Blood In Ejaculate

allmale

Experimental Member
Media
Hi Guys,
I'm in a new dating relationship with an older man, late fifties, we've been seeing each other for about 4 months steady. We are just dating, and have been intimate about three/four times a month for that time.
The other night we were at it pretty hot and heavy with the lights out, except a nightlight. When we finished I got up to get a towel, I turned on the light and there was blood everywhere, and I do mean everywhere. When he came there was a blood in his ejaculate, but continued to leak out afterwards. He went to the bathroom to get cleaned up, when he took a leak again lots of blood in his urine. He would not go to the ER, and insisted on staying put with a towel wrapped around his dick. The blood would dribble out for a good two hours after he had sex. Finally it stopped in the middle of the night. The next day, at work, I called to check on him and he said the bleeding stopped and there was no indication of blood in his urine that morning. He said this has never happened to him before, and was totally confused as to why this happened. The only thing I can figure out that makes sense was that when we were engaged in intercourse my penis struck his prostate and ruptured a blood vessel or vein.
He has a Dr. appointment next week, 5 days from now, and I told him to be sure to be honest with the doctor, to tell everything that happened.
I would say he lost about 1/3 cup of blood, maybe a little more.

Has anything like this ever happened to anyone on this board? Anyone experience blood in semen, either themselves or with anyone else? Is this common in older males?

I'm concerned about the next time he wants to be intimate. I don't think I could go through this again.

B_Just Joe

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
dont be intimate at all. no sex in any way. and no masturbation for him. whatever is causing him to bleed is serious as far as i know. if hes bleeds at all during the day go to the hospital immediately.

is there blood in his urine?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
He has a Dr. appointment next week, 5 days from now, and I told him to be sure to be honest with the doctor, to tell everything that happened. I would say he lost about 1/3 cup of blood, maybe a little more. Yikes!:eek: Is there any way you can go with him to the doc so that the doc can hear both your sides.
Has anything like this ever happened to anyone on this board? Anyone experience blood in semen, either themselves or with anyone else? Is this common in older males?

I'm concerned about the next time he wants to be intimate. I don't think I could go through this again.
I'm not a doctor, nor am I a man but this sounds serious. I would not engage in any intimate activities with him until he sees a doctor. I think a urologist may be who he needs to see. Is it my imagination or was he being kind of blase about the whole thing? Is it possible this has happend to him before, or that he already has a diagnosis, which he has chosen to ignore. :confused:

allmale

Experimental Member
Media
He told me that his stream was fine the next day. Now I know that there can be blood in urine that is not apparent to the naked eye, this happened to me when I passed a kidney stone several years ago. I took what he said with a grain of salt.

This is a new relationship, and we are still working on the trust issues.
I am so scared.

This has happened to me, just once and it was really frightening because I know it's a symptom related to prostate cancer.

I went straight to a urologist who ran a PSA but didn't expect anything because of my age. Turns out I had a difficult bowel movement that scraped the prostate through the rectal wall. He put me on a course of antibiotics to prevent infection of the prostate and sent me home. I couldn't masturbate or do anything for a week and had to practically eat twigs and pebbles to seriously bulk-up my poop. Musli is awful. No wonder the Swiss are so humorless.

Be warned, he will likely have brown ejaculate for some time and possibly some painful ejaculations from bringing-up clotted blood.

The whole episode was alarming though ultimately not serious.

Either way, GET HIM TO A UROLOGIST!!! At 51 he should be on first name terms with one.

allmale

Experimental Member
Media
He didn't go to the ER because he was in shock. I couldn't get him to go, believe me I tried everything. I stayed with him for most of the night before I went home. He has no family in this state.

The ER will send him to a urologist any way.

Time to evaluate the relationship if he's this cavalier about his health. This is potentially serious. As my urologist explained, the antibiotics are necessary because the rectum contains all kinds of nasty bacteria you do not want to enter the blood stream or other organs. The colon is special in that it can contain these bacteria but other organs cannot. He should get a PSA, a digital rectal exam, a course of antibiotics, and possibly an ultrasound. All are things a urologist can and is equipped to do in the office.

allmale

Experimental Member
Media
Yes, Jason you made your point. On PSA tests, I'm not sure what the minimum time period is between tests....I'm certainly not a doctor.
I have heard that higher numbers are considered NORMAL for older males.
My father is 75 years old and this year his was 6.2 and the urologist said that was ok and nothing to worry about. Hello?

All of this has been so upsetting, please I don't need any sarcasism. I really don't.

:wtf2:

Nothing I offered was sarcastic. I'm trying to get you to drag him into a urologist's office which is where he needs to be. What I'm reading instead are excuses. If he doesn't give a shit about himself then why should you?

Christ, why do I bother?

allmale

Experimental Member
Media
Jason, you made a good point and I take it to heart. Really. I am worried about him, and I hope and pray he's been honest with me. His home is in Boston and this happened in Texas. He's here 50% of the time on his job, and is now back in Boston, in part to get medical attention. I've done EVERYTHING I can do, now I have to wait.
Looking back on that night, I'm most fortunate that I didn't come into contact orally or in any way with the blood. At least, not that I know of.

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
"Holy Cow Batman! There's blood coming out of my penis, what should I do?
Well Boy Wonder, you should go straight to the ER/doctor, do not pass Go, do not collect $200!"

If that was me, I'd be calling my medical plan advice nurse the second I saw something coming out of my penis that wasn't urine or semen. Now, you said his doctor didn't give him an appointment for what... 5 days? I hope the doctor isn't some wacko who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground. I'm very attached to my penis and I don't want to lose it to cancer or something.