Blithering idiot Matt Damon

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Insomuch as he believes it appropriate to refer to a public servant as a "bad Disney movie" on a national stage - it doesn't do much to advance the Hollywood cause.

Frankly, I hope he keeps talking.

No he refers to the sheer idiocy of making a small town mayor and rookie Alaskan Governor president. That is a bad Disney movie.

You can't just become a foreign policy and national economics expert overnight!!! She's better off trying to learn Kung Fu in two months. Disney presents Kung Fu Hockey Mom!

Good luck, but uh.. I don't think we can have this as our VP. The likelyhood of McCain dying in office is just too high.

Don't worry, I am more confident now than ever, Palin is going to backfire on John McCain hard. Obama needs to keep up this 50 state strategy, because the swing in congress could also be dramatic. There is currently a 10% chance of the D's getting 60 senate seats.. that's filibuster override.

The GOP has no idea how stupid this Palin pick was.

Its fucking hilarious to see this kind of crap shoot.

B_phe1249

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Didnt he drop out of High School? Then after Acting school... he dropped out of college?
If so what does he know?

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Didnt he drop out of High School? Then after Acting school... he dropped out of college?
If so what does he know?

He's worth about 1000 times the value of you. He could buy and sell your ass if he wanted to.

Oh, not to mention his successful movies, and illustrious career as a world famous actor. HA ha ha ha ha!

When you make your first million in Hollywood, smart guy, then maybe you can call a fellow self-made millionaire stupid.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
MHAT DHEYmun!

Seriously though, Hollywood politics are annoying as hell. Mostly because conservatives are so shouted down they pretend not to exist. Lest they be crucified like Mel Gibson. TURBOPUNS!

Last edited:

bek2335

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Matt Damon is a citizen just like anyone else and is entitled to his opinion. If the media gave a rat's ass about the opinion of anyone here - myself included - we all would be running our mouths. Celebrities just happen to have opportunities the rest of us aren't afforded.
As for Sarah Palen, I have a very negative gut reaction to her. I dislike what I have read about her record and her opinions, and she sounds to me just like another scary right-wing nut case. I watched her interview with Charles Gibson and I thought she came off as mean, dishonest and creepy. Plus I think I heard her say - and I hope I am wrong - "nucular" instead of "nuclear". God help us.

B_phe1249

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He's worth about 1000 times the value of you. He could buy and sell your ass if he wanted to.

Oh, not to mention his successful movies, and illustrious career as a world famous actor. HA ha ha ha ha!

When you make your first million in Hollywood, smart guy, then maybe you can call a fellow self-made millionaire stupid.

Actually pinhead- you have no idea of my net worth.

And being an actor means what????

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If so what does he know?
He does seem to know that dinosaurs weren't around 4000 years ago. I happen to have the same concern that in this world where wars will be won or lost by technology that a VP might be a science denier.

Rowan Ravenseed

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I didn't read all of the posts and i don't really know how well educated Damon is or what he said so I'm really only going to comment on my opinions when it comes to the Celebrity vs Politics debate.

Essentially speaking any person no matter what their social status ha a right to voice their opinion. That's just one of the things those of us in democratic nations are supposed to believe in that's why we choose to live in democratic countries.

Having said that because celebrities are widely known have a larger platform to have their opinions heard. As people we have the choice to listen to that opinion or not.

I do believe though that as a celebrity if you are going to choose to openly speak out about politics....or any subject for that matter then you should have a good knowledge about what you are voicing your opinion on. In hind sight I think all people when voicing their opinions on a particular subject should give thought to what they are saying and have some knowledge about the subject.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually pinhead- you have no idea of my net worth.

And being an actor means what????

Pinhead?

*lifts glasses*
*squints*

Bill O'Reilly? Is it you, buddy?

I know Matt Damon has made a helluva lot more money than you. ;) So its outrageous you try to call him stupid, especially seeing the caliber of films he has produced.

B_phe1249

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He does seem to know that dinosaurs weren't around 4000 years ago. I happen to have the same concern that in this world where wars will be won or lost by technology that a VP might be a science denier.

Wonder if he will attend Babwa Streishands event for Hussein Obama- bring your 35k and wear a yamka

ruffboy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
its absolutely hilarious in its unrateable levels of hypocrisy anytime the nutjob right wingers hit the roof when anyone with a less than conservative point of view from the "celebrity" world states their fought and died for freedom of speech opinions.

y'all should check your ridiculous counter-attacks until y'all as a group at the very least stop VOTING for celebrities and puttin' 'em in office if you think they're actually that bad. or should i say, if you actually stand behind your screaming lil beliefs.

sonny bono. nice work.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Now that this eternal fool has weighed in against Palin, I'm certain that she is a suitable choice. He was very good in that movie where his head was conjoined with Greg Kinnear's. I just always assumed that there was at least a normal-sized brain in that Jupiter-sized head of his.

Matt Damon is hella smart. He has a right to his opinions. It is America. And because he says some things you didn't like...doesn't make him a blithering idiot anymore than say...Ann Coulter or a Michael Savage.

I think that Ann Coulter and Michael Savage are more blithering idiots than Matt Damon. Because they sensationalize. They spin a lot of lies into "truths". And that is more dangerous to people who don't know any better. And they accept what they say at face value without checking their sources and the validity of spun information.

Last edited:

tallandlean

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Matt Damon, was shy only a few credits from receiving an undergraduate
degree from Harvard when he left because of acting opportunities that were
too good to pass up. That's besides the point. He, like every citizen of this
country, has a right to criticize or question the intelligence and judgment of
people running for the highest offices of the land. Sarah Palin, in my opinion,
is a flyweight when it comes to her competence to be second in command.

B_phe1249

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
damn.

That some po dunk ignince rot thar.

I love the dixie chicks-- das my hero.... Im so broke somebody from hollywood just gotta help me

Common man- grow up and read a book so that you can form your own educated opinion without the help of the hollywood commies

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I am one who thinks that all actors and people in the entertainment industry should shut the fuck up about politics. I avoid all who speak out. It turns me off to the max. I don't care who they are for or against.

its absolutely hilarious in its unrateable levels of hypocrisy anytime the nutjob right wingers hit the roof when anyone with a less than conservative point of view from the "celebrity" world states their fought and died for freedom of speech opinions.

y'all should check your ridiculous counter-attacks until y'all as a group at the very least stop VOTING for celebrities and puttin' 'em in office if you think they're actually that bad. or should i say, if you actually stand behind your screaming lil beliefs.

sonny bono. nice work.

QFT:smile:

Sklar

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When it comes to celebrities and their opinions more power to them.

If a celebrity says something I don't like or find offensive, I just don't support their movies, causes or organizations.

Look at what happened to Tom Cruise when he started acting weird in public. His career took a turn for the worse.

If you really want to affect (effect?) someone famous, hit them in the pocket book.

One person might not make a difference but to one person it's all the difference in the world.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I don't get that New End has any problem forming his own opinion.

In other news, I don't judge intelligence by degrees or money earned but by the direct sense of it I get or don't get when someone speaks.

To me, Damon comes off as quite an intelligent guy.

It doesn't hurt that I share his opinion of Palin, who I believe will be the most underqualified president of my lifetime, if the actuaries worst fears are born out by events. McCain is nothing like the specimen his mother must have been at his age; I think he's aged very visibly in the last four or five years; and I wouldn't much want him to be president, anyway -- but that sorry compromise would tumble into tragedy and farce if Palin ever became the occupant of the Oval Office. She's out of her league, a walking demonstration of the Peter Principle. To me, no less than to Damon, it's extraordinary that this fact is not more or less obvious to more or less everyone.

Last edited: