Blaine and Kurt

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In earlier threads about Sam it's been told that Blaine was meant to be Kurts new love interest and Kurt confirmed that last night when he told Shuster he was in love with the guy and he's gay. And unless they introduce Blaine with another boy I would expect the frienship to blossom into something for kurt. The song was nice but at times it seemed the voices were to much alike and you could not differentiate between the two. Kurt and Blaine :smlove2:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In earlier threads about Sam it's been told that Blaine was meant to be Kurts new love interest and Kurt confirmed that last night when he told Shuster he was in love with the guy and he's gay. And unless they introduce Blaine with another boy I would expect the frienship to blossom into something for kurt. The song was nice but at times it seemed the voices were to much alike and you could not differentiate between the two. Kurt and Blaine :smlove2:
I get the feeling they are assessing how popular Darren Criss is to Glee viewers before they bring him on as Kurt's boyfriend. He sure can sing and he's cute. He got me watching Glee. I wonder if Kurt is eventually going back to his old HS and how they are going to work that into the story.

I think Kurt's singing voice is usually higher than Blaine's.

Is it me or does Blaine have a slightly Bublé-esque voice? Well Bublé in his higher registers anyway...

You get Glee in Ireland?!

The song is rather Buble-esque but I think Buble has a smoother lounge singer's voice compared to Blaine's.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, Glee syndicated to the rest of the world but magical mystical Ireland ("Land of Saints and Scholars") has no TV's we make do with excessive alcohol consumption and Leprechaun hunting. :biggrin1:

And I thought you spent all your free time trying to find snakes. :tongue:

Did you notice in the clip that Blaine and Kurt never really "touched" each other? It's a rather suggestive song but they have managed to Disney-fy it.

Last edited:

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think this is just a temp situation. The Kurt character may realize the new school may offer one kind of acceptance...but not another he had taken for granted...his talent. Also, if he has this guy as a boyfriend...this leaves the character really void of conflict and away from the other characters. The guy he likes is sure talented though.

Reactions: Fakeyboi129

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Did you notice in the clip that Blaine and Kurt never really "touched" each other? It's a rather suggestive song but they have managed to Disney-fy it.
This annoyed the crap out of me. How can you do that song without touching? And the only M/M "kiss" on the show was when the homophobic bully lip-raped Kurt. Yet the producers have no problem showing two cheerleaders making out in bed and grinding pussies. :mad2:

And fwiw, I thought they had an amazing vocal blend.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think this is just a temp situation. The Kurt character may realize the new school may offer one kind of acceptance...but not another he had taken for granted...his talent. Also, if he has this guy as a boyfriend...this leaves the character really void of conflict and away from the other characters. The guy he likes is sure talented though.

Darren Criss does have a nice voice and is rather handsome too. The other way the boyfriend senario could go is that Kurt goes back to his old high school and the bully comes out of the closet and strikes up a relationship with Kurt and they write Blaine out of the show. I suppose it all depends on how popular Blaine is with Glee audiences.

This annoyed the crap out of me. How can you do that song without touching? And the only M/M "kiss" on the show was when the homophobic bully lip-raped Kurt. Yet the producers have no problem showing two cheerleaders making out in bed and grinding pussies. :mad2:

And fwiw, I thought they had an amazing vocal blend.

Yeah, I think there is a certain ick factor they are trying to avoid by keeping their relationship platonic and asexual as possible. But they do flirt and you do get a sense that they genuinely like each other. Time will tell. I do hope that there will be a gay kiss. With the popularity of the show they will probably push the boundaries of this gay teenage relationship. Amazing that it's on FOX.

I like the Bette Midler version of this song she did in "For the Boys" with James Caan but this Glee version is great too! Isn't it amazing how much talent is on that show, both the actors, writers and directors? They squeeze so much in an episode.

Anybody know when another new DVD set of the series will come out?
I forget how many seasons they've been on the air. Are these kids perpetual high school students in the show or are they going to move on and graduate one day?

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
And I thought you spent all your free time trying to find snakes. :tongue:

I can't recall exactly which old movie the song is from now (shame on me I should have my GAY card revoked) but I seem to remember that in the original the two performers also avoided being in actual physical contact or had only very minimal contact, I could be totally wrong about that though.

I think they were trying to recreate the feel of the original performance with this Glee version...

Edit: Oh wait just remembered which movie it's from, I swear I didn't Goggle it LOL I think Esther Williams sung it with someone else in Neptune's Daughter- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neptune's_Daughter_(1949_film)

Last edited:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I can't recall exactly which old movie the song is from now (shame on me I should have my GAY card revoked) but I seem to remember that in the original the two performers also avoided being in actual physical contact or had only very minimal contact, I could be totally wrong about that though...

Edit: Oh wait just remembered which movie it's from..Esther Williams sung it with someone else in Neptune's Daughter- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neptune's_Daughter_(1949_film)

Unlike Esther Williams and Ricardo Montalbán, Betty Garrett and Red Skelton did indeed have physical contact in their rendering of "Baby It's Cold Outside" in Neptune's Daughter - as seen in the link below: :D

New Guy Here