you have an easier time thinking this could happen??? If I posted a video of a black kid getting jumped by 7 white kids and his mom and him saying it was racist, would it have been easier for you to believe that it may be racist?? I mean how many times have blacks in the past been victims of racism and the media and cops said they where not??? Shit!!! Just recently the Jena six, with white guys hanging nooses from the trees. Local Media did not really say shit until it got nation wide coverage and a ton of support. Just go on the internet, there is tons of racism that is not really talked about on a national level. There is usually plenty of racism that goes on before it finally boils over into the national scene and sometimes it does not. Yeesh!!

I don’t know why I have argued with you this whole time you are clearly ignorant and know nothing of my life or the area I grew up in. You just deny it. You asked for proof of this and I gave it, not good enough for you, because you don’t want it to be true.

I was trying to let it go but you kept bashing away and would not let it go.

I don’t what your deal is but something is wrong with you and you’re not worth arguing with. You just don’t know what you’re talking about when it comes to my life and the area that I lived in.

Not everything in life is a conspiracy.

D

deleted15807

RACE - The Power of an Illusion | PBS

The idea of race assumes that simple external differences, rooted in biology, are linked to other, more complex internal differences. Like athletic ability. Musical aptitude. Intelligence. This belief is based on the idea that race is biologically real.

All of our genetics now is telling us that that's not the case. We can't find any genetic markers that are in everybody of a particular race and in nobody of some other race. We can't find any genetic markers that define race.