bladder surgery

zaza

Experimental Member
Media
My boyfriends father has been in hospital recently to have surgery to his bladder involving putting a telescope in his penis. He was told by the surgeon that the operation was difficult because he was big and the telescope only just reached his bladder. I have no idea of his size, but assume he is big like my boyfriend is.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or has anyone else found that the telescope would not reach the bladder? If so what happened?

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Well I hope it's not truly a 'telescope' cuz that *would* smart :) ;)

Truly, they have all sizes of catheters and other instruments for probing the ureter & bladder. They're used to all of humanity in hospitals, and they can handle it. It might be an issue, but they'll use their XL size scope ;) If they can't do it, then try to find another hospital that has the...um...equipment.

zaza said:
My boyfriends father has been in hospital recently to have surgery to his bladder involving putting a telescope in his penis. He was told by the surgeon that the operation was difficult because he was big and the telescope only just reached his bladder. I have no idea of his size, but assume he is big like my boyfriend is.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or has anyone else found that the telescope would not reach the bladder? If so what happened?

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
dudepiston said:
Well I hope it's not truly a 'telescope' cuz that *would* smart :) ;)

Truly, they have all sizes of catheters and other instruments for probing the ureter & bladder. They're used to all of humanity in hospitals, and they can handle it. It might be an issue, but they'll use their XL size scope ;) If they can't do it, then try to find another hospital that has the...um...equipment.

I was about to say this---that I was surprised they had this issue. I have seen various optical grade fiber optic borescopes, and most of the medical ones I have seen, have extension pieces if the extra length is needed. If the 'scope has an articulating function, then they are one piece, but come in various sizes...I agree---obviously, they weren;t as well equied as another hospital might be. Maybe this isn;t one of their high frequency procedures, so they don;t have ALL the toys. Interesting situation.:biggrin1:

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I, as always, am skeptical.....No guy in this world has a penis too long for cystoscopy. The funny thing about the penis is it squishes so if for whatever reason the scope was too short you could make 7" become 2" quite easily.....Also you realize they have scopes that go through the penis into the bladder and up ureters.....

My guess is that he was "big" as in his prostate was enlarged and everything was narrowed and hard to get the scope through.....in fact he probably needed a smaller scope not a larger one