Black people dont care about George W. Bush

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Dr. Dilznick, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Bush popularity keeps dropping
    13/10/2005 08:11 - (SA)

Washington - Support for the majority Republican party in the United States is sagging as President George W. Bush's popularity continues to slide, according to a poll released on Wednesday.

A plurality of Americans, 48%, said they would prefer the Democrats to control Congress compared to 39% who want the Republicans in power, said the poll commissioned by United States television channel NBC and the Wall Street Journal.

The gap between the two parties was the largest recorded since the NBC/Journal poll started asking the question 11 years ago.

The Republicans hold a majority in both houses of Congress and face mid-term elections next year amid growing public concern over the war in Iraq and high energy prices.

The poll showed Bush's approval ratings dropping to 39%, the lowest of his presidency in the NBC/Journal surveys. Other polls have shown a similar decline with Bush's ratings falling below the 40% threshold in recent weeks.

Anxious about Bush's plunging poll numbers, Republicans in Congress have begun to break ranks and defied the White House on important issues.

The poll also revealed overwhelming opposition to Bush among African-Americans. Only two percent said they approved of his performance as president, the lowest level ever recorded in that category, NBC television reported.

According to the survey, US voters are anxious about rising gas and energy costs, with a majority saying they expected prices to increase further.

Investigations of prominent Republican lawmakers also appear to pose a threat for Bush's party.

Sixty-five percent said charges against Bush ally and former majority leader of the House of Representatives, Tom DeLay, suggested potential illegal activity.

A majority of 57% said an investigation into possible insider trading by the majority leader in the Senate, Bill Frist, indicated possible wrongdoing.

The poll, based on interviews with 807 adults, was conducted between October 8 and October 10 and had a margin of error of 3.4 percentage points.

2. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

What percentage of the black vote did he get in 2004? 13 or something?

3. Matthew

Gold Member

I don't care about George W. Bush either, does that mean I'm Black?

His approval rating among me is less than 2%, however.

4. Sabln7

Sabln7 New Member

I am a Texan who lives near Midland. I have always hated George Bush, the citizen who with his brothers raped the taxpayers with their failed Silverado Savings debacle (which seems to never be discussed any more. I guess they have buried it somewhere.) I hated George Bush the Compassionate Conservative governor for many reasons but primarily for what he did to education in Texas, and I really hate George Bush the president for all of the reasons on all of the blogs. He is lower than 2% with me. Can an approval rating be a negative number?

5. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

"The poll, based on interviews with 807 adults, was conducted between October 8 and October 10 and had a margin of error of 3.4 percentage points."

So it could possibly be -1.4 percent. I'm not a Bush hater, though.

6. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

I am a Texan who lives near Midland. I have always hated George Bush, the citizen who with his brothers raped the taxpayers with their failed Silverado Savings debacle (which seems to never be discussed any more. I guess they have buried it somewhere.) I hated George Bush the Compassionate Conservative governor for many reasons but primarily for what he did to education in Texas, and I really hate George Bush the president for all of the reasons on all of the blogs. He is lower than 2% with me. Can an approval rating be a negative number?
    [post=351800]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Or how his profit from the sale of the Texas Rangers was mostly based on a new taxpayer-funded stadium. I guess that's small potatoes compared to the other stuff.

7. Matthew

Gold Member

Or how his profit from the sale of the Texas Rangers was mostly based on a new taxpayer-funded stadium. I guess that's small potatoes compared to the other stuff.
    [post=351919]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    Dubya -- all potatoes, no meat.

8. GoneA

Gold Member

Maybe you are black, Matthew. Change is often unexpected and inevitable.

9. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Its no wonder why people dont like him.

He's recruiting all his Cronies and putting them in political positions FOR illegal activity and insider trading.

Thats his goal, to rip off the american public as much as possible.
    So Far he's done a great job of it.
    Everybody knows it, but nobody seems to want to do anything...
    Why?

