Black Vs. Brown.

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by D_Leotols Toy, Sep 22, 2009.

1. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

So I've read many articles on fashion about how this is a big no-no! But I don't get why. To me if done tastefully, it looks good. I only have one friend who objects whole-heartedly and she detest every time I wear it.

So the other day I wore some brown, more like chocolate skinny jeans, with a dark green/black button down shirt. Topped off with some black nike low tops. In my eyes, it looked good and complimented well, and others thought so too, but she like freaked out and was like ughh what are you wearing?! Given that I'm not THAT into fashion, I've always considered myself somewhat stylish.

So what do you guys personally think?? There are days when I'll match shirts with shoes, and times when I think not matching (tastefully) looks just as good.

Also what are your opinions on High tops and skinny jeans. I usually wear levi 511's with high tops, but just bought 2 pairs of levi 510's and the black nikes were my only pair of low tops.

2. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    In the immortal words of designer Alan Flusser:

3. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

I like brown. :'(. I'll take my chances against the words of designers.

4. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

If people say to me that brown and green are a bad combination, just tell them to look at the nature outside. Brown isn't a bad color, but it isn't a color that suits everyone. And more important, brown isn't a color many prefer.

5. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

Yea very true. I think it gives off a natural look personally. I'm not a fan of brown too much, but these pants are the perfect shade of brown and fit. Can't pass em up.

6. Symphonic

Gold Member

Albums:

You're a man. Men and women do not see the same things. You might look like a giant poop to her.

7. hungitaliano

hungitaliano New Member

i think what u described sounds great

was the shirt a solid color or a pattern?
    was the shirt tucked in or out?

perhaps she is conservative and doesnt like skinny jeans?

regarding skinny jeans and hi-tops are ok depending on how high and wide the shoes are..and how tight the jeans are at your ankle.. a med-top shoe would work

8. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

Well all my other female friends liked it and didn't give a shit. I don't wear skin tight, just enough for the boys to have some room and a little leg room. I sag slightly, too.
    It's a patterned shirt, it's a converse dark forest green (almost black) with thin plaid lines of black. Not a pattern that screams at you though. Nice and subtle. I always wear skinny jeans so I don't think it's that (she's wanted my dick since like 6th grade). Tucked out for a casual look. I always dress casual unless a scenario calls for otherwise.

The hi-tops are Nike SB Dunks. I own like 5 pairs of those, and one pair of nike 6.0 low tops. They're not too wide or too fat.

I remember back in my skating days, I'd wear like a light brown/tan t shirt with some black pants and she flipped out then too. She just opposes the brown/black combination, which in my opinion is stupid unless you're not bold enough to take risks with clothes.

9. matticus201

matticus201 Member

Albums:
    I'm personally a fan of earthtones, so I applaud the use of brown. I like browns, but I'm not sure about in a pant, unless it's a dress pant, and the right shade. Personally, it sounds like the shirt might have been a bit too close to black. Black and brown, to me, don't go together. Those jeans you're describing sound cool though.

10. Heads_Up

Heads_Up New Member

I personally think it what you are wearing to be exact. There could be some ugly browns and there could be some nice browns. Different hues of brown may look good with black. You just have to look at it that way, sometimes.

I would have to say the same thing as your friend...I think that people should not wear Tennis Shoes --> aka jogging shoes with Jeans etc. They were meant to do exercise in. Jeans and Tennis shoes...are a no-no. Maybe you should try to look at different styles...Pumas are ok though.

11. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

Maybe I'll post a pic and let you be the judge of the shades and hues, because it seems enough of a contrast with the green and brown, not to be too much. But what do I know.
    Jeans and Tennis shoes? Considering they're skate shoes, I'd have to disagree. Personally pumas are too skinny for my liking. I don't want to look like I taper from big to small (being my feet).

#11 D_Leotols Toy, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2009
  12. vergax

vergax Member

Albums:
    Personally, since about 2-3 years ago, dark brown became the new black and your outfit colours match quite sucessfully.

But the style of your clothes don't. The shoes don't go with such narrow ankled pants, neither the style shoes-pants.

The shirt would be just ok with the pants, I think.

Furthemore, you dress as you wish, fashion changes according to the trendsetters, who are usually the famous people.

Take Johnny Depp as an example of an unique style who keeps renewing himself and has little to do with mainstream fashion.

To me, those "fashionistas" are just people who copy.
    People with personality and true style dress and reflect how they are on every ocassion.

13. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

The trousers are too long and loose. Your butt hangs inches lower so your legs looks short. And I agree with above, the sneakers aren't right. White sneakers are better and suits most clothes. But still, that girl should not say such thing.
    You have to wear clothes that suits your body, because you have a good body for clothes.

14. hibernian82

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    brown with green must never be seen.

15. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

Would High tops suffice for style coordinating? Not that it matters really, because in all honesty that's how I've dressed since my last year in high school till now - 2nd year in college - But I would like to hear more about style balancing. That's why I chose the low tops, even though they were black, because I wasn't sure about the high tops.

I've thought about getting some Asics Tigers (google it), but I'm used to nikes/skate shoes so it's hard to make the change.

My outfit today looked perfect with the narrow ankled-nike combo though.
    White shallow V cut hanes basic t-shirt, with a pair of dark rigid levi 510's, gray belt, along with dark blue/gray/white nike high tops.

I guess it's the fact that I live in a small town and kind of stick out with my style, I've seen a few others who have similar style, but not many. I think if I were to be in a big city like LA, I'd blend right in.

16. D_Leotols Toy

D_Leotols Toy New Member

True Pieter. I see that they were a bit loose in the photo, probably cause I changed quickly and forgot a belt. They're actually the perfect length wise, but the sagging probably made that less easy to see.

17. D_Helmer Heighballs

D_Helmer Heighballs New Member

i lov emy chocolate suit. and ill wear ti with a black shirt n tie. black shoes and smart black hair. the suit goes with my deep brown eyes and the blak is topped and tailed.

altho im going through a charkhole suit phase, meh. brown mmmmm yummy.

oh defo, brown is a natural colour, the colour of the earth, an he bringer of plants, which e eat, hich the animals we eat eat. its good. its all good.

Draft saved Draft deleted