black president or female president

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What effect will this have on the world? You guys are a huge superpower. If only they could be seen as Presidential candidates first, and not as black and female ... Should be interesting ... I cannot wait!

I think we are fast approaching that possibility, if not in this election, in the next. I also think that we would possibly see a black male president before we see a female president.

I am not sure why I think that, though. It might be because city government has come to have a large proportion of black males in leadership roles. So we are used to seeing black mayors and such.

Much like getting a job promotion, those who make the decision have to be able to imagine you doing the job. After seeing black men in local politics, perhaps we now have a "frame" in which we can imagine a black man as a president.

Its too bad its all so irrational and as a country we manage to disenfranchise over half of the population wholesale (black man and all women) when it comes to employing talented people. The rest of the world seems to have gotten past this, at least when it comes to women as heads of state.

Until we think differently, this will continue to not be the land of opportunity for perhaps 3/4 of the population.

dhsdad

Experimental Member
Media
It's interesting to see the debates and comments regarding this topic. I like it when people say that Obama is not qualified, but you people voted Bush in twice..???

It makes my skin stand on end when white Americans say words like "blacks".

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Next year for the first time in history we may have a black president or a female president. Do you think this is important for the US?
I screwed this up. Meant to do it as a poll and I can't change it now. :rolleyes:
Of course it is! It's monumental. If it weren't people would not have such polarized opinions.

Either will likely be assassinated.
Not with the right vice president. :smile: I'm convinced that's the only reason GWB is still here. The thought of Pres. Dick Cheney is just far to horrific!

And Bush get's to live. Isn't that amazing?
I always find it interesting that Obama is 'black'. If he were to fly to Brazil he would be mulatto. Presto he's not black anymore.
FWIW - Mulatto's aren't exactly loved here either. Also mulatto pretty much went out of the lexicon with spats.

Women are a minority? Since when?
Since always silly. :tongue::confused: Women are included with people of color in the Civil Rights Amendment and EEO Policy. EE0-Equal Employment Opportunity. It's the reason white women started entering the workplace en masse in the early 1970's.

I have no complaint of his color.... I just do not like his name....too terriorist sounding for me.You have got to be kidding me!?!? :aargh4: I would vote for Colin Powell if he ran. Insert inappropriate joke here, about the gay man liking the man named Colin.:rolleyes: As for Hillary......I'm afraid of her. Why? Is her dick bigger than yours? :tongue:Rudy would have been my pick however I am undecided now. I don't want to vote for anyone that will set gay progress back.
You think Rudy Guiliani was the best choice of the republicans?!?!? ROTFLMAO You honestly believe he cares about gay rights or anybody elses? :eek::rolleyes: :aargh4: :mad: That was comic relief . . . right? Or did you want my head to explode?:confused:

Comic relief aside, why do you continue to interject your ignorant remarks on American politics?

Do you honestly think that if nobody in this apathetic nation has taken out GWB by now (a fact that continues to amaze me) that either Clinton or Obama would inspire that level of determined enmity in someone? Get a clue.
They would do it for spite; some people are hateful at their core. The best thing Barack or Hillary could do to ensure they live out their term is to appoint a Puerto Rican Vice President. :cool:

There are several candidates I like .... and several I dislike. I'm going to wait a while, study all the data, and pick the best candidate regardless of gender, race, etc.
Good luck with that. :cool:

It's interesting to see the debates and comments regarding this topic. I like it when people say that Obama is not qualified, but you people voted Bush in twice..???

It makes my skin stand on end when white Americans say words like "blacks".

The unqualified comments are due to his youth and the fact it's been a long time since we have elected a president who hasn't at least been a governor of a state. Not saying I agree just trying to explain.

As for your last sentence what would you prefer white Americans call us? :confused: Black is the most decent thing I've been called by some of them in decades.

auncut10in

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am so sick of special interests running our government that I have decided to not vote for any candidate that has opted out of the government subsidy so they can raise unlimited amounts of money. I know that all candidates take money from special interests, but I am not going to vote for someone that is beholding to countless corporations to the tune of millions. They are not governing for the good of America, they are governing for the good of special interests. I will also not vote for someone who thinks religion should be part of government. I want a president to be spiritual, but not have some religious agenda that usurps civil rights and our constitution. Race, sex, are irrelevant to me.

How many times have you thought that you could do a better job at running this country than some politician that has had years of experience. If experience is so important, then I have to ask you, did George Bush do a better job since the last election. After all, he had 4 years as actual experience as president. I would like to vote for Genna Davis, or that guy Dave the accountant that found himself running the government. Barak is looking pretty good to me so far.

tim36

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Personally in my own opinion I dont think the country as whole is ready just yet to have a black president, (I may be wrong down the line, as this Election 2008 year plays out, its still in its early to mid stages), but I think this country will elect a woman president before it will elect a black president. Just my view on this.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Next year for the first time in history we may have a black president or a female president. Do you think this is important for the US?

I screwed this up. Meant to do it as a poll and I can't change it now. :rolleyes:

I think we should have several blacks to choose from and several woman as well, i don`t like the idea of having only one black man or one woman to choose from. That doesn`t seem like a democracy to me.
I say this because there might be a better qualified black man or woman, and if we vote just to get them into office as a first we could be making a big mistake.

lafever:cool:

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
One of them is going to be the next president. I will say this though, this certain female, lol, let's call her Hillary, has the experience, is tough as nails, and I feel more secure under her than a rookie. Don't get me wrong, I like Barack Obama, but the security problem, over the speeches about hope, is what scores for Hillary, and not for him. I have watched her in every debate, literally wipe the floors with her opponents. I will be voting for her in the primary. Like I said, I don't dislike either, but the experience issue is a big thing for me. I also wouldn't vote for anyone based on gender or race. Hillary being a woman is cool, but she trumps gender. She has what it takes, and it's been 35 years in the making.

cocktaste

Superior Member
Media
Chadds Ford Township, PA, United States of America
Personally in my own opinion I dont think the country as whole is ready just yet to have a black president, (I may be wrong down the line, as this Election 2008 year plays out, its still in its early to mid stages), but I think this country will elect a woman president before it will elect a black president. Just my view on this.

Honestly, I feel exactly the same way. People will vote for Hillary over Obama in two seconds. His non-experience is going to be the bigger issue as well. Both combined are trouble.

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
And people call The Shrub stupid. Cheney is the BEST life insurance policy any president has EVER had.

Thinking along the line of assasination insurance policies.... how about this? A black male or female president has a female or black male vice president and an ultra-liberal female as third in line.

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've heard more than a few times that the best way to guarantee a Republican will win the election, is for Hillary to be the Democratic nominee...and I know quite a few Democrats myself who absolutely cannot Stand the woman.

As for Obama....he needs a lot more experience.....seems sincere and personable in interviews....
However, he will not recite the Pledge of Allegiance to our flag.....and does not acknowledge it.
For that reason alone...he does not belong in the White House.
For me, that is simply unacceptable.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...As for Obama....he needs a lot more experience.....seems sincere and personable in interviews....
However, he will not recite the Pledge of Allegiance to our flag.....and does not acknowledge it.
For that reason alone...he does not belong in the White House.
For me, that is simply unacceptable.

You spreading lies about extremely qualified and sincere presidential candidates is for me, "simply unacceptable".

Watch this video closely at 1:42
Wath this video at 1:38

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thinking along the line of assasination insurance policies.... how about this? A black male or female president has a female or black male vice president and an ultra-liberal female as third in line.
I think this is highly likely. I think there is a high possibility that Obama would choose Hillary as a running mate. And there is a reasonable possibility that Hillary would choose Obama as a running mate. Those two camps to not have a big history of animosity like other Democratic camps (Kerry and the Clintons, for example).

jtmony

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Everyone is saying "we need someone who is qualified for the job. How do you qualify for the US Presidency today? Our country (and the world for that matter) has never been in its current state. NEVER. The next president will have to simultaneously (re)solve Global economic turmoil, international disconnects with Europe, Asia, Africa, and Mexico, global war on terrorism, battle a US recession and Mortgage crisis, fight wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, resolve growing tension with Iran, bring peace in Israel, get a handle on the US oil dependency, and the list goes on. Please name one President that has had to deal with so much in a 4 or 8 term presidency. None of the candidates (on either side) has that much experience. In our history of presidents, the President is traditionally surrounded by advisors (subject matter experts) and his cabinet. Hillary's time on the Senate has not given her that type of experience. Her husband's 8 years in office is not experience as a President. Neither does being the Mayor of NY give you experience to be the President of the US. NY, DC and the Nation dealt with tragedy on 9/11. Does that make the Mayor of DC and NY equally qualified to be the President of the US? NO. Our federally elected officials have not gotten one substantial law enacted in 8-10 years. No one wants to break party lines when the issues at hand are more important that politics. We have to elect a president who is willing and able to bring our nation back together. Will you make everyone happy, no, but we have to do something. We're currently at a 50/50 split as a nation on some very key issues: Immigration, Healthcare, Social Security, and the state of our Economy. Which candidate can begin to bring our nation together while equally resolving other issues....well that's to be determined. I know my vote will not be based on Race or Gender. It will be based on who can strategically put the US interest ahead of politics.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not particularly political but I think the American president has a particularly tough job to be pleasing to the majority just because of the huge and very different groups (both economic and ethnic) there are in America. A president is supposed to represent the majority of the people and while he might win the majority of the vote the groups within American society are so huge that even the smallest minority there can have a voice that's well heard. A woman president might be offensive to certain groups, a black president might be unacceptable to conservatives in certain areas, a president who's a bit of a redneck would be acceptable to black people, the middle classes and a number of other groups. Not sure if I conveyed what I meant on that.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That's it in a nutshell, SP. :smile: We probably should have more than one president to appease all of us. :cool: A black one, a gay one, a Christian, an atheist, a Jew, a woman, etc. :biggrin1: Even then, it wouldn't work. :rolleyes: