Blind at Birth-sexual development

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_lrgeggs, Feb 18, 2007.

1. B_lrgeggs

B_lrgeggs New Member

Since most of us develope our sexual attraction by what we see, how do those who are blind at birth develope what they are attracted to?

2. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:
    More honestly than the rest of us I suppose.

Sight is only one of five senses and seems to be the most easily manipulated by the media.

3. Gisella

Gold Member

By using their other senses that became very much sensitive because or no vision...they can feel by scents, smells, sounds and voice differences, very much tactible..etc etc I supose.

Plus they of course all natural stages as hormonal changes as growing up etc

Like any other people they have different personality traits, come from unique families interactions, experiences, dinamics etc. they bloom as growing, interacting, make friends etc and all of us who can see are different too. Some more introvert, extrovert...if they go to blind school early they will interact there have have friends, crushes etc etc....I supose...

I wish someone who is blind would share with us their experiences here. Somebody know anyone close to ask if they want share with us? Very interesting to get to know by their mouths.

But..how a blind person surfs the net??? :confused:

4. trufitjock

trufitjock Member

Albums:
    your my kinda peeps !!.. this is the answer !!

5. dudepiston

dudepiston New Member

The laws of attraction, science has shown, have a lot more to do with the sense of smell, pheremones, etc. than a lot of us probably realize. As others have mentioned, the sense of smell (along with the other senses) become stronger in the blind, therefore one could assume that's their main attraction. But I'm not sure. I have a 100% blind friend, and I'll ask him. I have also wondered how a blind person can ever be CERTAIN they're not being observed during masturbation (for those who don't live alone...etc.)

6. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Interesting question, but I'm not so sure that most of us develop our attractions by what we see or experience. Much of it is innate. I had no experience with homosexuality (really, in any form) until I was in high school, but I have known since about age 11 or so that I was gay. My first 4 or 5 sexual experiences were with women, and they were nice, but just not as deeply satisfying as sexual experiences with men. I don't have the evidence to support it, but I'm guessing it's pretty much the same for a person blind from birth... just innate attractions.

7. knowit

knowit Member

i can honestly say that from myself, i find the actual smell of the person i'm in love with extremely attractive. i was never really attracted to their looks until i got to know them well and was around their smell often. so i can confirm part of the theory as well.

and also, how many women say 'oo, that voice is so sexy' when a man has a deep, husky voice?

the difference between the blind person and the person who can see, is when they both walk down the street, the person who can see looks at everyone else and instantly dissmisses a percentage of the people for no good reason at all, purely on appearance.

knowit

8. dudepiston

dudepiston New Member

Knowit hit a few nails on the head, there, I would think. I know I'm guilty of it....I know people who see me or meet me are too. Guys especially (but girls too, right?) are visual....and we are a bit too discriminatory in our sexual views at times.

I know I'm very attracted to a person's scent. I appreciate a showered, clean body but everyone has his or her own scent that comes through all the same. And for me, the voice means as much as anything. A girl or guy who can sing...with emotion.....can really do it for me...

9. Andresito

Andresito Member

I agree.

Anyway, this is a really interesting thread, I hope someone could give us more information, specially on how homosexuality develops in blinds (and if it does, or not?)

10. dudepiston

dudepiston New Member

Well as I mentioned I have a blind friend. I've known two 100% blind individuals in my life...one was in college and I was his tutor. The young man had the absolute BEST musical ear I'd ever known. He could literally "see" the notes in his head somehow..vision & hearing seemed blended for him. He talked about girls a lot....but that's as deep as he went with that kind of information. The other blind guy I know is bisexual. Since we don't know exactly how sexuality of any kind develops in anyone, I don't think we'd learn much by having a blind person report in on it. But, it's worth a try!

11. zaza

zaza New Member

I don`t know is my honest answer.

I have always thought that sex with a partner who is blind must be absolutly amazing. Imagine someone who "looks" with their fingers!!!

12. reallyhot

Gold Member

Albums:
    What I'd like to know is: Can a blind person actually smell if I'm
    turned on or not???

13. zaza

zaza New Member

I`ve no idea, but I`m sure they can "look" with their hands to find out.

14. SomeGuyOverThere

Gold Member

I suspect they'd know indirectly through subtle things: IIRC, we do release certain pheremones when we are, which play a big role. Also breathing rate increases.

15. B_lrgeggs

B_lrgeggs New Member

Maybe some biolgist...could help us with this one?

Draft saved Draft deleted