Blankets or Bucks Donation Drive

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Hey everyone. Got a huge favor to ask. I'm the president of the Kentucky Student Association of Family Relations (please hold all incest jokes, k?), and my organization and I are hosting a donation drive called Blankets or Bucks to provide winter clothing and blankets for the homeless during the Christmas holiday.

I'm accepting check or credit card donations through Paypal. If you go to the organization's web page -- http://www.uky.edu/StudentOrgs/KSAFR -- there's a Paypal button there. Click it to send money to me and I will transfer each and every cent to the organization's account, so we can give one big lump sum check on December 15.

Even if it's only a buck or two, every little bit counts. I figure it couldn't hurt to hit up my big dick bros -- well, everyone here, really -- for some humanitarianism. I'm pretty sure it's tax-deductible too; consult your financial advisor or the Internet for more details. In any case, please give.

Much love,
Dee

P.S. Someone from the university's public relations office found out about Blankets or Bucks and I got hit up for a story. I'll post a link at some point.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Aw, c'mon. I'm really counting on you all. I managed to get a press release out and I got covered twice on the University of Kentucky's radio station and I appeared on the local news this evening. So, hey now... just a buck or few will do... I, repeat, REALLY appreciate the generosity. It's going to a good cause.

/24 views later and not a soul had responded
//makes me feel kinda low

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dee, I love you to death, but I live in the homeless captial of the world, it seems! It costs me about five bucks a day to give to the homeless in my town, and that's about all I can afford. I wish you godspeed in your venture though, it's a very worthy cause.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I admire and appreciate what you're doing. I am involved in some local programs which are aimed at helping the homeless, with everything from food to clothing to getting them back on their feet in transitional housing (the place they go when they are either working or on government relief (welfare/ssi/ssd/v.a.)) In addition to this there are a few guys who I look out for on a regular basis and when I can I give them a few dollars or get them a bite to eat (similar to MadameZora, my finances are not all that great). At times I have also given a coat or some sweaters (and even 2 blankets) to some of the guys down in the local park (there are about a dozen that I know of living there, they refuse the shelter system).
Anyway, I hope now that the cold weather has started to take a hold; people will hear your plea and pitch in.