Blessed are the Peace Makers

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
Tavis Smiley, Don Cheadle, and John Pendergrast on the Tavis Smiley Show tonight talked about Darfur, the ongoing genocide, and the new intransigence of the U.N. on the issue.

1) Write or call your elected representatives and tell them this is an issue of concern for you and is an electoral decision making issue for you (preferably not email).

2) Donate money to the cause. Find an NGO at SaveDarfur.org

Be blessed.

Senate.gov

House.gov

D_Humper E Bogart

Experimental Member
Media
Remember that the term "never forget" only applied to Jewish genocide. The rest of us knee-grows can rot in hell as far as anyone can be concerned. :p

I'm all for declaring war on that POS that Sudan calls a government.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. So many times I wonder what I can do, when even a letter of phone call would be a start. I can sure make a call.

B_JQblonde

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
No, you can do better. Give them your name and address and let them know you are willing to take in a family .

Or else you can handwring like phoney liberals like George Clooney and send some place a big cehck , hoping somebody else will address the problem

rageboy

Just Browsing
Media
No, you can do better. Give them your name and address and let them know you are willing to take in a family .

Or else you can handwring like phoney liberals like George Clooney and send some place a big cehck , hoping somebody else will address the problem

That isn't what most people can do. But they can make a friend of the authorities (or a politician) before, during, and after their cause to make sure things get looked after.

Another thing would be to send then JQB's name (and friends and releatives) and address since he doesn't do hand wringing.:biggrin1: