Blast from the Past

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would probably love the 80s business/power look to return, with linebacker shoulder pads and only one color: black. The hairstyles should remain unaltered, however. For the guys, I would love some of the Miami Vice chic to return: pastel colored suits, the hairstyle, etc. That would be my blast from the past.

I'd kinda like that too, except I don't need the linebacker shoulder pads - my shoulders look like that naturally! :biggrin1:

JennyS

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
OK, ladies....

If you could bring back ANY fashion or mannerism from the times of yore... (last century included)... what would that be?

Clothingwise, for men and women, I'd go back to somewhere between 1920's and 1940's. Hair, clothes, all of it. It would take forever to get ready for school or work, but everyone would look so good, haha.

Also, men and women both would quit shaving their privates bare :p

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Also, men and women both would quit shaving their privates bare :p

Would save a lot of money in wax or razor blades, wouldn't it?!

As a poster mentioned earlier, I'd like to see men's "tights" come back in fashion, but not the wigs that usually went with the tights. This would give us a good look at something we hardly ever see unless we join a site like this... (and then, perhaps we see it too much?!!!)

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I love women's suits from the 40s. Shoulder padded but not outlandish like the 80s. They were well-tailored and feminine without looking dated.

I truly love shirt-waist dresses with lapel collars and matching belts. The skirts on them flounced not too much and were always flattering to the legs. There's something very breezy about them in summer, in white with navy or lime stripes.

I'm not much for the gowns of the 20s and 30s, but I think women looked spectacular in Chanel from that era. Think Duchess of Windsor. Exceptional quality and modern tailoring, women looked fantastically sophisticated.

Something happened after the second world war. Women seemed to lose that marvelous independence and boldness of style that women like Rosalind Russell had in His Girl Friday or Katharine Hepburn. The 30s and early 40s were the finest years for women's fashions. Sure Givenchy from the 50s or Halston from the early 70s were landmarks, but on the whole, the style from the 30s made women look just amazing, particularly in the casual wear. That was glamour.

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd kinda like that too, except I don't need the linebacker shoulder pads - my shoulders look like that naturally! :biggrin1:

So did mine, but the rest of my body has followed them. Might be time to hit the gym again more often :wink:.

Speaking of the past, I would like the McPeak AF uniforms to return. I liked the silver braid loops they had instead of epaulets as rank insignia, and they were definitely more military in their cut than my last uniforms had been, which were more civilian in their design. Ah, times....