black president or female president

Shelby

Experimental Member
Media
I like Barack Obama a lot but I don't think he can wrestle the nomination away from Hillary. And by nominating Sen. Clinton the democratic party will have accomplished the seemingly impossible - put probably the only unelectable (in our present anti-republican political climate) candidate out there to lose a general election that was theirs for the taking.

Unbelievable.

At this point my money's on Huckabee. A preacher President :eek:! I bet that scares the pants off of (or should that be back on to :tongue:) some people.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It could be important for the US so we don't look like sexist racist bastards anymore!
What difference does it make how we look when there are so many sexist racist people here? Personally I don't care if our President is black, white, green with purple polka-dots, male, or female...I vote for who I think will uphold the issues that are important to me.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Next year for the first time in history we may have a black president or a female president.
Or, if he can generate a little-make that a lot- more interest; the U.S. could have the first Hispanic president in Bill Richardson (his mother was Mexican)
Do you think this is important for the US?
I do not feel that what the person is as far as ethnicity or gender should be the deciding factor. I'd much rather have a qualified individual than someone who has no ability to handle the responsibility of the office for which they are running.

From the early days I have been a supporter of Bill Richardson and he comes with a great number of assets.

Richardson has been Governor of New Mexico since 2003, prior to that, he was Secretary of Energy under Bill Clinton and an Ambassador to the U.N. from 1997-1998, also under Clinton. Additionally he served in Congress from 1983-1997. No other candidate has such a broad range of involvement in so many areas of government.

To learn more visit: Richardson for President

D

deleted15807

Either will likely be assassinated.

And Bush get's to live. Isn't that amazing?

I always find it interesting that Obama is 'black'. If he were to fly to Brazil he would be mulatto. Presto he's not black anymore.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I have no complaint of his color.... I just do not like his name....too terriorist sounding for me. I would vote for Colin Powell if he ran. As for Hillary......I'm afraid of her. Rudy would have been my pick however I am undecided now. I don't want to vote for anyone that will set gay progress back.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Comic relief aside, why do you continue to interject your ignorant remarks on American politics?

Do you honestly think that if nobody in this apathetic nation has taken out GWB by now (a fact that continues to amaze me) that either Clinton or Obama would inspire that level of determined enmity in someone?

Get a clue.

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ugh. People like this ought to have their voting rights revoked...not because of your choice of candidate, but your (lack of) rationale for choosing one.

I didnt say i'd vote for either one myself, get your facts straight bubba. I hope people like you dont even vote, your Ir-rational at least on these threads

B_Monster

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Comic relief aside, why do you continue to interject your ignorant remarks on American politics?

Do you honestly think that if nobody in this apathetic nation has taken out GWB by now (a fact that continues to amaze me) that either Clinton or Obama would inspire that level of determined enmity in someone?

Get a clue.

Dont get a clue, get some Metamusil!!!

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Yikes!

And Bush get's to live. Isn't that amazing?

He's never been shot at. Reagan had one assassination attempt and Ford had two. And we know what happened to Kennedy, Lincoln and others.

I always find it interesting that Obama is 'black'. If he were to fly to Brazil he would be mulatto. Presto he's not black anymore.

Yeah. I don't understand the "if you have one drop of black blood, you're black". He is mulatto.

Women are a minority? Since when?

They can vote and have high profile jobs unlike years ago, but look at the head of corporations or politics and it's still a man's world.

I have no complaint of his color.... I just do not like his name....too terriorist sounding for me.

When he first started to get a name for himself, a dj on a station I listen to kept calling him Hussein. I thought it was some kind of joke until I found out that is indeed his middle name.

wvp

Admired Member
Media
There are several candidates I like .... and several I dislike. I'm going to wait a while, study all the data, and pick the best candidate regardless of gender, race, etc.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We'll have made bigger strides in the right direction when we get an outspokenly atheist president, a non-partisan non-party-affiliated president, or one not in the pocket of corporate America. but we'll take what we can get.

Agreed, but this won't happen in my lifetime...

D

deleted15807

We'll have made bigger strides in the right direction when we get an outspokenly atheist president, a non-partisan non-party-affiliated president, or one not in the pocket of corporate America. but we'll take what we can get.

Humans will have to envolve to a much higher life form before that happens.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

Get a clue.

Thank God no one has thought of doing such a dastardly deed on the President. Long May He Live. The idea of President Cheney scares the crap out of me,

sweatyblackballs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What effect will this have on the world? You guys are a huge superpower. If only they could be seen as Presidential candidates first, and not as black and female ... Should be interesting ... I cannot wait!