Board homophobes

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Certainly two posters (perhaps three) immediately come to mind as I compose this thread.

What I'd like input about is whether or not we need to indulge/endure posters whose overt and obvious homophobia is so blatantly paraded in front of us any more willingly than we endure the racists in our ranks.

Unlike it's first cousin racism, homophobia appears to be somehow more acceptable here. It's odd to me that many will rally to the slightest indication of racial bias (as is there obligation) yet when the two posters I have in mind have outright exhibited their feelings that we resident homosexuals are somehow "deviant to the nature of things reproductively" the board remains largely still. Few respond.

Indeed the moderator who suggested I begin a new thread about it appears to want to downplay it. I'm curious. Where do you all fall in this thing?

Is racial bias and social bias toward homosexuality of equal abhorrence to us all? Or is the pervasive board thinking that racism is somehow worse?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stronzo said:
Certainly two posters (perhaps three) immediately come to mind as I compose this thread.

What I'd like input about is whether or not we need to indulge/endure posters whose overt and obvious homophobia is so blatantly paraded in front of us any more willingly than we endure the racists in our ranks.

Unlike it's first cousin racism, homophobia appears to be somehow more acceptable here. It's odd to me that many will rally to the slightest indication of racial bias (as is there obligation) yet when the two posters I have in mind have outright exhibited their feelings that we resident homosexuals are somehow "deviant to the nature of things reproductively" the board remains largely still. Few respond.

Indeed the moderator who suggested I begin a new thread about it appears to want to downplay it. I'm curious. Where do you all fall in this thing?

Is racial bias and social bias toward homosexuality of equal abhorrence to us all? Or is the pervasive board thinking that racism is somehow worse?

How about the vicious attacks on one's political views... that blows away (no pun intended) any iota of racism or homophobia here...

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
but lovey... I have ancestors in your Charleston Huguenot churchyard. Look right in the fence at the front row. That's the little patriot right there! Not quite so easy to pigeonhole me yet HB.

My 7th great grandfather is right there front row center inside the iron fence. His tombstone is staring you in your Rebel face!:cool:

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It's one thing to express your beliefs, i.e expressing that you don't like a certain type of sex. It's another to outwardly bash another member of the board for those sexual reasons.

I think bashing on somebody because they're a trolly tool is alright though.

This board is about peens, sex, and the freedom of it therein. Nobody should be made to feel like their sexual preference is any lesser than another.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Heather LouAnna said:
It's one thing to express your beliefs, i.e expressing that you don't like a certain type of sex. It's another to outwardly bash another member of the board for those sexual reasons.

I think bashing on somebody because they're a trolly tool is alright though.

This board is about peens, sex, and the freedom of it therein. Nobody should be made to feel like their sexual preference is any lesser than another.

Except on Et Cetera.... sky's the limit.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I refuse to get upset by it as I really don't care what homophobes think of me. Over the years I have found that people who fall into that category have closed minds and are unlikely to reform whatever is said to them so why waste my energy on them. I don't see this as apathy on my part I just prefer to direct my attention elsewhere.

I think I know the posters to whom you are referring and my opinion is that as well as being homophobic they are wind-up Merchants. I bet they love seeing the storms that flood in after their posts. You wont ever change that type of person so why give them the satisfaction?

There are of course others who may make remarks out of ignorance. In this instance it is worthwhile getting into debate.

Ignorance can be cured genetic twatfulness cannot. :smile:

hottxboi16

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I have to pretty much agree with you stronzo....

ALSO, to the comment about whinning....I dont see how making a board about feeling opressed is whinning? So was all of the black civil rights just whinning? Thats a pretty idiotic comment if i do say so myself.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Stronzo said:
Thanks Heather. Finally a non-defensive reply. Why am I not shocked it's a female's response?:33:

Hey, man. I swing all ways. Sex is sex to me. Some shit I like, some shit I don't, but I'm not gonna hate on people because they don't like something I do.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
faceking said:
Except on Et Cetera.... sky's the limit.

It was beaten to death here fk. Veiled Racism in America, on LPSG

It was beaten to death and not tolerated. The numbers who responded were a testament to clear thought. I'm addressing an inequity by instruction of our moderator Lex. Please try to work congenially with me without feeling as if you are my 'target' audience.

We lost one of my poster friends over that thread. That should indicate the seriousness with which it was taken.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hottxboi16 said:
I have to pretty much agree with you stronzo....

ALSO, to the comment about whinning....I dont see how making a board about feeling opressed is whinning? So was all of the black civil rights just whinning? Thats a pretty idiotic comment if i do say so myself.

Thank hottxboi.

Please read "I don't want to have to deal with that topic it makes my head hurt" for what others will call 'whining'.

It's a tactic used to dismiss the seriousness of an issue.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Stronzo said:
It was beaten to death here fk. Veiled Racism in America, on LPSG

It was beaten to death and not tolerated. The numbers who responded were a testament to clear thought. I'm addressing an inequity by instruction of our moderator Lex. Please try to work congenially with me without feeling as if you are my 'target' audience.

We lost one of my poster friends over that thread. That should indicate the seriousness with which it was taken.

Then answer me this... should they be kicked off? Not trying to pigeon-hole anyone here... but given the freedom of ______________ that goes rampant here, should a homophobe, heterophobe (which I think you may be Strozno.... KIDDING) or racist be able to post as such (so long as they commonly attempt to do so with logic and not attack ppl PERSONALLY)?

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I am one of these persons then can I just say that believing gay sex is unnatural does not mean I am phobic of gay men or gay women. It doesn't mean I see anything wrong with gay sex. I stated more than once that although I don't believe gay sex is natural, I am NOT homophobic.

Unnatural does not equal 'hate' or imply a phobia of anything. How anyone could find homophobia in any of my posts is beyond me.

Anyway, if it isn't about me then nothing is lost. If it is and there are people who believe I am homophobic then I just don't care. You don't know me and the supposed 'discussion' degenerated into something horrible that people have all taken badly. The meanings of words were lost and the thread was taken out of context.

hottxboi16

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Stronzo said:
Thank hottxboi.

Please read "I don't want to have to deal with that topic it makes my head hurt" for what others will call 'whining'.

It's a tactic used to dismiss the seriousness of an issue.

Yeah well its dumb and annoying, Id rather he not have even posted then be rude and obnoxious.

Status
Not open for further replies.