Blood in Stool

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ever been sitting on the throne, and doing your thing... and then suddenly...drip drip drip drip.. fresh blood comes flowing out of your rectum?

I thought that if you had ulcers, the blood would be dark. But Fresh blood confuses me.

Anybody else?

CALAMBO

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
what you have described is of some concern...possible a ruptured polyp..small benine growths in the rectum/large intestine...i would visit my family doctor...he can see/feel the first 6 inches of the anus...do it NOW...nothing to mess around with...unless you have been having rough sex..then maybe not such urgent probelm...good luck

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ever been sitting on the throne, and doing your thing... and then suddenly...drip drip drip drip.. fresh blood comes flowing out of your rectum?
I thought that if you had ulcers, the blood would be dark. But Fresh blood confuses me. Anybody else?

I wasn't confused when it happend to me, I was scared! :redface: It had never happend before. I suggest you go to a doctor, it could be something as simple as a hemorrhoid.

FWIW: I have enjoyed being anally reamed for hours and never had any tears or blood appear rectally. You really need to get this checked out, quickly!

http://www.lpsg.org/blogs/njqt466/im-having-a-colonoscopy-506/

Last edited:

If it's any consolation, it's better to see fresh blood than to see dark blood. Fresh blood is usually the result of an anal fissure or, more commonly, inflamed hemorrhoids. Not all hemorrhoids hurt. Still, you must make sure about this because it can also be a sign of rectal cancer. If you haven't already, make an appointment with your doctor ASAP.

NightFish

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I see it occasionally thanks to my little friend, the anal fissure. I've seen my doctor and the cure is almost as bad as the problem. Get it checked out for sure. If it's red blood it may not be life threatening but just one of life's nusances.

I see it occasionally thanks to my little friend, the anal fissure. I've seen my doctor and the cure is almost as bad as the problem. Get it checked out for sure. If it's red blood it may not be life threatening but just one of life's nusances.

Same issue I have; an ever-present reminder of what happened to me as a boy.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
This is under the heading of "you need to make certain".

The most common causes for fresh red blood discharge relate as has been said hemmorhoids o anal fisures. These are common in many people and happen more as we age.

The main thing however is to error on the side of caution.

The test that most physicians normally order in this case is usually a sigmoidoscopy. This is not horribly pleasant, but what it amounts to is a camera on a fiber optic tube that is fed in through the anal canal all the way up to the sigmoid colon.

One of the reasons that you want to error on the side of caution is a little thing called "colorectal cancer". Again, based on what you have described, odds are very much against this as being the cause. but you need to make absolutely certain of what the cause is. Normally colorectal causes small flakes to be found in fecal matter and they would tend to be more like coffee grounds.

The idea here is caution and not fear or panic. The fact that what you had was red in color indicates that it was oxygenated blood and that the cause is very likely very near the end of and discharge of the anal canal. Please get it checked and keep all of us informed.

Take care, friend

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I thought that if you had ulcers, the blood would be dark. But Fresh blood confuses me.

Anybody else?
Please do the right thing and go see a doctor. Its probably nothing. Its allways good to have things like this checked out.

D_Ollyvalle Treegirth

Account Disabled
Media

Anybody else?

You shd go to your doctor right away. It could mean you have polyps, which can be an early warning sign of colorectal cancer. I'm sure it could mean plenty of other things, many of which may be harmless. But it's not something to be casual about. (My doctor put me through a colonoscopy when he asked me if I ever had your symptom, and I said I did, but only very slightly and rarely.)

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
It happened to me in May, the week after my mother died. My family doctor sent me to a gastroenterologist who promptly scheduled both a colonoscopy and an endoscopy of my esophagus and stomach.

I was asleep for the procedure and my daughter-in-law gave me a ride home from the hospital.

They found that I have gastritis and prescribed an anti-acid. There have been no episodes since I started taking the meds.

ThisSpace4Rent

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I used to be a heavy caffiene drinker (Mountain Dew being my drink of choice). I didn't realize it at the time, but caffiene was the source of a lot of intestinal problems for me, the scariest of which was similar drip drip drip kind of bleeding.

I only figured it out when I cut all soda out of my diet (I was a few pounds heavier than I wanted to be) and all of a sudden my intestinal tract went to 'normal' for the first time in years.

Haven't had any similar problems since I cut this stuff out and replaced w/ water.