10. invisibleman

Gold Member

I don't really understand this. Why even talk about Bush? He won. We are stuck with him until 2008. He will always be in the political game in some shape or fashion anyway. And filthy rich. Still on vacation. I think that majority of Black people voted for Bush because of Kerry's stance on the gay marriage issue. Bush scared America sh-tless about that issue. My sister voted for Bush over that issue. Today, her husband gives her holy hell over it, too. Everytime something Bush does that is really f--ked up. He lets her know the guy she voted for did that. People say America voted and we got our President. That's true. I didn't vote for either of the Bushes. I voted Kerry. I rest peacefully. I have no problems with who I voted for.
    I voted. Even though I am gay, I never ever wanted to marry another man. I still have problems dating guys. Marrying them was always a long shot. That's the honest truth. One of my straight male friends had gotten married young and his wife divorced him after his retirement. Took a substantial chunk of his retirement funds in the divorce and spent all of that money. He literally is starting over. I don't think he particularly digs marriage either. The person love and marry today may not be there for you tomorrow. Invisibleman :beer: :beer: :beer: :argh:

11. Dorset

Dorset New Member

Albums:
    Now if only more of the Black community went out to vote!
    I read before the last election that black voter turn out in America is far below that of White voter turn out

Maybe if they voted more then the Republicans would care more about how they treated them

12. KinkGuy

Gold Member

What would be even nicer is if they had just honestly counted the ballots that had actually been cast. (see Ohio, Florida). The black community voted in the largest numbers in recent history. It just didn't do any good...since the votes were voided, mis-counted and not recorded, if they actually were able to vote at all. Facts are irrelevant, however.

13. fredlet

fredlet New Member

Albums:
    [post=351919]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

Small potatoes, for a top banana like Bush. His short-selling of oil stocks when he was set up in that business aroused the SEC, but it's amazing what happens when your daddy is the president.

Bush and pals created that Texas Sports Commission (or whatever its ad hoc name was) so Bush could steal the land to build on. Again, small stuff for a guy who went on to the literally unlistable crimes he's perpetrated after becoming our mountain-biking prez. After all the blood and dust settles from this administration, he's probably going to need loyalists on the supreme court.

During the Nuremburg trials, American citizens were aghast at the German citizenry..after all, 'Mein Kampf' had been published in the '30s, before they elected Hitler. Bush has just as long a paper trail, but few care to view it. History will.

Just an aside..did anyone notice how rough W looked during the last part of the Katrina thing? Lends credence to the rumors that he's gone back to the bottle.

14. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

I do a fair job of avoiding any looking at him, both tv and newspapers, fredlet, so NO! But, hopefully, you're right.

Luke

15. Yummy

Yummy New Member

My default answer on Bush. . .I voted (female and black) and Kerry got my state!!! Too bad that fucker Bush stole the whole damned election though grr [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. REVELATI0N

REVELATI0N New Member

As far as his business ethics go prior to becoming our president... what business man isnt a crook or does things to better their own situation. He knew how to make money. 95% of texas supports him... so it must not have been too bad.

17. JustAsking

Gold Member

Yummy,
    I can relate completely to your frustration, living in Ohio. My comment, though, is that your posting is made funnier by the failed html tags causing the titles of the graphics and tokens to be readable. It's like a modern version of the comic book obscenity tokens (e.g. "@#$%^%&*").

JustAsking

18. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Well, uh, getting back to the original topic of this thread... of course black people don't care about George W Bush, it's only natural. He doesn't care about black people. Well, maybe except Clarence Thomas and Condolezza Rice. But they aren't really black. The only real black people are those lazy, poor folks down in New Orleans. And just like dubya, it steams me that they didn't hop into their Lincoln Navigators and Cadillac Escalades and get out before the storm hit, and stay in the Westin Hotel in downtown Dallas. They would have been safe there, and it's only $250 per night. Lazy poor black people. It's their own fault they got stuck. Dammit.

19. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

Why did you delete your post, Madame Zora? Please continue with the Bush-bashing.

20. invisibleman

Gold Member

DC--
    Black people don't care about Bush but they were wondering who is the bootylicious jiggly booty girl with the white fishnets in Dr. Dilsinik's avatar? Make her President and the men in her cabinet will stand erected in salute. America the Bootifull. Hehehehehe.

Draft saved Draft deleted