Bloody Fireworks.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I was a kid fireworks were only available to buy in the few weeks coming up to bonfire night, now they're available the whole year round and I'm fairly positive I live in the firework centre of the world because most nights of the year I hear fireworks.

Isn't it about time they were banned or made available only to registered authorities so I'm not subjected to what sounds like the live version of the 1812 overture every night.

I was going to go out tonight, I decided not to simply because of all the bloody noise.

Every year someone is hurt by fireworks, is it really worth it, not to mention the amount of money people are literally burning.

Bah humbug.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought this post was going to be about heavy periods.... (Just kidding!)

Wow. Sorry to hear that. Whatever happened to penny for the guy?!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Near to where I live, someone in a scream mask costume went in a shop and put an lit industrial firework on the floor. It set of 200 rockets inside the shop. Everyone was okay but there was a baby upstairs that vomited from smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital.

The owner has been told to move out.

And I hate the noise too. AND it stinks of smoke in here I don't how or why. Its like there's a bonfire in the back yard. But there isn't.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
When I was a kid fireworks were only available to buy in the few weeks coming up to bonfire night, now they're available the whole year round and I'm fairly positive I live in the firework centre of the world because most nights of the year I hear fireworks.

Isn't it about time they were banned or made available only to registered authorities so I'm not subjected to what sounds like the live version of the 1812 overture every night.

I was going to go out tonight, I decided not to simply because of all the bloody noise.

Every year someone is hurt by fireworks, is it really worth it, not to mention the amount of money people are literally burning.

Bah humbug.

I was working in Blackheath until 7, the entire village road system was closed and they place turned into a theme park. I almost missed my train battling the crowds.

I don't really like fireworks, though as a kid they were a source of endless and (in retrospect) life threatening fun, but then I don't dislike them either, nor do I begrudge a little fun for those that do, provided they take care, sadly as you say, too many don't.

I like humbugs though.:smile:

9inchcanadian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I miss Bonfire night!!!!
Since moving to Canada nobody has a clue what its all about, in fact i tried to relay the whole Guy Fawkes story to a Canadian friend and they thought it was some kind of fairy tale!!!!!.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was supposed to be going out too but I've gone off the idea.There are no fires nearby but the smell of burning is everywhere.

busbby2000

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hi princess, it the same story here where i am fire works everynite, fireworks ejaculating all over my sky

xx

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was supposed to be going out too but I've gone off the idea.There are no fires nearby but the smell of burning is everywhere.

I love the smell of bonfires.

One of my fondest memories from childhood is the smell of garden fires and so on in the air during November. It's one of my favourite months for that memory. Now I live in the city, it's not like that.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It wouldn't be so bad if it was just around bonfire night, it's that it's all year around now, I don't begrudge people having fun as long as the bonfire is under 3 feet tall and made of sustainable wood, they stand nicely in line to watch the fireworks, it doesn't carry on for longer than an hour and the fireworks are pretty but silent ones :)

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love the smell of bonfires.
One of my fondest memories from childhood is the smell of garden fires and so on in the air during November. It's one of my favourite months for that memory. Now I live in the city, it's not like that.
I don't mind the smell of a woodfire like you'd get at a campsite,tonight it smells more like a chemical plant is on fire.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I found this, or rather it found me via Yahoo.

Remember, remember the fifth of November,
Gunpowder, treason, and plot,
I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.
Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, 't was his intent
To blow up the King and Parliament.
Three score barrels of powder below,
Poor old England to overthrow;
By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, make the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!

The author has long since slipped into anonymity it seems.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whatever happened to penny for the guy?!
It was superseded by trick or treating on Halloween.American cultural imperialism strikes again. :rolleyes:

Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, 't was his intent
To blow up the King and Parliament.
Three score barrels of powder below,
Poor old England to overthrow;
He was a Yorkshireman so I'm sure he had a good reason. :smile: