Blu-ray sales slow despite of lack of competition

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
without reading all thats previously been posted I just want to say. I wish consumers would have boycotted an additional format which is just another way to charge more money for additional technologies which were just fine. How damn clear does a movie have to be. Next they will make a resolution so large that our new 2000 dollars tvs will no longer be able to display. When is it going to end. I think instead of creating technologies to keep people sat in front of there tv screen they should come up with technologies which makes us less dependant on fossil fuels.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
OK folks here go look at all the HD variants
High-definition video - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only 7 yrs away from the NEXT upgrade, to ULTRA HDTV Ultra High Definition Video - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and
What is Ultra HDTV?

According to the first wiki article the first version of HighDefinition was proposed in 1981.

So back to BluRay. I'll be waiting til the Chinese companies start making tons of knockoff BluRay players and eventually the price will drop like a rock. Can get an elcheapo DVD player for 40 bux now. I think the main constraint is going to be the blue lasers, a bit harder to make and more defects if I remember right. I wonder when stand alone BluRay recorders are going to come out. I think I saw a BR player/recorder for computers for about $400.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
BLu-ray is , unfortunately, a technology owned by Sony.
They will charge royalties to any company wanting to build one... so the pricing will always be a little higher than the open standard that was DVD.

Keep in mind that the reason music sounds like SHIT today is because SONY litigated to prevent higher sampling rates than the standard CD quality sound... which is pure shit.
THey prevented the marketing of Super Audio cds and tape for 12 years.

And, since the old man died... their products have turned to shit.