Black people and tattoos

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
so what your saying is that nobody can make any jokes about anyone outside of their own race? FWIW, I dont possess any hatred toward your race either.

If it was absurd, then I apologize but it appears that there are quite a few people who also had no idea.

Racial climate of the country? Need I remind you that this is the internet, not all of us are from the same country. Is there racial problems in the States right now? Isnt there a black man running for president? I forget, isnt he leading? Seems like its going pretty well to me.

I have yet to make a joke, but since you are so big on geography, doesnt the country you live in does have freedom of speech, correct?

Go talk to the mod that did that crap, not me, I wasnt the one talking down.

I prefer mayonnaise sandwiches.

I'm saying that considering the racial climate of this country, one has to be very careful about making jokes about someone of a different race. Don Imus, much? This is not a perfect world. And a country like America still has suspicions and open wounds.

And yes it was an absurd question. Why anyone would put that much thought into the specifics of a black person's tattoos is beyond all rational comprehension to me.

Doesn't matter what country you're from when you're typing on the internet. When people of a particular country interpret what you write, there is the risk of offense. When dealing with an international audience, there are matters of interpretation, culture, etiquette, custom and wording that must always be considered. When entering a friend's house in America, I would walk right in with my shoes on and ask him "What have you been up to you little bitch" in passing and we'd laugh. Were I to visit a friend of mine in Tokyo or Yokohama, I would respect that curse words are almost never used for humor in Japan and is considered pure bad taste and offensive...let alone would I walk into his house with my shoes still on. There are differences in culture that must be respected. And when it comes to typing via the internet these same differences, customs, interpretations must be respected. At least if you want to be build a proper and respectful integration with others.

And just because Barack Obama is leading the race for the presidency doesn't mean anything has changed within the innate construction of the society.

As for my observation on ebonics, my statement to you was NOT about you speaking ebonics. It was about you bitching over her using it. As I said, EVERY culture, race, and peoples, when in high concentration areas, will eventually develop a different dialect of the major language. No one bitches when English peasants butcher the language. So don't bitch when a "sistah" uses a different version of English. As long as you can comprehend it, that's all that matters.

Mayonnaise sandwiches...where's the meat?

ShowOff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whoo hoo, here we go..

I'm saying that considering the racial climate of this country, one has to be very careful about making jokes about someone of a different race. Don Imus, much? This is not a perfect world. And a country like America still has suspicions and open wounds.

We must live in two different countries. I see black comedians all the time making fun of white people. Besides, I didnt make any jokes...if anything I jumped on a mod only because I thought they were poking fun that I thought was inappropriate.

And yes it was an absurd question. Why anyone would put that much thought into the specifics of a black person's tattoos is beyond all rational comprehension to me.
Because I was watching the packers game and there was a very dark skinned guy with a tattoo... I could tell he had a tattoo but couldnt make out what it was. Obvious thought, if that was a white tattoo I might be able to see it better.

Doesn't matter what country you're from when you're typing on the internet.
Agreed, Ill talk however I feel like, Im not going to walk on eggshells because youre sensitive.

And just because Barack Obama is leading the race for the presidency doesn't mean anything has changed within the innate construction of the society.
umm.. innate construction of the society...what? okay you keep telling yourself things are bad with all the racial conflict and a race war is coming. Ill just sit here and keep looking at you like your another crazy racist.

As for my observation on ebonics, my statement to you was NOT about you speaking ebonics. It was about you bitching over her using it.
Shes a big girl, she can fight for herself.

As I said, EVERY culture, race, and peoples, when in high concentration areas, will eventually develop a different dialect of the major language. No one bitches when English peasants butcher the language. So don't bitch when a "sistah" uses a different version of English.
Yeah but nobody writes like th' stoopid shit soun's. Hell, jest on account o' Im fum th' south yo' dont see me typin' like this hyar unless Im tryin' t'make fun of some hillbilly rednecks.

As long as you can comprehend it, that's all that matters.
But I couldnt, thats the problem. I still dont know what a ka-razor is.

Mayonnaise sandwiches...where's the meat?
Its a white trailer trash thing.

ShowOff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After all this it was more of a tattoo question and not a black question (i.e. the tattoo goes under the pigment of the skin). But because of the way I phrased it I get my head bitten off because a white guy asks a question about a black guy. WTF?

Hell, white people are so scared of being racist or offending someone that they wont even say black without whispering it.
"Did you see that guy in the blue shirt?"
"Which one, there were two?"
"oh the umm.. <*whisper* black guy *whisper*>"
Thats such garbage. and the whole point is BS like this. All I did was ask a question I didnt know and you jump all over my ass. You know, maybe sweatyblackballs was right, maybe I am an ignoramus cause I didnt know that a tattoo went under the pigmentation of the skin. But know this, I wont be the first or the last ignorant person you run across and you would be better to teach and educate those people in a sophisticated matter rather than turn it into a racial issue.

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's desgregation dude. Not integration.

If we're gonna be talking pc you need to get with the program. Some people find the word integration offensive, You don't want to get Imussed.

What the fuzzy-pops are you talking about?

When I said integration, I meant it by it's definition. As in people integrating with each other, unifying, coming together. A whole world united. And thus a whole internet world united. There are different people from different parts of the world all on this one site, and so we all are integrating with each other in one peaceful community.

Was integration once some old Deep South term used offensively? If so, I meant it by it's definition, not offensively.

Where did you get desegregation from my usage of the word integration?

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whoo hoo, here we go..

We must live in two different countries. I see black comedians all the time making fun of white people. Besides, I didnt make any jokes...if anything I jumped on a mod only because I thought they were poking fun that I thought was inappropriate.

Because I was watching the packers game and there was a very dark skinned guy with a tattoo... I could tell he had a tattoo but couldnt make out what it was. Obvious thought, if that was a white tattoo I might be able to see it better.

Agreed, Ill talk however I feel like, Im not going to walk on eggshells because youre sensitive.

umm.. innate construction of the society...what? okay you keep telling yourself things are bad with all the racial conflict and a race war is coming. Ill just sit here and keep looking at you like your another crazy racist.

Shes a big girl, she can fight for herself.

Yeah but nobody writes like th' stoopid shit soun's. Hell, jest on account o' Im fum th' south yo' dont see me typin' like this hyar unless Im tryin' t'make fun of some hillbilly rednecks.

But I couldnt, thats the problem. I still dont know what a ka-razor is.

Its a white trailer trash thing.

1. Comedy is one thing. Allowances are made then.

2. You should've kept your eyes on the Packers game.

3. It's not about walking on eggshells, but apparently the point I was making went so far over your head it could be called a 747.

4. I think she wouldn't waste her time.

5. She can type how she wants. Stop bitching.

I think we're done. :biggrin1:

ShowOff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
absolutely no content, no thought, nothing... just say the last words even if they have no meaning and walk away. I feel so sorry for you.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My tattoo seems to show up just fine (see avatar).

I doubt that the white ink would have had the same effect.

Next Question: Why do black people's muscles look bigger than white people's muscles?

Calgon!!

ShowOff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Next Question: Why do black people's muscles look bigger than white people's muscles?

Calgon!!

Thats why in my OP I made sure to write, "dark skinned black people"

and the muscle thing has to do with shadows and muscle separation... its why body builders use fake tanner before competition.

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think people with ANY skin color should get glow in the dark ink, or black light sensitive ink. :biggrin: Those kick ass.
That would be cool as hell. I know an artist who specializes in tattooing black men and women. She is very good with lots of experience. It is a sensitive subject and that just reminded me that I need to tell my promoter friend about her.
It can be so hard to be PC if you are not actually black or sensitive to modern culture.
My artist friend can't go around saying that she can actually give black people more for their money because she is able to tattoo darker skin so well because it could be taken the wrong way. My promoter friend will know how to get the word out PC.
Light make up is soo hot on dark women. I can see where it would be an idea for tattoos but it isn't possible at this time unless the light sensitive inks would work. That would be freakin' cool!:tongue:

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's desgregation dude. Not integration.

If we're gonna be talking pc you need to get with the program. Some people find the word integration offensive. You don't want to get Imussed.
Please elaborate . I would like some education on the matter.

B_sugarandspice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Calgon!!
wow, I thought they just had better um,something - not sure what to call it. I just LIKE IT!!!
A Lot!Please elaborate. Your making hot talking about black people and muscles. I feel a serious fever coming on.
Hey is that still PC. Don't wanna offend.
I am from the South and the way brothers speak there will upset people in DC. Also some things are ok for black people to say but may not sound right for a white woman so I am just outdated and my black friends correct me up here while my Southern friends still say the same things. I have a lot of friends of all races and culture. We all make fun and talk a lot of shit about each other but all in good fun.Actually they used to call me Snow Black because of the way I dance.
DC is way,way,sensitive and I don't know the history enough to know why. It doesn't look as desegregated as Houston ,where I lived for years.
It hurts me deeply when I am not acepted by another race or culture.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:wtf1:

I can only guess where you are trying to go with that post. You would think a mod could communicate a bit more effectively.

