black president or female president

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Next year for the first time in history we may have a black president or a female president. Do you think this is important for the US?

I screwed this up. Meant to do it as a poll and I can't change it now. :rolleyes:

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It could be important for the US so we don't look like sexist racist bastards anymore!

It is a step in the right direction. But other countries have had black or female leaders before. It is about time the US stepped in line.

I'm not sure if the world considers us racist or sexist, but other countries have had black and female leaders.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think it would be a good thing for the US to have a black president or a female president, because it may help to decrease racism and sexism here. However, Hillary is my least favorite of the Democratic candidates. It isn't because she's a woman (I'm about as egalitarian as they come on that!!!), but I think a lot of people hate her because she's a Clinton, and she would not be electable. Plus on that "Pick your candidate according to the issues" quiz, she came in last as a matchup for me of the Democratic candidates. I think a different woman would be a better candidate. Not really sure who though..I'm not all that familiar with many of the women in Congress. One I really do like is the representative from Indianapolis, Julia Carson (and she's both a woman and black), but she has health problems that would probably interfere with any consideration of candidacy.

I like Obama though, and he was one of my top candidates on the "pick your candidate" quiz.

Sixofspades

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not opposed to a woman or a black being president, I just don't think either Hilary or Obama is right for the job. I will say that I don't think the bulk of the country is ready for it though, so it probably won't happen this time around.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think its important for black people and women but, i dont think Obama has the experience he'd need to run a country even though hes very likeable, I m leaning toward Clinton because we get 2 for 1. It all could change and anything is better than a republican.

You did okay Italian978!

D_Geffarde Phartsmeller

Experimental Member
Media
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease don't make it about black v. female. Look at the individual candidates and what they plan on doing. If you think Edwards or Giuliani is the best choice, select one of them. Don't default to Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama simply because they're minorities and it's about time. I agree, a non-white president is long overdo but I'll be damned if I vote for someone because of something that should be meaningless. It's unfair to them, as well. Do you really think either want to be elected simply because of gender or race? That belittles there position.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd like to think that the most important criteria for the the next US president is that that are qualified for the job. Things such as gender and/or skin colour should surely be a secondary considerations, at best. If only it were so.

From what I've seen (From a distance) none of the candidates really excel in meeting the first criteria which, worryingly, suggests the election may well focus too much onthe candidates gender and/or skin colour rather than their fitness for the position.

Still, it would be a noteworthy feat to excel less than the present inmate, sorry, President.

lorne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i think what is a better question is good or bad, the search should be for the strongest candidate not the most racey possibility

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
... It isn't because she's a woman (I'm about as egalitarian as they come on that!!!), but I think a lot of people hate her because she's a Clinton, and she would not be electable. ...
I think she might be electable. The reason I say that is: I'm one of those who didn't like her when she was First Lady. But now some qualities I didn't like then -- "driven," "egotistical" -- would be right for a Presidential candidate. I've gotten to where I now like her.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think it would be a good thing for the US to have a black president or a female president, because it may help to decrease racism and sexism here.

It would be interesting to see if anything would change for blacks or women.

I'm not opposed to a woman or a black being president, I just don't think either Hilary or Obama is right for the job. I will say that I don't think the bulk of the country is ready for it though, so it probably won't happen this time around.

I think Mrs. Clinton is more qualified than Obama and I agree that I don't think the country is ready for it. Sadly, women and blacks are still minorities any way you slice it.

I think its important for black people and women but, i dont think Obama has the experience he'd need to run a country even though hes very likeable, I m leaning toward Clinton because we get 2 for 1. It all could change and anything is better than a republican.

It is good that this is happening in our history, but I agree that Clinton would make a better president than Obama because it is like getting a two for one. A former president would be advising her more than he would care to admit.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease don't make it about black v. female. Look at the individual candidates and what they plan on doing. If you think Edwards or Giuliani is the best choice, select one of them. Don't default to Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama simply because they're minorities and it's about time. I agree, a non-white president is long overdo but I'll be damned if I vote for someone because of something that should be meaningless. It's unfair to them, as well. Do you really think either want to be elected simply because of gender or race? That belittles there position.

It is belittling and we should vote for the best choice. You can be sure that people are going to vote for Mrs. Clinton because she is a woman, and for Obama because he is black. And a lot of Oprah fans will vote for Obama because they worship her and figure Oprah knows what she's talking about. Many people will not do the research themselves as far as issues go. They'll ask a friend or relative who they are voting for and do the same. And in some cases a person will vote for someone endorsed by their favorite celebrity.

I'd like to think that the most important criteria for the the next US president is that that are qualified for the job. Things such as gender and/or skin colour should surely be a secondary considerations, at best. If only it were so.
Gender and skin color should be secondary to qualifications, but we still have issues with both.

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I really don't think it matters at this point. No matter who we put into the office, there is going to be a hell of a lot of work to do to dig us out of this social and financial 'hole'. I personally don't like any of the candidates running...

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
II agree that Clinton would make a better president than Obama because it is like getting a two for one. A former president would be advising her more than he would care to admit.

You can be sure that people are going to vote for Mrs. Clinton because she is a woman, and for Obama because he is black. And a lot of Oprah fans will vote for Obama because they worship her and figure Oprah knows what she's talking about. Many people will not do the research themselves as far as issues go. They'll ask a friend or relative who they are voting for and do the same. And in some cases a person will vote for someone endorsed by their favorite celebrity.

Gender and skin color should be secondary to qualifications, but we still have issues with both.

I think its important for black people and women but, i dont think Obama has the experience he'd need to run a country even though hes very likeable, I m leaning toward Clinton because we get 2 for 1. It all could change and anything is better than a republican.!

Ugh. People like this ought to have their voting rights revoked...not because of your choice of candidate, but your (lack of) rationale for choosing one.