Blair Wants National I.D. Card

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Pappy, May 17, 2005.

1. Pappy

Pappy Member

2. Onslow

Gold Member

I have to wonder what type of mind altering pleasure inducing drugs Blair is on. Are they similar to the ones of Brave New World? The absurdity of the idea is almost laughable and I would perhaps laugh if it weren't so dammed frightening.
    The problems with National I.D. cards both in Great Britain and here in the U.S.A. (as well as any other place where they are being considered) is that they will only be the next part of an ongoing series of devices designed to chip away at our freedoms. The persons most likely to be arrested and detained (for life) will be the Bulgarian in Bristol who is escaping from his nagging wife. He is not a terrorist or a criminal and in fact has no desire to go to London or blow up Buckingham Palace, he merely wants some sort of job however menial so he can put food on his table. Is that Mexican illegal in New York City selling flowers at the corner of 39th and Madison really a danger? He just wants to scrape together a few pennies to send back to his wife and children so they can eat and survive. He does not have designs on mugging the little old lady living in squalor eating out of garbage bins because the miserable excuse for a prescription drug card has only caused pharmaceutical corporations to quadruple their prices. The Mexican and the Bulgarian are not the threats even though they are illegals. Neither is the Ecuadorian selling fruit flavored ices in the Bronx (or anywhere else). Is the 6 year old girl playing with a doll really dangerous just becuase her parents illegally crept into the country seeking a better life than they had in their former country? Will a national I.d. expose this little child's evil plans to get an education and maybe someday discover the cure to cancer? The threats are more from people who are able to enter countries legally. People who live within countries that they were born and raised in. No idiotic piece of laminated cardboard is going to tell me if Mr. Jones at the corner of Maple and Spruce is making bombs in his cellar. Neither will it inform me if Miss Barton who is teaching third graders in Presque Isle, Maine is smuggling weapons to traitorous Canadians.

Blair says that these cards will stop terrorism and criminals. A big loud HA to that! Who will be next? Men born between 1948 and 1955? Bald men? Red haired women? All persons born in hospitals with odd building numbers? Gimps born west of the Susquehanna River? Blue eyed geniuses living in Idaho? Right handed short women? All men under 5 foot tall? All men over 6 foot tall? Women who don't like sex? Men who don't like football? National I.D. cards may have a purpose--in a futuristic horror movie.

You know something--originally I was going to argue about the good side and merits of a National I.D. card but now I find that is not going to be possible. This is sad, my hard conservative exterior is being disolved by the same values and ideas I'd once hoped for.

My utmost apologies for ranting and raving once more for far too long.

Dumb is Good

3. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    blair can have my fingerprints when he takes them from my cold, dead fingers.

4. KinkGuy

Gold Member

If Georgie wants it.........Tony has to have it too.

5. whatno

whatno New Member

Y'know, futuristic horror movies are pretty awesome.

But really, you're just pointing out the single imaginary-heart-wrenching-stories. I'll be the first person to clammor for the rights of a little girl who's not harming our nation in any way, but there is not just one little girl. Think of it as MILLIONS upon MILLIONS of little girls (fully clothed). All of whom we know nothing about, have no idea where they came from, nor their intentions upon entering this country. I'm certainly not one of those paranoid little psycho-americans, but if by doing this, it helps us as a nation become that much safer, then by all means I'll get an ID card. Also, think of all that money we'll get to spend on creating an ID database for our country, now we'll actually have an excuse to not spend our money those dreadful poor people or supplying our public schools with textbooks. I mean, really, TEXTBOOKS.. wtf?!

6. db03

db03 Member

Ireland is introducing one in 2007

7. jonb

Gold Member

So Georgie's the pitcher and Tony's the catcher, yes yes? (Everything about Bush screams "gay".)

8. KinkGuy

Gold Member

Thanks a whole friggin' lot jonb!!!! Nightmares!!!!! That is a mental image I could have done without. I think Tony's "versatile" however.

9. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

JonB, you just summed up the whole history of Great Britain to date.

Amazing that the opressor is now unable to self-rule itself. I bet even the founding fathers would laugh at that one.

10. jonb

Gold Member

"self-rule itself"

Hello, I'm from the Ministry of Redundancy Ministry.

11. KinkGuy

Gold Member

And a fine Minister of Redundancy Minister you are too as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted