Blackberry vs. iPhone

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So, my sis and I had a conversation today that she's thinking about jumping ship from Blackberry and switching to an iPhone. She's out of contract with her current Blackberry and is trying to decide if she should go for the new Torch or the new iPhone.

I'm a die hard Blackberry person and I'm only on my first one, so I got hooked that quickly. I have a Bold 9700. Though I've never had an iPhone.

Which do you prefer? Why? :wink:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
AT&T sucks :( If she stays in the city she'll be alright, if you live in the stix Verizon seems to get the best service depending on what part of the country she's in. I remember vaguely that she lived in the city?

IPhone is fab, I've played on a friends, but what good's a phone that doesn't work?

Daisy

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hate my iphone. I dont care what people say. Its insanely slow, the keyboard is a nightmare to use, no matter how careful I am I always have to go back and retype every 3rd word or so. I like the apps and I like to play games on it but most of the time it's just frustrating. Syncing with Itunes sucks too. I wouldnt get another iphone.

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
AT&T sucks :( If she stays in the city she'll be alright, if you live in the stix Verizon seems to get the best service depending on what part of the country she's in. I remember vaguely that she lived in the city?

She has Verizon now. And yep, she lives in the city. :)

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is going to sound so nerdy but the GelaSkin I have on my Blackberry Bold is a Gustav Klimt painting, The Kiss (I love art, could get lost in the Met, MoMA etc). They make them with a very strong 3M sticker that is reusable and I love them. They're shockingly easy to put on and well made to fit each phone and protect it.

Attachments

Last edited:

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I just have a standard red skin on mine in case I drop it (which I've done countless times:rolleyes:.) I might have to look around since the last time I dropped it the skin cracked at the top and pops open now. I just received a Japanese oil book that has some paintings which reminded me of that particular Van Gogh, which I love. Thank you for pointing it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

MH07

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have had my Torch about a month now and love it. It's my favorite phone I've ever had. And, just got back from a road trip, used friend's iphone on it. Apps are cool, but for everyday use I much prefer the Torch (I hate the iphone keyboard; at least the bb gives you a choice).

Oh, and AT&T truly does suck.

JMHO.

basedgod

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i hate iphones so i would have to go with blackberry. Droid phones will kill the iphone anyday

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
AT&T service sucks--voice quality, dropped calls, poor customer service, everything. And the iPhone 3GS isn't all that: Many of the features have been so streamlined that it's not customizable the way I (and other control freaks) would prefer.

Droid, here I come.

NCbear (who recently asked AT&T customer service how much it would cost to leave; the guy said "$100 per line," and I said, "Oh, is that all? I'm on Verizon's site right now . . . ." -- dead silence on the other end of the line for a couple of seconds, and then he asked me whether I needed anything else today :rolleyes:)

S

superbot

So, my sis and I had a conversation today that she's thinking about jumping ship from Blackberry and switching to an iPhone. She's out of contract with her current Blackberry and is trying to decide if she should go for the new Torch or the new iPhone.

I'm a die hard Blackberry person and I'm only on my first one, so I got hooked that quickly. I have a Bold 9700. Though I've never had an iPhone.

Which do you prefer? Why? :wink:
Neither.A phone is a phone is a phone!! People need to re-engage with the REAL world!

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Neither.A phone is a phone is a phone!! People need to re-engage with the REAL world!

Correct.

I use a cell for calls, sending SMS, and in my case to double up as a walkman, that is it..... my SE W350i does all that for me, and it's compact enough not to get on my tits, with a good enough battery life.

If I want the internet, I use a dam comp, even if it means me using a 3g USB dongle to do that.

It's not as if I have a need to be plugged in to Facebook 24 / 7, not that I use social networking sites like that anyway.

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Well, I'm not suggesting a phone run your life. I'm asking about preference on a piece of a technology that people use in their everyday lives. Nothing wrong with that.

Simmer down there killer.

It's not as if I have a need to be plugged in to Facebook 24 / 7, not that I use social networking sites like that anyway.

Well, I don't even use facebook, twitter or anything of that ilk. Yes, the app for facebook comes installed on the phone when you get it, but obviously you can take it off.

Do I like being able to look up something if I'm on the go? Yes.

I can check my email, look up directions, use a specific app (I have nerdy ones like a dictionary, Flixster, a flashlight app).

Not all people with a web enabled phone use it for things like that.

Last edited:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I have a BlackBerry provided by my workplace, but it's strictly for business use.
For personal use, I think I would buy an iPhone if the keyboards were more efficient. (I have all kinds of friends who say that typing is really frustrating on them.)
As it is, I will probably go for some kind of 'Droid phone.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Dorian_Gray

Cherished Member
Media
The best phone in terms of quality and safety is a Blackberry. A i Phone can be hacked in about 90 seconds. Someone can get all your personal information. The same with The Android phone. Not safe. Stay safe and get a Blackberry.

Unsafe Smartphone : SMS Trojan for Android phones appeared

Prankster Jailbreaks iPhone 4s In Apple Retail Store | Cult of Mac

It's safety lies in it's archaic and functionally limited OS. :rolleyes: Blackberries, at this point in time, can be safely called feature-phones... not smartphones.

Also, while you can Jailbreak an iOS device or ROOT and Android device, there are software vulnerabilities in EVERY platform. You don't hear about them with Blackberries because there are no functional gains from exploiting anything on the OS or hardware.

@OP... If you want a feature phone or don't really care about any of the advantages of iOS or Android, Blackberry is where it's at. But if the keyboard is all you're attracted to, there are Android phones from just about every carrier that will have a good keyboard (VZW Droid Pro as an example). The keyboard on iOS devices is surprisingly easy to use, compared to Android's on-screen keyboard. My opinion is go for the REAL smartphone. :)