So let me get this straight.. HaagenDazs throws out 3 obviously stereotypical remarks about an African American male and nothing is said, but when I simply reply with one more, you throw some ebonic tirade at me? Whats up with that?

Sir,

What exactly is ebonic about my mentioning that I was going to call my POSSE (group) on my razor phone? I was playing on the mis interpretation I had of James Brown's lyrics. It was not at all a tirade. I was however having fun at your expense. Your question reminded me of one my mother told me about when she was in graduate school in the 50's. SHe was asked by a white classmate how black people could tell if their faces were dirty. The depth of ignorance was mind boggling. But having been raised a Christian and the times being what they were she graciously responded that she could tell when her face was dirty the same way anyone else could. Black people have for centuries been ridiculed about the color of their skin. Even among the black community a mere mention of the depth of ones pigment could spark heated discourse or possibly violence. It is THAT SENSITIVE for some even now. Though your question may have been legit it may not have been the most politic. If you didnt understand that I apologize for picking at you. As far as my being a moderator I am also a woman and a black person. Which part of me would you like to respond to your thread? Oh once again the word is POSSE not PUSSY. A BIG difference.:biggrin1:

ShowOff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What exactly is ebonic about my mentioning that I was going to call my POSSE (group) on my razor phone?
It was the other words and I think you called it a ka-razor or something?

I was playing on the mis interpretation I had of James Brown's lyrics.
umm.. okay? Was I supposed to get it?

It was not at all a tirade. I was however having fun at your expense.
Much appreciated.

Your question reminded me of one my mother told me about when she was in graduate school in the 50's. SHe was asked by a white classmate how black people could tell if their faces were dirty. The depth of ignorance was mind boggling. But having been raised a Christian and the times being what they were she graciously responded that she could tell when her face was dirty the same way anyone else could.
Its not even close to the same thing. Knowing if your face is dirty and at what level a tattoo penetrates the skin isnt even close to the same thing.

Black people have for centuries been ridiculed about the color of their skin.
Agreed, but I didnt ridicule anyone.

Even among the black community a mere mention of the depth of ones pigment could spark heated discourse or possibly violence.
Not my problem, its who you are PERIOD. Learn to deal with it and stop the violence.
It is THAT SENSITIVE for some even now. Though your question may have been legit it may not have been the most politic. If you didnt understand that I apologize for picking at you.
Apology accepted.

As far as my being a moderator I am also a woman and a black person.
What does that have to do with anything, I see you as a person, plain and simple. Here I dont see any color, I dont see a sex, I dont see a religion. I see words which carry love, hate, education, etc.

Which part of me would you like to respond to your thread?
You separate the two?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It was the other words and I think you called it a ka-razor or something?

Did you even read my earliest posts ? I made a reference to James Brown's song "The Payback" in it is a line which says, "I may not know Karate but I know ka-razy". I thought it was "I may not know Karate but I know ka razor"

umm.. okay? Was I supposed to get it?

Perhaps if you had been reading the previous posts .

Much appreciated.

My pleasure :biggrin1:

Its not even close to the same thing. Knowing if your face is dirty and at what level a tattoo penetrates the skin isnt even close to the same thing.

To you it may not seem to be the same but to a black person who is extremely dark it is a comment that might give pause. You may never understand but trust me it happens.

ieed, but I didnt ridicule anyone.

It may not have been your intent but the interpretation was mixed.

Not my problem, its who you are PERIOD. Learn to deal with it and stop the violence.

The crux of the problem. If you look in my gallery it really isnt my problem. But it is a problem in this country and has been for centuries and to say learn to deal with it and stop the violence speaks volumes.

Apology accepted.

What does that have to do with anything, I see you as a person, plain and simple. Here I dont see any color, I dont see a sex, I dont see a religion. I see words which carry love, hate, education, etc.

I seem to recall you mentioning my status as a moderator in your comments about my style of communication .

You separate the two?

Oh yes. When I am commenting on a thread I am commenting as who I am as a member. I generally make it known when I am responding as a moderator.

sweatyblackballs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
After all this it was more of a tattoo question and not a black question (i.e. the tattoo goes under the pigment of the skin). But because of the way I phrased it I get my head bitten off because a white guy asks a question about a black guy. WTF?

Hell, white people are so scared of being racist or offending someone that they wont even say black without whispering it.
Thats such garbage. and the whole point is BS like this. All I did was ask a question I didnt know and you jump all over my ass. You know, maybe sweatyblackballs was right, maybe I am an ignoramus cause I didnt know that a tattoo went under the pigmentation of the skin. But know this, I wont be the first or the last ignorant person you run across and you would be better to teach and educate those people in a sophisticated matter rather than turn it into a racial issue.

NO YOU ARE WRONG ... IT IS NOT MY JOB AS A BLACK MAN TO TEACH YOU IT IS YOUR DUTY AS A WHITE MAN TO EDUCATE YOURSELF, TO CULTURE YOURSELF SO THAT YOU DO NOT OFFEND PEOPLE WITH IGNORANT QUESTIONS SUCH AS THE ONE YOU ASKED IN INITIATING THIS THREAD. TATTOO INK IS OFTEN RECOMMENDED BY THE TATTOO ARTIST AS MINE WAS WHEN I GOT IT AND MY INK JUST HAPPENS TO BE DARK ON DARK SKIN. YOU ARE INCREDIBLY IGNORANT. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU ASKING A RACE QUESTION AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH YOU ASKING AN IGNORANT QUESTION. PLEASE RE-READ YOUR QUESTION AND THEN TELL ME YOU THINK IT IS COMPLETELY INOFFENSIVE TO BLACK PEOPLE. YOU MADE IT A RACIAL ISSUE BECAUSE YOU ASKED ABOUT 'BLACK' PEOPLE AND YOU ASKED ABOUT 'BLACK' SKIN. IMMEDIATELY IT BECOMES AN ISSUE OF RACE. IT ALSO BECAME AN ISSUE OF IGNORANCE WITH THE MERE FACT YOU ASKED THE QUESTION IMPLYING YOU WERE UNAWARE OF THE ANSWER. YOU CAN WHISPER THE WORD BLACK AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE BUT SHOUTING YOUR IGNORANCE FROM THE ROOFTOPS IS FAR MORE OFFENSIVE ...

DO NOT TRY AND MAKE YOURSELF AN INNOCENT IN THIS ... AND NO THE THREAD HAS NOT DIED, IT HAS EVOLVED!

B_DEATHbyCARROT

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NO YOU ARE WRONG ... IT IS NOT MY JOB AS A BLACK MAN TO TEACH YOU IT IS YOUR DUTY AS A WHITE MAN TO EDUCATE YOURSELF, TO CULTURE YOURSELF SO THAT YOU DO NOT OFFEND PEOPLE WITH IGNORANT QUESTIONS SUCH AS THE ONE YOU ASKED IN INITIATING THIS THREAD. TATTOO INK IS OFTEN RECOMMENDED BY THE TATTOO ARTIST AS MINE WAS WHEN I GOT IT AND MY INK JUST HAPPENS TO BE DARK ON DARK SKIN. YOU ARE INCREDIBLY IGNORANT. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU ASKING A RACE QUESTION AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH YOU ASKING AN IGNORANT QUESTION. PLEASE RE-READ YOUR QUESTION AND THEN TELL ME YOU THINK IT IS COMPLETELY INOFFENSIVE TO BLACK PEOPLE. YOU MADE IT A RACIAL ISSUE BECAUSE YOU ASKED ABOUT 'BLACK' PEOPLE AND YOU ASKED ABOUT 'BLACK' SKIN. IMMEDIATELY IT BECOMES AN ISSUE OF RACE. IT ALSO BECAME AN ISSUE OF IGNORANCE WITH THE MERE FACT YOU ASKED THE QUESTION IMPLYING YOU WERE UNAWARE OF THE ANSWER. YOU CAN WHISPER THE WORD BLACK AS MUCH AS YOU LIKE BUT SHOUTING YOUR IGNORANCE FROM THE ROOFTOPS IS FAR MORE OFFENSIVE ...

DO NOT TRY AND MAKE YOURSELF AN INNOCENT IN THIS ... AND NO THE THREAD HAS NOT DIED, IT HAS EVOLVED!

Please do not speak as if you are the voice of all Black people. I was not offended by the question and was actually curious as to the answer myself... I don't think his question came from a place of hatred at all.

I think curiosity should be encouraged as long as it's healthy...

sweatyblackballs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Please do not speak as if you are the voice of all Black people. I was not offended by the question and was actually curious as to the answer myself... I don't think his question came from a place of hatred at all.

I think curiosity should be encouraged as long as it's healthy...

I was not speaking as the voice of all black people. If you think that was th case , then so be it. However, you are incorrect. If I speak so powerfully it troubles you then that is great. That you were curious as to the answer does not negate the fact that the question was ignorant and racist. Your opinion is your opinion. Mine is mine.