Blood in her urine

rainfletcher: Anyone else have this happen to them? I was with a girl for a few nights. She was native american, and very tight. It'd been a long time since she'd been with anyone, either. However, we went slow, and she was always very wet, so there didn't seem to be any problems.

Then, we're at the airport, and she starts peeing blood. She's in the bathroom for 30 minutes, and in alot of pain. She ended up peeing blood for 3 days, and could hardly get out of bed she was in so much pain.

Anyway, it appears that we bruised her bladder or kidneys - or both. I'm still not entirely sure how, she didn't feel anything different or anything more painful than the first few nights.

Anyone have any insights?

aquaman875: Yes, she should go to a doctor. Peeing blood and in pain for 3 days??? What are you waiting for?

rainfletcher: Sorry for the confusion. This was some time ago. We're going to be together again (!) soon, and I wanted to avoid whatever caused this the first time. I'm hopeful that someone else may have some experience with this condition and can help me understand what we did - and what NOT to do...

Thanks.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Sounds like it was more of an infection than actual sex problems; the urethra and vagina are separate holes. And her ancestry would indicate the possibility of kidney disease. I wonder, is she diabetic, by any chance?

rainfletcher: No, she's not diabetic. The doctor said it was something called 'honeymoon cystitis', which is like a urinary tract infection. Women get it sometimes if it's their first time, or they've been inactive for a long time.

However, it also comes from the dick pressing against the bladder or kidneys (not sure how, though) - which is what te doctor suspected.

The question is, what positions or techniques can cause this or prevent it???

stencil: Yeah, it doesn't matter how wet or relaxed she is because what's happening is that the thrusting motion of the penis is pushing the coliform bacteria in her urethra up into the badder and kidneys. Until she gets used to intercourse, your best bet is to limit the amount of thrusting and be especially careful about putting pressure on the upper side of her vagina. In other words, I'd avoid fucking doggy style for now. And if you have the will power, limit intercourse to once a day until you're out of the woods. It would also help if she drank lots of fluids, preferably (unsweetened!) cranberry juice.

rainfletcher: AnonyMs,

Thanks for your reply!! One question, though. Have you noticed that the condition flares more with larger men or does that have anything to do with it? I mean, is it just me??? Also, an earlier post said no doggy-style...is this also your experience? Lastly, does it matter 'how much' sex is involved? You said that 'vigorous' sex can be troublesome...does that also mean prolonged sex?

Sorry to be so specific in asking you these questions, but I don't want her to have to go through that again!

Thanks in advance,

Rain

rainfletcher: Sorry for the repeat post, but I had another question. A friend of mine (female) said that hot-tubs can also cause this. We were in a hotel hot tub, but it was at the very beginning of the trip. Could that also be the problem, I wonder?

Thanks again...

AnonyMs: [quote author=rainfletcher link=board=sex;num=1043782217;start=0#8 date=01/28/03 at 21:40:40]Sorry for the repeat post, but I had another question.  A friend of mine (female) said that hot-tubs can also cause this.  We were in a hotel hot tub, but it was at the very beginning of the trip.  Could that also be the problem, I wonder?

Thanks again...[/quote]Well... it depends on how close she got to the jets... the jets could force water/fluid up as well... normal hot tub use... probably not so much but you might want to talk to a doc....

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Just covering all bases. There are a few diseases Indians get disproportionately: Alcoholism, diabetes, and kidney disease. (And diabetes is a risk factor for kidney disease.) Mentioning her ancestry made me think of kidney disease, for obvious reasons.

Putting stuff in the urethra is going to cause an infection. Especially in women. Oh, that's why she was so tight! You were fucking her urethra! LOL

Seriously, it's doubtful she'll get it again, unless she hasn't had sex in a long time. In fact, it's more likely it was related to the hot tub.

rainfletcher: I'm not sure what to say to all your posts! I got more information on this board in 24 hours than I ever could have gotten anywhere else in 24 days!!! Unbelievable.

Thank you all very, very, very much!!!

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
[quote author=rainfletcher link=board=sex;num=1043782217;start=0#12 date=01/29/03 at 15:53:55]I'm not sure what to say to all your posts!  I got more information on this board in 24 hours than I ever could have gotten anywhere else in 24 days!!!  Unbelievable.

Thank you all very, very, very much!!![/quote]

rainfletcher,

I think we've ALL learned something in this topic!

