BoA is going to fuck you, the taxpayer, enjoy

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't mean to sound like a frekin' commercial here, but at present I find Capital One relatively more palatable than many. Unlike BofA, who is currently charging a 5.00 monthly fee for using a debit card, Cap One gives credits (something like A.E. does) for every purchase, that you can use for some kind of gift, though you'd have to use it a lot to add up to anything of value.

Further, there's no fees for checking account (knock on wood) excepting the cost of the checks. And if you use one of those strange ATM's in some mom or pop store that charges up to 2.50 for the pleasure, Cap One refunds that fee... for now at least, because if BofA gets away with its shit, no telling who else will try to follow suit.

"Do you want to know more?"

https://secure.consumersunion.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=2569

Cap One has zero retail presence here in SoFla, unfortunately. I'll research some more online, but at the moment there's no obvious sign of them anywhere here (even Citi has a branch in downtown FtL).

Keeping my Suntrust account is going to cost me $15 per month for what, at the moment costs me nothing. My only advantage is that their branch office and ATMs are extremely walkable, and I live car-free.

As I alluded to earlier, there's a gay-owned/operated credit union about a ten minute's walk from my apartment that warrants further exploration. Part of it is, because, in these times 15 bucks is 15 bucks; the other part is that I resent being required to pay tomorrow for what was free yesterday. It grates on my last gay nerve :mad: