bleeding after sex

goodone13

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if i guy is big and u have sex with him and u end up bleeding, does that mean it was painful? OR can great sex (not painful at all) lead to bleeding?

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Depends on the cause.

Breaking my hymen hurt.

Vaginal tears can hurt a lot during sex, but if you're very aroused sometimes they don't hurt enough to interfere with the pleasure of sex. Then it hurts after, or the next morning, when it becomes infected, or when she's no longer aroused and sits down.

Other types of bleeding are caused by disease, for those she needs to see a doctor! Actually, if it's not a tear, she should see a doctor about it to eliminate the dangerous causes, because it's not normal.

I've read that certain types of birth control can cause breakthrough bleeding during sex, or that some women will have breakthrough bleeding anyway. That's not really bleeding, that's menstrual blood which isn't usually painful (crampy sometimes, but not vaginal pain.) Rather than assume it's breakthrough bleeding, I'd insist she sees her doctor to make sure there's nothing life threatening. Better safe than sorry!

Last edited:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am not prone to vaginal tears, but a large partner hitting my cervix does cause a bit of bleeding. Pleasure really isn't something I would connect to the bleeding, it all depends on the activity not the result of bleeding/spotting.

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Depends on the cause.

Breaking my hymen hurt.

Vaginal tears can hurt a lot during sex, but if you're very aroused sometimes they don't hurt enough to interfere with the pleasure of sex. Then it hurts after, or the next morning, when it becomes infected, or when she's no longer aroused and sits down.

Other types of bleeding are caused by disease, for those she needs to see a doctor! Actually, if it's not a tear, she should see a doctor about it to eliminate the dangerous causes, because it's not normal.

I've read that certain types of birth control can cause breakthrough bleeding during sex, or that some women will have breakthrough bleeding anyway. That's not really bleeding, that's menstrual blood which isn't usually painful (crampy sometimes, but not vaginal pain.) Rather than assume it's breakthrough bleeding, I'd insist she sees her doctor to make sure there's nothing life threatening. Better safe than sorry!

That sounds reasonable to me, but in certain parts of the U.S., it would be difficult or impossible to follow that advice.

Here in Albuquerque, it is generally impossible to see a doctor without making an appointment weeks in advance. If something is more urgent, one is sent to the emergency room where it is not unusual to have to wait for six hours or more. Unfortunately, there is no readily available solution.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Depends on the cause.

Breaking my hymen hurt.

Agree with everything she said there is nothing to add:smile:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That sounds reasonable to me, but in certain parts of the U.S., it would be difficult or impossible to follow that advice.

Here in Albuquerque, it is generally impossible to see a doctor without making an appointment weeks in advance. If something is more urgent, one is sent to the emergency room where it is not unusual to have to wait for six hours or more. Unfortunately, there is no readily available solution.

I wouldn't consider it an emergency situation, she just needs to see a doctor IMO. He should be able to determine if there's something wrong with a pelvic exam, a PAP smear, and a STD test. She doesn't have to be currently bleeding at the moment, it could just be an indicative symptom of something else.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am not prone to vaginal tears, but a large partner hitting my cervix does cause a bit of bleeding. Pleasure really isn't something I would connect to the bleeding, it all depends on the activity not the result of bleeding/spotting.

Is it breakthrough menstrual bleeding from a low-dose birth control pill? I've read that can be a cause.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
no...

other types of bleeding could be caused by disease, so she needs to see a doctor! Actually, if it's not a tear, she should see a doctor about it to eliminate the dangerous causes, because it's not normal.

there are lots of injuries and irregularities women can suffer from. it's wrong to assume it must all be caused by disease...and telling guys that could cause no end of shit to their girlfriends.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
no...

other types of bleeding could be caused by disease, so she needs to see a doctor! Actually, if it's not a tear, she should see a doctor about it to eliminate the dangerous causes, because it's not normal.

there are lots of injuries and irregularities women can suffer from. it's wrong to assume it must all be caused by disease...and telling guys that could cause no end of shit to their girlfriends.

I said "other types of bleeding are caused by disease" which means that not all bleeding is caused by disease, just some types of bleeding are caused by disease, but regardless, if you consider my wording to be unclear, then I welcome your clarification.

I was trying to convey that if your girlfriend doesn't know because she hasn't brought it up with her doctor, then she should make sure from her doctor that it isn't a symptom of something serious. I didn't mean to imply that all women who bleed are diseased, just that since it's a symptom of many serious things, so she should get it checked out to make sure that everything is fine down below.

I would hate for women to die from uterine cancer because people on LPSG insisted that is was a natural thing to happen, when sometimes it means that there's something life threateningly wrong. That's something that women need to be aware of and if a woman thinks there's nothing serious and ignores that symptom, I hope that her boyfriend insists that she makes sure from her doctor that her parts are all fine.

Uterine Bleeding, Precancer, and Uterine Cancer - A Gynecologist's Second Opinion

Last edited:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is it breakthrough menstrual bleeding from a low-dose birth control pill? I've read that can be a cause.
I never use hormonal birth control, it is usually just an irritated cervix. Although, more sustained spotting can occur closer to my period.

Indeed, I have a healthy reproductive system and can spot from sex to pap smears to attempted installation of an IUD. My cervix just doesn't like to be poked or prodded.

Last edited:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
my bleeding was the result or cervical erosion. basically womb cells growing on the cervix.

so, while you should see your doc, you shouldn't imagine the worst.
a pap smear & STI screen is worth it for peace of mind.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would hate for women to die from uterus cancer because people on LPSG insisted that is was a natural thing to happen, when sometimes it means that there's something life threateningly wrong. That's something that women need to be aware of and if a woman thinks there's nothing serious and ignores that symptom, I hope that her boyfriend insists that she makes sure from her doctor that her parts are all fine.

Uterine Bleeding, Precancer, and Uterine Cancer - A Gynecologist's Second Opinion
i think we'd all hate that.
but it's not his place to insist she does anything.
her body, her choice. even if the choice is a daft one.

my vag is gushing with blood, my womb is cramping up, and nit-picking cheers me up.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i think we'd all hate that.
but it's not his place to insist she does anything.
her body, her choice. even if the choice is a daft one.

my vag is gushing with blood, my womb is cramping up, and nit-picking cheers me up.

He wanted information on bleeding after sex. I brought up that it might be uterine cancer and a PAP smear would eliminate that as a possibility because that's something that most women don't even know, and he was asking for that information. It's relevant to his question.

It's information that should be broadcasted much more among women and the men who love them enough to look out for them. I do hope that a man would nag his girlfriend about getting a symptom like that checked! Yes, it's her choice, but that doesn't mean that he can't persuade her out of love and concern for her health.

Eat some chocolate!

Last edited:

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
my bleeding was the result or cervical erosion. basically womb cells growing on the cervix.

so, while you should see your doc, you shouldn't imagine the worst.
a pap smear & STI screen is worth it for peace of mind.
I have a sensitive cervix, which means I spot lightly due to a pap smear, if rough, or sex with a large penis (*ahem*), if he hits my cervix, and wanted to make the poster aware some women are built this way.

But, both you and Petite are correct, she should visit a doctor to confirm her reproductive system is healthy.

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He wanted information on bleeding after sex. I brought up that it might be uterine cancer and a PAP smear would eliminate that as a possibility because that's something that most women don't even know and he was asking for that information.

That's information that should be broadcasted much more among women and the men who love them enough to look out for them. I do hope that men would nag his girlfriend about getting a symptom like that checked! Yes, it's her choice, but that doesn't mean that he can't persuade her out of love.

Eat some chocolate!
and he's allowed to strongly suggest,
or even nag.

there's no chocolate in the house!!! granola bars just aren't doing the job.

D_Tina_Ciao

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My virginal vaginal tear was awful - I lost my virginity to my husband who was 9" by 7", and it bled and *hurt* like the dickens, so much so that I went to the doctor the next day and she told me it was a clean tear but would be tender/sore for about a week, which was spot on.

I think most bleeding - if the girl is inexperienced - is from a vaginal tear and it will hurt - how much depends on how big you are, how much she tears.

The other vaginal bleeding indicates what has been discussed above, menstrual periods or disease - all covered well. In any case, she should probably see a doctor *as soon as possible* it today's society to confirm what's happening, and if she's okay.

goodone13

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yea the doc said it was nothing serious and was probably breakthrough. I've never experienced it so I was just looking for other causes and a little insight. Thanks alot.