'Blade Runner remake

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
why are thay doing a remake of Blade Runner? it was one of the best 80s movies out there.

thay should remake THAY LIVE its about the rich having all the money and poor people that are trying to get by.

D_Ricky Dickardo

Loved Member
Media
are you talking about this? or is there other info I don't know about?

Blade Runner 60: Director's Cut (2011)
This is a the full cut of a remake of Blade Runner originally created for Empire Magazine's Done in Sixty Seconds competition. Blade Runner 60 moves the film's action to London, and takes inspiration from the novel 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.' The Empire Magazine cut was 60 seconds long - this is around 5 minutes.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!

stop remaking great movies :rant:
seriously, is like watching movie studios go ass to mouth on your grandmother's corpse.

no prequels, no sequels, no films set in Blade-verse.
NO!! you fucking bastards, NO!!!

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!

seriously, is like watching movie studios go ass to mouth on your grandmother's corpse.

I'm a massive Blade Runner fan myself, I don't know how I would feel about prequels or sequels, but I know there would be absolutely no point remaking what was artistically a perfect movie.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I guess he's gotten a taste for revisiting his past, what with Prometheus and all.

Listen, I agree that people are too gung-ho to revisit classics (not that that's a new thing...check out 2010 and the other other King Kong), but there's nothing in Ridley Scott's repertoire to suggest he's capable of some sort of Episode I/Alien 3 level atrocity - as long as the studio leaves the film alone (Kingdom of Heaven) and he's not taking too many hallucinogens (Legend...at least, I assume hallucinogens were involved in the making of that movie).

Anyway, this'll be a tough movie to knock out of the park, as it were. With the original Scott had the fortune of it developing a following from nothing - and that "under-appreciated film of the year" cachet. Now he's trying to follow up a classic with a rabid fan base. That's tough.

D_Hey Sailor

Experimental Member
Media
As someone who analyzed the original film for a senior university paper... what is so special about the original flick anyhow? The visuals aren't stunning. The acting is stiff. The audio sucks. Heck, besides Rutger Hauer, the casting wasn't even all that great.

It is the story that contains the magic!

Go read the inspiring novel the film was based on by Philip K. Dick... that will quickly diminish your feelings of sacrilege.

D_Sam Rockswell

Experimental Member
Media
NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!

lmfao and Ms MickeyLee for the unexpected laugh/choke combo. Yup...that cleared my sinuses right up. (wipes eyes)

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Go read the inspiring novel the film was based on by Philip K. Dick... that will quickly diminish your feelings of sacrilege.

I thought the book was prolix and pretentious meself, that's why I thought the film was so good, it took the elements of what I felt was a mediocre novel and made them into something more than their sum.

ToXo

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
The original had horrible audio... jus sayin'

I really hope you're not talking about the soundtrack...

Vangelis is a terrific composer, and a musical genius imo... and this was one of his classic works...

which is why if this remake rumor or whatever, is true... they have got a big challenge if they expect to at least equal the original masterpiece.

mephistopheles

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I'll see if I can find the article, but there will be no remakes made.

They just brought Ridley Scott back on board.

It will not have Deckard in it.

The Link

"While the project will NOT be a remake, there’s still no official yet on whether it’ll be a prequel, sequel, or be merely “related” to Scott’s original 1982 film the same way that his upcoming Prometheus is connected to Alien (essentially, a spinoff)."

Posted today!

Last edited:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
now i have to spend the next hour calling off the assassins and trying to get my deposit refunded.

still, is good news :biggrin: