black president or female president

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"http://apnews.excite.com/article/20080115/D8U61CQG0.html"

And then they both back off and realize they both sound like a couple of candidates vieing to be the President of the Special Olympics. It was a subject neither wins a debate over and when they spend that much effort and energy pointing at each other and accusing each other of sexism or racism asthe case fits, either card is a losing card when played. It sounds so much like:

Boo hoo, I'm not going to be the Democratic nominee for President because I'm a woman. Or Boo hoo, I'm not going to be the Democratic nominee for President because I'm black.

Please, both these two are privileged and at this stage manipulate anyone they come in contact with. I'm surprised either can find someone that doesn't see them coming a mile away and runs for cover/safety. No wonder nothing gets done in Washington DC any more, we have buildings full of these types and every 4 years they throw a handful of them from each party and make us choose/vote between the 2 of them. I really don't know what the truth is about any of them anymore. Do any of them really know what/how bad their lives ever were ? Obama's supposed to come from this broken home, I really wonder how broken it was, what he had to do that he got a pass on to get into a position to be where he is today ? That is running for President, it just doesn't happen that's for sure and I think to a large extent we're tired of hearing that all-American story. Politicians and so on are corrupt and their moral compass broken/warped. Spin on events and puffery in promotional marketing is what it's about, whether it's Hillary or Barack. In another 5 years we'll be no better off than we are today. Promises made and promises broken, only they're just "in an ideal world" promises.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I receivd one of those informative chain letters via email today:

Subject: FW: Barack Obama

This is very interesting - please take a few moments and read it.
<B>

Who is Barack Obama?

Something that should be considered when you make your choice.

If you do not ever forward anything else, please forward this to all

your contacts...it is very scary to think of what could lie ahead for us

here in our own United States...better heed this and pray about it and share it.

We checked this out on ' snopes.com <
</B>
http://snopes.com/>; '. It is factual. Check for yourself.

Who is Barack Obama?

Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born

in Honolulu , Hawaii , to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM

from Nyangoma-Kogel , Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white Athiest from

Wichita , Kansas

Obama's parents met at the University of Hawaii When Obama was two

years old, his parents divorced. His father returned to Kenya His mother then married Lolo Soetoro, a RADICAL Muslim from Indonesia When Obama was 6 years old, the family relocated to Indonesia Obama

attended a MUSLIM school in Jakarta He also spent two years in a Catholic school.

Obama takes great care to conceal the fact that he is a Muslim. He is quick to point out that, 'He was once a Muslim, but that he also attended Catholic school.'
Obama's political handlers are attempting to make it appear that that he is not a radical.

Obama's introduction to Islam came via his father, and that this influence was temporary at best. In reality, the senior Obama returned to Kenya soon after the divorce, and never again had any direct

influence over his son's education.

Lolo Soetoro, the second husband of Obama's mother, Ann Dunham, introduced his stepson to Islam. Obama was enrolled in a Wah abi school in Jakarta

Wahabism is the RADICAL ISLAMIC teaching that is followed by the Muslim terrorists who are now waging Jihad against the western world. Since it is politically expedient to be a CHRISTIAN when seeking major

public office in the United States , Barack Hussein Obama has joined the United Church of Christ in an attempt to downplay his Muslim background. ALSO, keep in mind that when he was sworn into office he

DID NOT use the Holy Bible, but instead the Koran.

Barack Hussein Obama will NOT recite the Pledge of Allegience nor
will he show any reverence for our flag. While others place their hands over their hearts, Obama turns his back to the flag and slouches.

Let us all remain alert concerning Obama's expected presidential candidacy.

The Muslims have said they plan on destroying the US from the inside out, what better way to start than at the highest level - through the President of the United States , one of their own!!!!

Please forward to everyone you know. Would you want this man leading

our country?...... NOT ME!!!

--

Maury Schuessler

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
It would be good for the outside world to see either, but at this stage, I would say that Hilary cuts a more all round impressive figure.

If she gets in, I'm applying to be one of her interns. :smile:

lucky8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i think to an extent is important, but not THAT important for our citizens. biggots will still be biggots, and sexists will still be sexist. i wouldn't have a problem voting for a woman, but not clinton. thats a really bad idea, she isnt a national leader in my opinion. the only reason theres so much hype surrounding her is because of her last name, much like our current president when he ran for office...but unfortunately, a large percentage of the public votes merely because they can, not because they believe.

bek2335

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I am so appalled by what members of the Republican party have done since Ronald Reagan on, that I don't care if a Bulldog is running on the Democratic ticket - I'll vote for the bulldog.
That's not to say I'm very pro-Democrat. Lots of them are total dirtbags. But they are still the Lesser of the Evils.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
You guys have probably already covered it.

At the state of Emergency that the US is in right now, I think we need to Elect blindly and focus on what the Facts are for who has experience doing what.

From what I've seen Obama relates well with Minorities. He talks big, and tells people what they want to hear. Experience - Zero.

Clinton - Probably the most electable as she has experience in the white house...AND....the people will get back who they liked... Bill.
Although, The administration and surrounding entities will have to Do Their Job - meaning keeping close eye on where the money is going.

Romney - Mixed emotions on that character. It seems that he goes from state to state preying on their highest troubles, then makes promises.

All are big politics really.
I just hope people wake up, and start standing up to be counted.

iio

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'm really torn btwn the two. First and foremost I think they are both qualified to run this country. Just because one is a woman and the other is an African American makes it a giant plus in my book. This will allow me to vote in history.

We need to stop listening to the pundits because they are shaping our politics. Whose more likable? whose more electable? all that is crap. Don't listen to them. Vote on who you would want to see in the Oval Office.

Hillary is great. She has Bill who I loved. He did so much for this country. A non partisan research group said he got more done in his 8 years than the previous 3 presidents combined. In his book he often mentioned how Hillary would be in many of the meetings and how he would ask her for her opinion. He said she is usually right most of the time. For me health care is the number one issue in the campaign. Iraq, economy, social security, school, all that means nothing when you sick and there's nothing anyone can do. Hillary was the only person who was brave enough to take on health care. No one has touched it with a 10 foot pole since. And this was in '93.

Then we have Barack who is a refreshing change. We need to change and shake things up in Washington DC. He's smart, articulate, and what's even more important he has a vision for this country. Everyone else has policies. He has a vision of the social problems and the vision to move us forward. I don't appreciate the pundits spinning his lack of experience. He was president of a Harvard law group, was a state and national senator. He fought for civil rights as a young lawyer. He's on the foreign affair committee. We had presidents who were mayors and governors who had executive experience but did nothing to change the country. Bill Clinton was on of the youngest president to be elected and he did a marvelous job because he had a vision for his administration.

So there you have it. Torn btwn two incredible candidates. Either one in the White House would make me proud!

B_phe1249

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think the U.S. is ready to elect either a women or black President. We have a current administration with more minorites than any other in our history and most have done a good job.
I wont vote for either one. Obama lacks experience as does HIllary. Id like to see someone get elected who has had a job in the private sector.
If I here about "change" again Im going to vomit. Really folks what do you think they are going to change? The two party system? Pork Barrel politics? There will be no change as the state of the goverment has taken 50yrs to get this fucked up.. it will take another 50 to fix it.