We have some truly great members who love to try to help as we can. That's really WHY we're here! ;)

sammygirly: I too am prone to UTIs...blah @ cranberry juice...but some more info:

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products, but it is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi. An infection occurs when microorganisms, usually bacteria from the digestive tract, cling to the opening of the urethra and begin to multiply. In most cases, bacteria first begin growing in the urethra. An infection limited to the urethra is called urethritis. From there bacteria often move on to the bladder, causing a bladder infection (cystitis). If the infection is not treated promptly, bacteria may then go up the ureters to infect the kidneys (pyelonephritis).

People with diabetes have a higher risk of a UTI because of changes in the immune system. Any disorder that suppresses the immune system raises the risk of a urinary infection.

Approximately fity percent of all women will have at least one UTI in her lifetime with many women having several infections throughout their lifetime. Fortunately, these infections are easily treated with antibiotics that cause the symptoms to quickly disappear.

“Honeymoon cystitis” is caused by irritation of the urethra (the passage where urine comes out) during penetration and intercourse. The result is a bladder infection and significant inflammation of the urethra that is the primary source of pain with sex.

A few sites to look at:

http://www.femail.com.au/uti.htm
http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health/urolog/pubs/utiadult/utiadult.htm
http://www.urologychannel.com/uti/index.shtml
http://oci.mcw.edu/article/998784819.html

rainfletcher: Sammygirly,

Thanks for the response. Your reply makes me wonder, still, if I might have been the problem. The doctor said it was bruising of her bladder and urethra caused by sex. Which makes me wonder if my size wasn't a contributing factor. Others posting here have said it wasn't my size...

I hate to keep carrying on with this thread, and I'm sure I'm just being paranoid. But Sammygirly, would you mind responding to the questions above that I asked of Anonyms?

Thanks in advance!

sammygirly: [quote author=rainfletcher link=board=sex;num=1043782217;start=0#7 date=01/28/03 at 21:36:57]
One question, though.  Have you noticed that the condition flares more with larger men or does that have anything to do with it?  I mean, is it just me???  [/quote]
No, it doesn't have anything to do with your size - really honestly. It's just painful all around while she has it...and sex would hurt no matter what your dimensions were (altho, I *suppose* the smaller the easier). If the doctor says it's Honeymoon Cystitus - then that's what it is. Plainly, an infection which can be cured by the right meds.
[quote author=rainfletcher link=board=sex;num=1043782217;start=0#7 date=01/28/03 at 21:36:57]
Also, an earlier post said no doggy-style...is this also your experience?[/quote]
Depends on how much she hurts really, doggy is just deeper penetration - but remember this isn't forever, just while she heals. Doggy style didn't *cause* the infection. Just make sure that you stick to one hole, not both in one session because THAT causes infection.
[quote author=rainfletcher link=board=sex;num=1043782217;start=0#7 date=01/28/03 at 21:36:57]
Lastly, does it matter 'how much' sex is involved?  You said that 'vigorous' sex can be troublesome...does that also mean prolonged sex?[/quote]
Again, depends on how she hurts and how comfortable she is. UTIs are not pleasant the majority of the time. I reiterate, vigorous sex with a large man does not cause infection if he is clean and careful.
[quote author=rainfletcher link=board=sex;num=1043782217;start=0#7 date=01/28/03 at 21:36:57]A friend of mine (female) said that hot-tubs can also cause this. We were in a hotel hot tub, but it was at the very beginning of the trip. Could that also be the problem, I wonder? [/quote]
Back to my points on bacteria - everyone knows a hottub is a breeding ground for bacteria. Also, if she remained too long in a wet suit after getting out...prime environment for fungal/bacterial growth. So yes, depending on the elements and how much care is taken - a hot tub CAN cause UTIs

But you've said two different things the doctor claimed it to be here so make sure you're clear: IS it Honeymoon Cystitus? OR is it a bruised urethra/bladder? Because my answers may differ slightly depending.

(ok, i'm starting to feel like an MD - for the record, i'm not...so take all advice at your own risk LOL)

stencil: The reason I cautioned against doggy style is that it's more likely to put pressure on the top side of the vagina - the side adjacent to the urethra. It's not a question of depth of penetration, just that thrusting from behind is more likely to "milk" the urethra up towards the bladder. Penis size is only a very secondary consideration. More important is how long it's been since she's had intercourse. Usually the body acclimates very quickly, so if you take it slow you should be fine.